Monkey Island Remake and New Monkey Island Game Coming This Summer!

Irfaan

ALL NEW MOKEY ISLAND AND MOKEY ISLAND REMAKE!!! YES!!! I'm CRYING!!!!!!!!!! BEST NEWS EVER! SOD THAT FLIPPING INDY STAFF OF KINGS GAME, THIS MAKES UP FOR IT, LUCASARTS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOooooo HAPPY! High Definition!!!!!!!!!!! COMING THIS SUMMER! Thank YOU E3!!!!

monkeyisland.jpg

READ ARTICLE HERE!!! http://kotaku.com/5273950/new-and-old-monkey-island-adventures-in-the-works

RedeemedChild

Yes, I'm all very happy and over-joyed. However I am not at all pleased with the fact that LucasArts has chosen to ignore the PSP and DS.

It would be very nice it they'd chosen to include at lest either the DS or PSP or even the iPhone for that matter.

Yet we have three laptops and one Wii and so I guess we can play the game that way.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
Yes, I'm all very happy and over-joyed. However I am not at all pleased with the fact that LucasArts has chosen to ignore the PSP and DS.

Wouldn't those do poorly at handling the level of detail a proper graphic adventure requires?

The Tingler

Okay, lets be clear:

Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition: PC and 360
Tales of Monkey Island: PC and Wii

Both are downloadable, not (so far) available to buy in the shops. So that's the normal DS out. However, the only party not getting screwed in some fashion is the PC (rightfully so!), and the only party getting screwed completely is Sony.

Nevertheless, as a very very happy PC-preferring Monkey Island fan, I am absolutely ecstatic. THERE'S A NEW MONKEY ISLAND COMING NEXT MONTH!!

Doesn't quite make up for their screwing over Indy (Indy forum, remember? (y)), but comes veeeeeerrry close.

EvilDevo

Oh man, Fate of Atlantis remake! Well... anything is possible. Probably depends on Staff of Kings sales.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
EvilDevo said:
Oh man, Fate of Atlantis remake! Well... anything is possible. Probably depends on Staff of Kings sales.

Seems unlikely that they'll go into that barrel again, though, since they're putting FoA out with SoK. Besides, I don't think FoA would really be suited to the cartoonish style of the new Monkey Island remake (whereas it does suit Monkey Island, rather well).

I'm holding out some hope for some Lego Fate of Atlantis as being relevant under the banner of "additional announcements are forthcoming." After all, we have been told that the new Lego game has 6 hubs, and the films only account for four of them.

RedeemedChild

Attila the Professor said:
Wouldn't those do poorly at handling the level of detail a proper graphic adventure requires?

Well I don't really know. The DS is getting better thanks to the DSi. Simply look at the new footage of Golden Sun on the DSi, that was remarkable.

Plus the PSP has good graphical capabilities. With the wonderful graphics of games like Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 and the new PangYa: Fantasy Golf I think that the Monkey Island Games would look good on them.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
Well I don't really know. The DS is getting better thanks to the DSi. Simply look at the new footage of Golden Sun on the DSi, that was remarkable.

Plus the PSP has good graphical capabilities. With the wonderful graphics of games like Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 and the new PangYa: Fantasy Golf I think that the Monkey Island Games would look good on them.

I'm not sure it's a matter of cosmetics. It's a matter of detail. There's often small items that need to be found in these games, quite precisely, in order for gameplay to work properly.

I don't know - I can't say I really understand the fixation with these handhelds, to be honest.

Le Saboteur

Attila the Professor said:
I'm not sure it's a matter of cosmetics. It's a matter of detail. There's often small items that need to be found in these games, quite precisely, in order for gameplay to work properly.

I'm going to agree with our dear Professor on this one. Compare, for example, the PSP version of MLB '09: The Show with its larger, beefier cousins on the PS3 and PS2; all three have the gameplay ported intact, but the PSP is noticeably deficient when it comes to details. Home Run animations, umpires, players in the dugout: all these are missing and reduces the overall experience. I suspect that we'd experience something similar with a Monkey Island port to any of the handheld systems.

I, however, do not understand the shirking of the PS3 on the part of Lucas Arts. It makes no sense.

Finn

Staff member
Moved down to the correct section. It ain't an Indy game, you know.

But other than that, good news, good news. Original MI with enchanced graphics and full VO? Yes, please.

Also I immensely enjoyed the new Sam & Max episodes of Telltale, so new MI coming from them is almost a guaranteed quality product.

<small>Now, if only we didn't have some uneducated shmucks around who can't tell the difference between an adventure game and a RPG... *sigh* Damn kids.</small>

Agent Crab

Finn said:
<small>Now, if only we didn't have some uneducated shmucks around who can't tell the difference between an adventure game and a RPG... *sigh* Damn kids.</small>
I know people who called games like Okami, Megaman and even Mario RPGs.

AlivePoet

Agent Crab said:
I know people who called games like Okami, Megaman and even Mario RPGs.

You mean like Megaman Battle Network, Super Mario RPG and the RPG elements (to be found, certainly) in Okami? Ignorant twits.

;)

Agent Crab

AlivePoet said:
You mean like Megaman Battle Network, Super Mario RPG and the RPG elements (to be found, certainly) in Okami? Ignorant twits.

;)

Nope, they ment Megaman Classic and Mario 64.