Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

Lance Quazar

ChromiumBlue37 said:
My guesses for the kit-bashed Indiana Jones figure with accessories would include some of the iconic treasure in the 3 3/4 scale to the figures -

Chachapoyan Idol
Staff of Ra
Urn of Nurhachi's Remains
Sankara Stones
Cross of Coranado
Holy Grail
Crystal Skull

Whip Coil
Whip Lashing
Gas Mask Bag
Pistol
Shovel
Head with hat
Head without Hat
Variety of Snakes

Almost all of these have already been made. I hope we see some new items.

I also hope the five Lost figures come with the accessories that were originally teased (i.e. Sapito's backpack, Marion's snakes, Toht's poker, etc.)

Montana Smith

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I think I am still so excited with the news that I just can't sleep right now!

I know what you mean. When news like this breaks I get really impatient, and just want to secure a pre-order so I can relax!

Do SDCC exclusives go up for pre-order on sites? I've only really noticed them after the event on places like Forbiddenplanet.com /.co.uk.

Lance Quazar said:

I would only expect them to include items related to ROTLA, as that's the theme of the set.

Lance Quazar said:
I also hope the five Lost figures come with the accessories that were originally teased (i.e. Sapito's backpack, Marion's snakes, Toht's poker, etc.)

I'm, pretty sure they'd release everything that was prototyped, otherwise us hungry fans will feel short-changed!

Not sure what other small ROTLA accessories they can pack with Indy, though.

If these generate enough interest it would be great if Hasbro saw fit to repeat this format, and give us Marcus, Sallah and Belloq in suits, Dietrich, Gobler, Katanga, Hovitos warriors, Barranca (plus a pack donkey!), Raven bar thugs, Marion in her Raven outfit, the military intelligence trio, Marion and Indy in their Washington outfits, Jock, the Gestapo in Cairo, more German soldiers...

Or am I just being overly ambitious? ;)

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
Do SDCC exclusives go up for pre-order on sites? I've only really noticed them after the event on places like Forbiddenplanet.com /.co.uk.

No. They usually go up on Hasbro Toy Shop simultaneously, but that's it.

Any other unaffiliated website that sells them are basically scalpers.

Granted, some people might put them up for pre-order on the expectation they will be scalping them, but it's a bit shady.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
No. They usually go up on Hasbro Toy Shop simultaneously, but that's it.

Any other unaffiliated website that sells them are basically scalpers.

Granted, some people might put them up for pre-order on the expectation they will be scalping them, but it's a bit shady.

In the past I thought a certain allocation has been designated for non-attendees, and the major players here in the UK get a supply of them.

At least I hope that's what normally happened in the past.

I just checked a few Googled results, and found a reference to previous SDCC exclusives going up for pre-order at Forbiddenplanet.co.uk.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

ChromiumBlue37

Lance Quazar said:

This was going to be my next question of concern. Looks like the "Lost Wave" figures had some sweet accessories. Love the backpack, poker and bundle of snakes!

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
I wonder if Toht will come with both heads or JUST the melted head? You could read that either way. Man, I am so excited about getting these finally! I wonder if we will see pics of the new Indy?

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about that. I'd far prefer the "regular" version myself.

Billy Ray

Hasbro did release a boxed set of all the McQuarrie concept figures that was a Toys R Us exclusive and they left out a lot of the figures original accessories, so you never know.

I know that Hasbro got burned on the Indy line (or burned themselves at least) but they have to know that there is a high demand for these and that they will make a killing on them. It's in their best interest to make as many of these as possible.

ChromiumBlue37

Billy Ray said:
Hasbro did release a boxed set of all the McQuarrie concept figures that was a Toys R Us exclusive and they left out a lot of the figures original accessories, so you never know.

I know that Hasbro got burned on the Indy line (or burned themselves at least) but they have to know that there is a high demand for these and that they will make a killing on them. It's in their best interest to make as many of these as possible.

Hasbro really burned themselves with the Indy line back in 2008. They overproduced that ridiculous KOTCS wave along with the first Raiders wave and clogged up the pegs with Mutt figures. They should have introduced the Indy line with modest production numbers a year to six months before KOTCS. They produced way too much thinking it would all sell out like Star Wars does. If it had been for a more sensible and modest marketing strategy, then Indy line might still be in production today.

Hasbro promised us this wave of figures, visciously teased us and then cancelled the line. Well, I can't complain now. They have finally delivered!!

FETT1

PRETTY DANG COOL ...too bad their a SDCC EXCLUSIVE...maybe we should post a HELP
'pretty PLEASE git ME MY INDY FIGURE'S " POST....

if these come to either STAR WARS SHOP OR HASBUTT TOYSHOP could someone HELP getting these mailed to me in CANADA....the s/h from HASBUTT WEBSITE to THE GREAT WHITE NORTH is bad bad bad ...oh and super expensive ...just a thought...
oh so cooool announcement!
:D :D :D :D :D :whip:

JimmyPSHayes

I would suspect that it'll be a couple more months before any site puts them up for pre-order. They have to figure out the price point first. I checked ebay and nobody had them up there yet, which surprised me. I, thankfully, have a few friends going to SDCC, so hopefully I'll be able to get a couple of sets at least.

I.M.J.

JimmyPSHayes said:
I would suspect that it'll be a couple more months before any site puts them up for pre-order. They have to figure out the price point first. I checked ebay and nobody had them up there yet, which surprised me. I, thankfully, have a few friends going to SDCC, so hopefully I'll be able to get a couple of sets at least.

You think GC will have any of these in-store, Jimmy? It might save me some mail order hunting if the markup isn't too much...

michael

Nurhachi1991 said:
I could see Indy and Mutt trying to cop some tickets.....

Mutt:What language was that?

Indy:Klingon.... I served with Jean Luc Picard one of his guys spoke it

Mutt: Bull **** you flew with Picard??
I lol'd.

This is pretty cool/unexpected news. Interested to see how much these are going to cost online though... :eek:

Billy Ray

Just a tidbit from Adam Pawlus' Q&A at Galactic Hunter:

The best valentine to fans was confirmation that the final wave of Indiana Jones will be sold at Comic-Con as a boxed set. 5 figures, plus a new Indiana Jones cobbled together from existing tooling and, we're told, the best Harrison Ford head sculpt ever. Given the quality of the Indy toys, that may not be a tall order, but Satipo may be enough to warrant your throwing down.

Best Harrison Ford sculpt ever huh? Can't wait to see it.

tnswman

Billy Ray said:
I'd be interested to hear what tnswman thinks of this news...does he even come around here any more?

What do I think? I LOVE IT! The COMPLETE lost wave fully complete and carded and a brand "new" Indy....It's the ultimate Indy with maximum posability, a new head, and lots of goodies.

Why wouldn't I love the news? It gives me a chance to display the finished figures beside of the prototypes.

As we talked about in the old days, Hasbro knew what they had here.