Young Indiana Jones action figures

I would love to see YIJC action figures. A war Indy, a young safari indy, and an indy in one of his many suits is what i would like to see. Also an indy from the treasure of the peacocks eye. I wonder if lucas will even consider it. Im sure they would be a hit.

DIrishB

I'd love to see them too, but lets get real. Not even the Indy figures based on the movies (which have a MUCH wider fan-base) did well on store shelves...what hope could Young Indy figures have?

I hate to burst the bubble, but its the truth. The closest we're gonna get to Young Indy figures is the already produced Young Indy (River Phoenix) from the Last Crusade figures.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
DIrishB said:
Resident Alien...is that you...?

LOL! Glad to see you got the reference! :D

I admit, it did feel pretty out of character when I typed that post. It wasn't meant to be serious. I just laugh whenever I read that thread and I thought the newbies might appreciate it. ;)

phantom train

Hey guys, I know this thread is kind of a joke, and I know YIJC figures have a snowball's chance in **** of being made, but for the heck of it I just wanted to reprint my "wish list" of YIJC figures from another thread. This list has been edited.
For what it's worth, I would definitely support a line of YIJC figures. I think the market is there, but it's extremely small, and if these figures are ever made I'm sure the only way they would be sold would be through direct market (i.e., comic book stores) and/or online:

Love's Sweet Song

- Young Indy in street clothes
- Vicky Prentiss

Trenches of H***

- Young Indy in Belgian Army uniform w/helmet
- Remy in Belgian Army uniform w/helmet
- Generic German soldier

Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life

- Young Indy in tan Belgian Army uniform w/pith helmet
- Remy in tan Belgian Army uniform w/pith helmet
- Bartholemew (sp?)
- Major Boucher (sp?)

Phantom Train of Doom

- Generic German Soldier (tan uniform)
- Frederick Selous
- All the rest of the older soldiers (I can't remember their names)

Demons of Deception

- Young Indy in dress uniform
- Mata Hari

Masks of Evil

- Count Torgo (sp?), AKA Dracula

Treasure of the Peacock's Eye

- German w/eyepatch
- Female singer/pirate

Mystery of the Blues

- Older IJ (H. Ford) from the bookends
- Sidney Bechet w/several musical instruments
- Young Indy in street clothes w/soprano sax
- Al Capone w/scar

Vehicles

- Car (Model T?) that Young Indy drove to the prom in the "Princeton 1916" segment
- Motorcycle Young Indy was riding as a courier in "Trenches"

DIrishB

Violet Indy said:
LOL! Glad to see you got the reference! :D

I admit, it did feel pretty out of character when I typed that post. It wasn't meant to be serious. I just laugh whenever I read that thread and I thought the newbies might appreciate it. ;)

Hey, you were much nicer, I should've known.

But you're right...

phantom train said:
Hey guys, I know this thread is kind of a joke, and I know YIJC figures have a snowball's chance in **** of being made, but for the heck of it I just wanted to reprint my "wish list" of YIJC figures from another thread. This list has been edited.
For what it's worth, I would definitely support a line of YIJC figures. I think the market is there, but it's extremely small, and if these figures are ever made I'm sure the only way they would be sold would be through direct market (i.e., comic book stores) and/or online:

Love's Sweet Song

- Young Indy in street clothes
- Vicky Prentiss

Trenches of H***

- Young Indy in Belgian Army uniform w/helmet
- Remy in Belgian Army uniform w/helmet
- Generic German soldier

Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life

- Young Indy in tan Belgian Army uniform w/pith helmet
- Remy in tan Belgian Army uniform w/pith helmet
- Bartholemew (sp?)
- Major Boucher (sp?)

Phantom Train of Doom

- Generic German Soldier (tan uniform)
- Frederick Selous
- All the rest of the older soldiers (I can't remember their names)

Demons of Deception

- Young Indy in dress uniform
- Mata Hari

Masks of Evil

- Count Torgo (sp?), AKA Dracula

Treasure of the Peacock's Eye

- German w/eyepatch
- Female singer/pirate

Mystery of the Blues

- Older IJ (H. Ford) from the bookends
- Sidney Bechet w/several musical instruments
- Young Indy in street clothes w/soprano sax
- Al Capone w/scar

Vehicles

- Car (Model T?) that Young Indy drove to the prom in the "Princeton 1916" segment
- Motorcycle Young Indy was riding as a courier in "Trenches"

Dude, that list is ****ing awesome. I believe the expletive is warranted. So cool. I'd love to see something like this.

(y)

I didn't mean to come off as a cynic in my previous post, but it seems Lucasfilm's licensing fees for Indy are just too high compared to Indy's attraction to kids and collectors.

(n)

Crack that whip

Perhaps, but LEGO seems to be Ok with them, at least. It's still an extremely long shot, but perhaps if the LEGO Indy line continues for a few years as successfully as it's apparently been so far, I wonder whether they might be willing to do some sets from the show, even if only a few smaller sets, promo items, "collector's market" sets or the like...

NoCamels

Ooh, Lego Young Indy. I'd like those sets AND a video game!

(aww, that made me sad, thinking about Legos that won't ever be made...Lego Doctor Who the Video Game would be awesome too. I'll have to settle for my custom minifigs. :))

Crack that whip

Funny you should mention that; there's a discussion in the FBTB forums (From Bricks to Bothans, a Star Wars LEGO fansite) about a hypothetical LEGO Doctor Who line. I'd offer a link, but the site seems to have just gone down anyway...

I wonder how long the LEGO Indy line will run. Most of LEGO's licensed lines don't run for more than three years or so at most, with Star Wars obviously being the huge exception; it's been reneweed once already, and is currently celebrating its tenth anniversary.

Indy is apparently doing very well, from all reports. If nothing else, it seems to me that with the 30th anniversary of Indiana Jones in 2011 so close (yikes, has it been that long?!), they'd want to keep it going to at least that year, but what do I know...