Indy 4 TV Spots

Ska

Modified for 420p

EDIT: Links removed for 480p versions...didn't see Goodsport's links above.

Last edited:

Indy Smith

I have to say those trailer trash sound you refer to. I had never noticed those noises before because I aint sitting looking out for them. it's all mixed in with part of the experience and part of the feast for your ears. if you're nitpicking over stuff like that, gheze-oh stay away from the movie. :dead:

Chris Jones

I've been trying to figure this out. What is the song that is played at the beginning of TV Spot 8. I haven't been able to find it though. any ideas?

spiralout

CMNeir said:
I've been trying to figure this out. What is the song that is played at the beginning of TV Spot 8. I haven't been able to find it though. any ideas?

Um, The Raiders March? :p Are you sure it's TV Spot 8 you're watching?

Indy Smith

Tv Spot 8 is Dr. Jones, Dr Jones...Jonesy?!!!

The opening of this TV spot is a repeat of a few bars of the Raiders March.

If you have the original soundtrack for Raiders of The Lost Ark then listen to the End Credits track. At 4:20 you hear the little riff that is repeated for the beginning of spt 8. No doubt i am sure Paramount/Lucasfilm have access to various different recordings of this piece of music. It is ever so slightly different, but I did wonder the same thing myself. I knew it was the raiders March, but i just wondered which bit. It's mainly 4-5 seconds wroth of a riff repeated to create a small build up.

lynchpin

DaveTheHutt said:
Given what the more spoiler-hungry of us know about the film (or, at least, *think* we know about the film :) ), I think all the trailers are being surprisingly restrained.

I'm thinking the same thing. By the looks of things, there is a set list of scenes and sequences that are allowed to be shown; no more, no less. They've gotten mildly creative with editing to the general melody of the Raiders March, but some of the pacing feels very stilted where moments seem to be drawn out to fill space and sync with whatever variation of the theme they've edited.

Some of the snippets of dialogue are rather unremarkable, which makes me think they're even holding onto potentially memorable lines and not just the visuals themselves!

All that aside, an extremely well executed marketing plan that only a master vision could conspire. You always want to leave people wanting more, and in this case, we want triple servings.

Barty

Just saw a new one I think! :whip:

Starts with the same voiceover, than Mutt asking Indy, "So what's the power?" Indy says, "Kid, it's just a story" with a half smile.

The Man

Barty said:

Starts with the same voiceover, than Mutt asking Indy, "So what's the power?" Indy says, "Kid, it's just a story" with a half smile.

Excellent. We need a few more in the final stretch.

metalinvader

Barty said:

Neat.That sounds like it will be at the end of Indy's ''Mythical city" story.

Adamwankenobi

Barty said:

I see Indy's starting to hone his storytelling skills. That'll come in handy later. ;)

Hedwig

This isn't really a news, but I've seen the Finnish "TV Spot" (it doesn't last even for a minute, really short one) on channel 4 (Nelonen in Finnish). It basically shows only the scene where Indy swings his whip and lands on the Soviet truck...

spiralout

Barty said:

Yup, I just saw this one too. They were in the diner.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Saw the "Get on Gramps" / "Na los, Opa" spot on tv (Pro Sieben) today. It was quite surreal. Well, you guys know the feeling ;)

The German dubbing doesn't work for me at all. Ford's voice has changed over the years, that's for sure. But the dubbing artist's voice has developed into this immensely deep dark old-man sound which doesn't fit Indy at all anymore. It's creepy and a shame that millions of people will (have to) watch/listen to that version of Indy.

I can also imagine all those Germans sitting at home or in their theater seats, hearing that old man-voice and simply going "f***, has he gotten old.".

Last edited:

ReggieSnake

torao said:
The German dubbing doesn't work at all for me. Ford's voice has changed over the years, that's for sure. But the dubbing artist's voice has developed into this immensely deep dark old-man sound which doesn't fit Indy at all anymore. It's creepy and a shame that millions of people will (have to) watch/listen to that version of Indy.

I can also imagine all those Germans sitting at home or in their theater seats, hearing that old man-voice and simply going "f***, has he gotten old.".
That's unfortunate.(n)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Hedwig said:
This isn't really a news, but I've seen the Finnish "TV Spot" (it doesn't last even for a minute, really short one) on channel 4 (Nelonen in Finnish). It basically shows only the scene where Indy swings his whip and lands on the Soviet truck...
The one that also promotes the airing of the original trilogy?

Hedwig

VP said:
The one that also promotes the airing of the original trilogy?
No, haven't seen that one... The TV Spot that I saw was promoting some adventure trip in Marracesh (not sure of correct typing) or something...