Ideas For New Indy Actor

Hayden no, McAvoy, meh

Hayden Christensen's acting, along with that of the kid in Episode 1, RUINED those prequels for me. At least the kid in Ep 1 had a little charisma. Hayden had NO ability to carry any emotion, which is what pre-vader Skywalker needed to convey his trip to the darkside. I think the prequels get a bad rep, but its Hayden's acting that makes it so easy to criticize them.

As for McAvoy, I guess he would be passable. but the more these discussions go on, the more I feel like live-action Indy needs to end when Harrison decides to give up the hat and whip.

Just my two cents (remember, so far the only other actor I would care to see play a 1930s Indy is SPF and he's quickly getting to old as well. Plus I seem to be in the minority on that idea.)

Walecs

punisher5150 said:
Hayden Christensen's acting, along with that of the kid in Episode 1, RUINED those prequels for me. At least the kid in Ep 1 had a little charisma. Hayden had NO ability to carry any emotion, which is what pre-vader Skywalker needed to convey his trip to the darkside. I think the prequels get a bad rep, but its Hayden's acting that makes it so easy to criticize them.

As for McAvoy, I guess he would be passable. but the more these discussions go on, the more I feel like live-action Indy needs to end when Harrison decides to give up the hat and whip.

Just my two cents (remember, so far the only other actor I would care to see play a 1930s Indy is SPF and he's quickly getting to old as well. Plus I seem to be in the minority on that idea.)

He's almost 50, now, but I admit he did surely age well.

Le Saboteur

Túrin Turambar said:
...this is not 007 you can just change the actor...and when they do, it will always be a poor man's Indy.

You're so ratchet.

For the more rational thinkers, between the Wolverine movies and Australia, Hugh Jackman has been holding an open audition.

hugh-jackman-australia-GC.jpg

MV5BMjA1NDYzODg5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzcxOTUwMg@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

He can sing! He can dance! And he's probably been to France! I would even bet that a dinner at his house is never second best.

If that's not enough then, man, this guy's pretty rugged. Imagine what you could do if you slathered that in peanut butter.

muscle-hunk-jacket-jeans-bulge-naked-hairy-chest-gay-male-model-manly-pecs-abs-biceps-strained-armsoutdoors-public-park-romanian-bear.png

Montana Smith

Le Saboteur said:
For the more rational thinkers, between the Wolverine movies and Australia, Hugh Jackman has been holding an open audition.

(y)

It's not a very big leap of the imagination either, and Jackman won't have to break a sweat getting into character since it's fairly obvious that sometime between TLC and KOTCS Indy gained an adamantium skeleton and healing factor:

088.jpg

wolverine_as_indiana_jones_by_mattelder by Titus Pullover, on Flickr

seasider

I've always thought Josh Duhamel could make a good younger Indy if they ever to do a flashback piece like they did with River Phoenix in Last Crusade. This picture was the best I could find that gives you an idea how he might look in a Fedora.

http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/actors/joshduhamel/images/pic09.jpg

If they decide to go really young with Indy, I like Logan Lerman. I thought he should've gotten the Spiderman but that's another discussion. He's 22 now. This picture is when he was in 3:10 To Yuma

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21300000/-3-10-To-Yuma-logan-lerman-21354036-660-270.jpg

Another actor who would be a longshot but one I think could work is Noah Wylie. He's a veteran TV actor in his 40's now. He's shown he can play characters who are well educated but also can be do physical roles. Wylie's main issue is he lacks the cockiness that comes with being Indy.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8900000/Noah-Wyle-noah-wyle-8916085-1024-768.jpg

Mickiana

OK already! :) I think we found our new Sallah. Out of the recent suggestions, I would say Hugh Jackman is a good choice. I don't think he's too old, but he would have to be less macho than what we've seen of him to retain the 'everyman' quality of Indiana Jones.

Montana Smith

Túrin Turambar said:
they will be playing him in the 30's, you ok?

Or would they?

From the first post:

Millions said:
Look at all the great Bond films we'd have missed if they'd ended the films when Connery retired.

Bond didn't retread old ground, but continually moved forward in time through changes of actors, allowing him to age only to a certain point before regenerating.

Imagine if Harrison can't/won't do the next one and it's Disney that gets nasty...

seagal.jpg

:eek:

Or Disney do go back in time, but since it's a reboot they decide to shake things up...

Django-Unchained-6.jpg

1930s African-American university professor struggles against contemporary attitudes and finds relaxation by escaping out of faculty windows in search of treasure in remote parts of the globe.

Mickiana said:
OK already! :) I think we found our new Sallah. Out of the recent suggestions, I would say Hugh Jackman is a good choice. I don't think he's too old, but he would have to be less macho than what we've seen of him to retain the 'everyman' quality of Indiana Jones.

(y)

Jackman's a good all-rounder. A better actor than Harrison himself in that regard.

He's 45 now, and will probably be in his 50's by the time Indy gets rebooted. So good for a continuation rather than an adventure from the 1930s.

And that brings me back to the Bond analogy.

And another Australian.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/biSKZZXZbYE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"This never happened to the other fella."