Disney Disgust

Dr. Gonzo

double-facepalm.jpg

I don't even know what to say.

IAdventurer01

RedeemedChild said:
Nevertheless there seem to be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel with ... the current mediocre Phineas and Ferb.

:confused: I was going to outright disagree with you on the point of the description of mediocre referring to Phineas and Ferb, but you mention it's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Kinda mixed messages here.

But yes, I agree that the majority of the programs on the Disney Channel seems to be rather samey and entirely market-based rather than from creative passion. Note that I have not watched most of these programs because, well, they look terrible, but I shouldn't pass final judgment on these shows without taking the time to watch a chunk of episodes.

While we are all entitled to our own opinion ... mediocre, really? It's the best show that Disney has made in years, and one of my favorite programs on television right now (a nice departure from my usual action-adventure lineup). But, going into too much of a rant over just one show is probably slightly off topic, so I'll let it slide for now. ;)

indyclone25

ok R.A leave the kids alone. i agree disney has strayed of the beaten path and come up with some serious garbage. but so has many other stations. i for one wish mtv and vh1 would go back to playing video's and and quit playing this "real world" crap. so let's all get along and play nice:D

RedeemedChild

indyclone25 said:
ok R.A leave the kids alone. i agree disney has strayed of the beaten path and come up with some serious garbage. but so has many other stations. i for one wish mtv and vh1 would go back to playing video's and and quit playing this "real world" crap. so let's all get along and play nice:D

Yes, MTV and Vh1 are almost DEAD. Completely DEAD. Let's hope History Channel, Food Network, PBS and Discovery can stay out of this death net that Disney, MTV, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, USA, TBS and so many other networks have gotten stuck in.

XanaduEli

RedeemedChild said:
Yes, MTV and Vh1 are almost DEAD. Completely DEAD. Let's hope History Channel, Food Network, PBS and Discovery can stay out of this death net that Disney, MTV, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, USA, TBS and so many other networks have gotten stuck in.

What about CBBC? and Cbeebies? (British TV channels)

They literally have dumped all of the original shows and have replaced them with garbage.

Montana Smith

XanaduMel said:
What about CBBC? and Cbeebies? (British TV channels)

They literally have dumped all of the original shows and have replaced them with garbage.

Are the Chuckle Brothers still going? They were quite scary, almost as creepy as Ronald McDonald, a.k.a. It.

XanaduEli

Montana Smith said:
Are the Chuckle Brothers still going? They were quite scary, almost as creepy as Ronald McDonald, a.k.a. It.

They sure are, I used to love the chuckle brothers. I was always a huge fan of Brum and Come outside.

I think I can remember what Cbeebies was before it changed it's name. I am sure That CBBC and Cbeebies were the same channel at that time.

Montana Smith

XanaduMel said:
They sure are, I used to love the chuckle brothers. I was always a huge fan of Brum and Come outside.

I think I can remember what Cbeebies was before it changed it's name. I am sure That CBBC and Cbeebies were the same channel at that time.

I remember when Roland Rat took over kids'' TV on ITV, presenting from his shed on the roof! Ah, those were the days. Long summers in the company of ancient Roger Ramjet repeats, Sport Billy and Danger Mouse..

XanaduEli

Montana Smith said:
I remember when Roland Rat took over kids'' TV on ITV, presenting from his shed on the roof! Ah, those were the days. Long summers in the company of ancient Roger Ramjet repeats, Sport Billy and Danger Mouse..

I miss Danger Mouse and Roland Rat:(

Canyon

That reminds me. Anyone 'old' enough here to remember the Mickey Mouse Club? :D (I used to watch it here in the Uk when I was about eight).(y)

Back on topic though. I personally think that this made for a pretty good post. Awesome work, RedeemedChild :hat: Have you thought about posting that on a blog?

Montana Smith

XanaduMel said:
I miss Danger Mouse and Roland Rat:(

Roland was interviewed 'live' from Hollywood recently (;)) and he seems to be doing well for himself. Not sure about Kevin the Gerbil, though. (Or Gordon the Gopher, for that matter).

XanaduEli

Montana Smith said:
Roland was interviewed 'live' from Hollywood recently (;)) and he seems to be doing well for himself. Not sure about Kevin the Gerbil, though. (Or Gordon the Gopher, for that matter).

My Mother and I are good friends with Roland rat on Twitter. :rolleyes:

Canyon said:
That reminds me. Anyone 'old' enough here to remember the Mickey Mouse Club? (I used to watch it here in the Uk when I was about eight).

I used to watch repeats when I was younger. (y)

Nothing beats the good old British shows..

RedeemedChild

XanaduMel said:

CBBC and Cbeebies along with Noggin were like the best back in the good days. Now I don't know what to say for them, except pray for better days.

XanaduEli

RedeemedChild said:
CBBC and Cbeebies along with Noggin were like the best back in the good days. Now I don't know what to say for them, except pray for better days.

Oh most definitely.

The_Raiders

Not being a fan of Disney, I'm going to have to agree with RA. Disney was good back in the day, but it all sucks now. That is that.

Forbidden Eye

ResidentAlien said:
The irony is that this is a goddamn INDIANA JONES BOARD. Indiana Jones is supposed to be the mascot, not Mickey.

Ah, but Disney and Indiana Jones have a cousin-like relationship though as this demonstrates. Not only does Disney have numerous IJ representations through-out the park, but Disney was a huge influence on Lucas and Spielberg, from Carl Barks' comic books to the theme park attractions. Heck, without Disneyland, no Temple of Doom mine-cart sound-effects. So I don't see how one thread about Disney hurts anyone.

Anyways as my user-name shows, I owe a lot of my fandom of Indiana Jones(and most things) to Disney. At one point of my life, I was hugely obsessed with Disney. But for several reasons(RC somewhat taps a couple of them)I only have a passing interest for Disney now(thanks to Pixar, the theme parks, nostalgia and an occasional interesting project they have) but the more and more Disney thinks its fanbase are just little kids and "tweens" the less interest I have in the company.

RedeemedChild

XanaduMel said:
I used to watch repeats when I was younger. (y)

Nothing beats the good old British shows..

Oh, yes, nothing beats Britain! Have you the BBC's Doctor Who Series 5, Merlin and Robin Hood? Those are like best of the best when it comes to British entertainment.

Dr. Gonzo

Forbidden Eye said:
So I don't see how one thread about Disney hurts anyone.

The thing is people who frequent this board know RedeemedChild ONLY talks about Disney. No, scratch that, video games/turning video games into movies/christianity/Disney. He has started a great many threads on these subjects, the same subjects... Hell even the moderators are thinking of pulling the plug on his membership here. http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=20382

A lot of people here understand Resident Alien's frustration.

Last edited: