Harrison Ford's own stunts

Goodeknight

I know Ford is said to have done a lot of his own stunts in the Indy movies. But does anyone know which stunts in particular? I just posted in another thread that my favorite Indy stunt of all time is when he jumps from horseback onto the tank in LC. That was Vic Armstrong, right?

I know a lot of the mine action in Temple was shot with the stunt man (Armstrong again?) while Ford was out with a bad back.

So did Ford do any big stunts, or just fights and a little swinging here and there?

Stoo

goodeknight said:
Ford is said to have done a lot of his own stunts in the Indy movies
That is more fodder for the "Bullsh!t" thread!;) In 1989, in his own words, Harrison described his contributions as nothing more than "physical acting". His 'biggest' stunt (that I can think of at the moment) is the whip swing off of the warehouse crates at the beginning of "Skull". Done with a wired harness.:whip:

Yes, jumping from the horse to the tank was Vic Armstrong. Stuff in "Doom" that was shot while Ford had a bad back was, primarily, the fight with the Chief Thug guard.

What I want to know is: Who did the moving-vehicle-jump in "Skull"? Harry Baby or a stuntman?:confused:

Pale Horse

Staff member
I have it on good authority that Harry did not use someone else's ears to listen to Willie scream during Doom...

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
What I want to know is: Who did the moving-vehicle-jump in "Skull"? Harry Baby or a stuntman?:confused:

It has to be a stunt man, Harrison was 65 at the time, I don't think he could make a jump like this no matter how many hours he spent at the gym.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
I think this could be a fantastic thread for identify the stuntman/standin's for the actor's in the films. We may even differentiate the insert shots as I've always wonder if they were Harrison Ford legs in the final step to the idol!!

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
I have it on good authority that Harry did not use someone else's ears to listen to Willie scream during Doom...
LAME! (Can we expect to see some quality posts from the Mods anytime soon or is this it?) :p:whip:
Sakis said:
It has to be a stunt man, Harrison was 65 at the time, I don't think he could make a jump like this no matter how many hours he spent at the gym.
Agreed, Sakis, but who is the man?:confused:
JuniorJones said:
I think this could be a fantastic thread for identify the stuntman/standin's for the actor's in the films. We may even differentiate the insert shots as I've always wonder if they were Harrison Ford legs in the final step to the idol!!
There already is one: Harrison's Stunt Doubles

(Will it be merged? Who knows? It seems that the Mods are still on Summer vacation.:p)