New Acquisitions!!

Errex

Today I bought the four movie Indiana Jones set on DVD, the one that comes with the Sideshow Crystal Skull mini bust. I love the skull, and I have been wanting the movies on DVD for a long time. :D

Joosse

Errex said:
Today I bought the four movie Indiana Jones set on DVD, the one that comes with the Sideshow Crystal Skull mini bust. I love the skull, and I have been wanting the movies on DVD for a long time. :D

I just got that version with the Crystral skull bust yesterday!

And it only cost me 10 Euro's! :D

So, any Indy fan's out there from the Netherlands, hurry to the Van Leest store and get one while they are still there.

And Goonie, thanks, yes they are hard to find! :hat:

dsc00375t.jpg

dsc00376t.jpg

dsc00377s.jpg

dsc00378bf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Joosse

Crack that whip said:
:eek:

How on earth does one acquire such items?!? And why aren't they in Lucasfilm's archives, or a museum somewhere?!

You spend years looking, and then, if you are really lucky, you find something like this an pay a lot of money for it...

And I am sure there is also a copy of this in the Lucasfilm archives, they are pretty strict about that, but this one is going in my museum. :D

Stoo

Joosse, congrats on obtaining the storyboard! Nice. (It's a good bet that's a drawing by Joe Johnston.(y))

Recent acquistions on a holiday sweep:
Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead - Indigo Books, Kingston, Ontario
Indiana Jones Adventures #2 - Capitaine Quebec, Montreal, Quebec (This was sitting on lay-away for a few months and I finally had the the chance to pick it up!)
The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones - Omnibus #2 - Chapters, Toronto, Ontario (Having all the original Marvels, I don't really need this but bought it anyway to sit beside Vol. 1)
Indiana Jones - The Official Magazine #6 - gift from fellow Canadian, Les David of www.throwmetheidol.com. Now I have all 6.:)

To Ravenheads everywhere, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure someone out there has a PDF of the storyboards. It seems they kept the same scene numbers throughout the process. 158 is the DC debriefing, and this exterior shot X158 isn't in the May 28, 1980 continuity breakdown yet. Awesome, can you get a clearer shot or a scan, Joosse?

Crack that whip said:
:eek:

How on earth does one acquire such items?!? And why aren't they in Lucasfilm's archives, or a museum somewhere?!

There are many copies made from the original; the originals never leave Lucasfilm. Key people on the production team are given these to co-ordinate the difficult task of bringing those drawings to life by scouting the right location, building the sets, etc.

I have been approached a few times by people that either worked on films or somehow inherited the materials from someone that worked on (or was associated with) a film production. But they certainly don't appear with any regular frequency.

Montana Smith

My three DVD volumes of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones have finally just arrived. We hadn't seen a postman for three days as the Royal Mail deemed our area unsafe to visit due to ice and snow (!)

inky_skin

Vintage Indy with repro whip and pistol (broken thumb, but I'll use by customising skills to repair it). Hollow Earth novel from my wife (with 12 'Adventure Tokens' made by her to redeem for another Indy book off my wish list each month).

On a related Lucasfilm note, I also got a James Earl Jones autograph via my brother in law who is a stage hand at the Novello in London where old 'Darth' is currently appearing in 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof'.

Joosse

Moedred said:
I'm sure someone out there has a PDF of the storyboards. It seems they kept the same scene numbers throughout the process. 158 is the DC debriefing, and this exterior shot X158 isn't in the May 28, 1980 continuity breakdown yet. Awesome, can you get a clearer shot or a scan, Joosse?

Is this any help?

storyboard1.jpg

storyboard2.jpg

These were made by the guy I bought it from, who obviously has a better camera than I do.

Originally these came from a guy who worked at ILM on bothe Raiders and Doom, but not the other two movies.

As you can see, it sais that they'll be using stock footage, wich according to Rocket Scientist should be from 'the Hindenberg'.

The intention of this is clearly an establishing shot, showing: 'We are in Washington now...'

;)

Goonie

Finally got a hold of Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues for PC. Except, looks like the system requirements are a little more than the first game and I'm not sure if I'll be able to run it on my laptop. Oh well, might have to wait until I get a better computer.

Goonie

Well our local Chapters store never got the books in, so I ordered them thru their website. Saved about $15 in the process. I ordered:
Indiana Jones Omnibus The Further Adventures Volume 2
Indiana Jones Adventures Volume 2
Mystery of the Crystal Skulls
- not an Indiana Jones book, but should go well with the collection.

(y) Should receive the books in a few days.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Just got a bunch of stuff and boy is my wallet still hurting...

a 3/500 of the Mickey as Indy BIG FIG, a Sideshow environment set for my Indy figs, a great "Book of Jones" from Locoduck and found an old pic of me about to get the famed Harrison auto from way back in 1999! Two Indy and Henry Sr. die cast Titaniums for only 1.99 at a Ocean State Job Lot...PLUS finally found LEGO Temple of Doom set today at a Target! Hope February is easier on the bank account...

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg