Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

peterlally

Ah i see now. This is the game we have all been waiting for since IM. Its just ideal for the WII and about time Indy made his way to the WII the genre is ideal for the Platform, but what of 3rd Gen, Is a 3rd Gen Indy goiung to be as illusive as Indy IV? Lets see... After 6 months away from the forums i intend to be back. Maybe for good...

peterlally

P.S. I liked ET in it own way. Didnt get the X-Factor that LCGA and FOA produced and IM to some degree (i do have fond memories of that game)

I wanna see 1992 returning!

RONDC20

So suddenly we all like this game?.... I suppose it was bound to happen. I mean it's freaking Indiana Jones. Us Fan have always sort of been forced into this sort of thing. Sometimes our loyalties out weigh our disappointments and we feel obligated to look for something positive and redeeming about something that we should like, but somehow disappoints us. It's a strange for of denial.

Sometimes this works and other times it doesn't. It all depends on how much your willing to forgive and forget, but I do think that as mega fans sometimes we put too much pressure on something that it only ends up disappointing us. Our expectations are often times extremely high and a little skewed.

And sometimes another look at something that initially disappointed you can be redeemed in your eyes.

I had to watch Crystal Skull for the second time before I realized that I loved it. Initially I had mixed feelings about it, but now I love it.

However this is still no excuse for this game not being on PS3 or X-BOX 360, But I'll take it. I really don't have a choice.

This game is confirmed for the PS2 right? Cause I am not buying a Wii for this.

DocWhiskey

indyjones2131 said:
I'm really starting to wonder if the satchel is story related only b/c they couldn't pull it off tech. wise.

If they could pull it off in ET why not SoK?

His satchel is a bunch of textured polygons. They could pull it off.

indyjones2131

I agree Doc, but this is getting odd... Having him without his signature satchel in ONE location is one thing, but all over the globe?

I can't imagine what technical reason there would be, but it's just odd.

DocWhiskey

I remember seeing test footage of SoK (back when it was on Ps3 and 360) and he had his satchel. And it is odd that he doesn't have it now. And if it was somehow brought into the story and it was stolen etc wouldn't Indy just grab a new one? I mean in ToD his satchel was destroyed yet he still had it in RotLA, LC, and KOTCS.

*strokes beard*

Hmmmmmm...

peterlally

DocWhiskey said:
I remember seeing test footage of SoK (back when it was on Ps3 and 360) and he had his satchel. And it is odd that he doesn't have it now. And if it was somehow brought into the story and it was stolen etc wouldn't Indy just grab a new one? I mean in ToD his satchel was destroyed yet he still had it in RotLA, LC, and KOTCS.

*strokes beard*

Hmmmmmm...

Its because that bunch of textured polygons would send the game over the edge capacity wise!

indyjones2131

I posted a question regarding the satchel over on the Lucas forums. We'll see...

Again, I have to say the gameplay SOUNDS pretty great. Love the environment interaction with the fighting and the ability to choose what body part you lash the whip around.

Let's hope it has the care and polish to make us forget the graphics at least somewhat...

Morning Bell

The gameplay sounds like it's coming along nicely, although I agree that the absence of the satchel is puzzling. It just looks funny to see Indy running around without it.

EvilDevo

Jeremiah Jones said:
Is there another page to this? Cos it looks like it just peters out...

My copy came in the mail today, and yes, there's a fifth page.

and in reading said fifth page, I'd say it's pretty obvious who the familiar co-op character is.

SPOILER

"...but they've confirmed that it's someone Indy has known for a very long time; fans of the franchise can look forward to some senior moments."

So my guess is
Henry Jones Sr.

Last edited:

The_Raiders

I made another poster using the picture of Indy from the second cover.
Over all I think it came out well. I'm pleased with it, let me know what you think. :whip:

Swamps.jpg

The Tingler

He's a bit big, don't you think? :p

Can someone please put up the last page? Or the whole thing in slightly higher more-readable format?

I don't know how that co-op character would work, but sounds fun!

Last edited:

Irfaan

EvilDevo said:
My copy came in the mail today, and yes, there's a fifth page.

and in reading said fifth page, I'd say it's pretty obvious who the familiar co-op character is.

SPOILER

"...but they've confirmed that it's someone Indy has known for a very long time; fans of the franchise can look forward to some senior moments."

So my guess is
Henry Jones Sr.

That certainly sounds fun! I wonder what
Henry Jones Sr.
could do. It would be funny if
he attacks with his umbrella lol!

I'm actually feeling optomistic about this game, I'm glad I played the force unleashed recently, because that gave me my dosage of current-gen (euphoria and dmm) and now I'm not so desperate to see an Indy current gen game, because I have an idea now how that would of worked/played out like, and I doubt it would be that much different to a last gen game in terms of gameplay. I'm glad to have a console to at least play this when it releases (PSP). Can't wait!

Irfaan

The_Raiders said:
I made another poster using the picture of Indy from the second cover.
Over all I think it came out well. I'm pleased with it, let me know what you think. :whip:

It's nice, but I think you should cover the hollow body of Indy with an object of a rock or something embossed into that effect so it blends.