Remy

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
The last episode of Remy in was "Treasure of the Peacock's Eye."He goes on looking for the Peacock's Eye, while Indy gives up and goes back to the States to go to university. As to whether really found what he was looking for, well who knows? He probably would have given up later.

Balou

in my opinion a pretty sad goodbye. In many episodes Remy had a friendlier appereance than Indy, the figur had a nice character, not the kind of arrogance Young Indy had sometimes.
I´d love to know what happened to him after the search for the peacocks eye. But I fear that´ll be a mystery.
(what a sad mood: I should stop hearing the "Oganga" - soundtrack atm ;) )

BrodyIsDead

Balou said:
in my opinion a pretty sad goodbye. In many episodes Remy had a friendlier appereance than Indy, the figur had a nice character, not the kind of arrogance Young Indy had sometimes.
I´d love to know what happened to him after the search for the peacocks eye. But I fear that´ll be a mystery.
(what a sad mood: I should stop hearing the "Oganga" - soundtrack atm ;) )

That soundtrack is pretty nice - especially the Bach tune... :)

Anyway, as far as I'm aware, the actor who played Remy died a few years back, so unless it's in print form, we'll never see him portray the funny Frenchman on screen again... Great character - anyone know if he was ever in any of the Indy books later? :confused:

BrodyIsDead said:
Anyway, as far as I'm aware, the actor who played Remy died a few years back, so unless it's in print form, we'll never see him portray the funny Frenchman on screen again... Great character - anyone know if he was ever in any of the Indy books later? :confused:

The IMDB says he commited suicide in 2000, doesn't give a reason why. :( Remy is in at least one of the choose your own adventure books and a couple of comics. Don't know if he comes back after the Peacock's Eye though. Might have to look into that one.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
BrodyIsDead said:
That soundtrack is pretty nice - especially the Bach tune... :)

Remy's not French!!!!!
He's Belgian!!!!

JoSav

The actor who played Remy, Ronny Coutteure committed suicide on June 21 2000, according to his wife Dianne because he wanted an 'artist exit'. He felt misjudged and underappreciated always playing the side-kick or otherwise never being able to be in the main limelight, this depressed him and he felt it was unfair. I feel Remy was a great character and one of my favourites in all of Indiana Jones. Can't resist a good-natured Belgian, can you?

Johnny Nys

First I heard of it as well, and I'm Belgian! Pretty depressing. Guess he got the Hollywood virus but couldn't find an antidote. Then again, how can you ever really know why a person does such a thing ...

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Always good to see a fellow Belgian at The Raven!
I remember seeing Ronny Coutteure playing a small but funny role in Robbe De "schat" Hert's Blueberry Hill.

One of the fun parts of the Young Indy tv-series was the friendship of Indy & Remy.

Young Indy: "You Belgians eat everything." :p
(see Indy's Phantom Train of Doom)

qwerty

Gilles are you the fan of Indiana Jones becouse of Remy?
If not, what is your story. We know basicly nothing about you.

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Nope, I'm not an Indy fan because of Remy. That's a coincidence.
I once posted my "story" at The Raven some time ago. Maybe you can find it? ;)

Joe Brody

I admit to being a Remy fan. Look at old photos of group scenes (like construction sites, class pictures, unit photos etc.) from the Gilded age on through WWI and there's always a strange looking dude with glasses. Sure his whining could grate, but he had an authenticity that added depth to the show.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
qwerty said:
Gilles are you the fan of Indiana Jones becouse of Remy?
If not, what is your story. We know basicly nothing about you.

Qwerty, Gilles is the international man of mystery. Name one forum where members know heaps about the admin? Or perhaps too much....

JK_Antwon

Remy was one of my favorites buddies of Indy too! It's sad to know the actor didn't realise how much fans of Indy loved him. It would have been cool to see him in the new movie....

BrodyIsDead

Remy?

Does anybody know if anything official was ever written down in the books or literature about what happened to the character of Remy after he and Young Indy parted ways in 1919 after losing the triail of the Peacock's Eye?

---------------------------------

Another mystery trail is already under way at:

www.findthemissingreel.com

Junior Jones

There's nothing I've seen or read about the further adventures of Remy Beaudoin. I've always wondered what happened to him.

metalinvader

I'm guessing his quest for the jewel eventually got him killed.Though I never took Remy as being as adventursome as Indy.So,I can't imagine him getting very far as Indy would have.

If the diamond in TOD is the peacocks eye,What happened to it after it got lost in the nightclub?Another lost artifact?