What inklings indicate your Indy passion?

adventure_al

Well having received no less than 6 Indy related presents it got me thinking, obviously my friends know me very well but what signs give you away as a bit of an Indy nut!?

I'll start. My pets have the following names: a house bunny (Indiana) and my budgie (Jonesy) probably a fairly obvious sign!

that and the fact even at this age I cant help rolling under a garage door if it hasn't been fully closed :eek: (y)

Indy's brother

I usually manage to bring up relavent Indy quotes, trivia, and plot devices into conversations. I try not to, it's GOT to be annoying. But sometimes my fandom gets away from me. I'd talk Indy all day if I could. Kind of how some people can't shut up about their religion or politics. :eek:

Col. Detritch

Yeah I like to make little nods to Indy elements in conversation. I don't like to make them obvious, they're more of an 'Easter egg' to be silently picked up on by the few Indy fans that comprise my circle. One of the more obvious ones being after the release of KotCS, a friend of mine and I thought repeating "I vont to know!" as a reaction in conversations was hilarious - and we still do it from time to time. We use it kinda like an internet meme, so if someone is holding out on something or something like that we'll just get really intense and both say "I vont to know!" a few times. lol I'm starting to see how nerdy I must seem to everyone I know.

That and when I found out my best friend had never seen any of the Indy movies, I was so appalled I had never learned this about my closest buddy that I hounded him to watch each one with me ASAP. I mean I always show him loads of movies but when it came to these movies, s*it got real. :p

:hat:

Indy's brother

Lately I've been working in the quote (with a pitch-perfect imitation) of Chatter Lal's "You see Captain Blumberg, a rock." whenever someone makes a reference to a rock. I'm actually kind of amazed and amused by how often I get to roll it out. Average about once a week. Of course I'm at the age where I really don't care if anyone gets my jokes, I just do this sort of thing to entertain myself.

HJTHX1138

I's actually kind of an odd one, but I tend to "half-smile" or smile with just one side of my mouth, a few people have told me it's a Harrison Ford thing and that I look like him when I do it and it's not intentional at all.

I have this wide brimmed cowboy hat, it's unofficially called the Indy hat. whenever I wear it, somebody calls me Indiana at least once as a joke.

Ark of The Covenant jokes, love 'em!

Whenever a friend tries to tell me a really boring story and I'm wearing a hat, I tip my hat over my eyes and say "Wake me when we get there.".

. . . and I always try to make automatic doors at the last second

The Drifter

Wasting my time on this forum is one major red flag of my Indy nerdom. :D
Anyway, I'm not a huge collector. I have both Indy box-sets, the books, some legos (my son's), and a few other things.

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
My bookshelf of my Indy books and comics collection. And another shelf with two Indy board games. Outside of home, not a lot of tellings signs. Sometimes when I go to cons, I wear my Mickey Indy pins. Also the fact that I flick through rows of vintage comics looking for Young Indy comics at comic stalls. Ironically you'd probably sooner pick up on my general interest in comics or even Sailor Moon.

IAdventurer01

Well, I now wear the hat everywhere and I use the Mark VII Bag to carry my laptop, so it's fairly obvious.

Other than that, people note an eagerness to embark on "adventures" and references dropped in conversations are giveaways as well.

Which isn't so bad, because other fans have called me out before when they had suspicions. My favorite instance of this is when in a group meeting the leader (being belittled for not having remembered something he wrote down) exclaimed, "I wrote it down so I wouldn't have to remember!" Of course, I flipped out (it went over everyone else's heads) and he turned to me smiling and said. "Aha! I knew you'd get that!" We then geeked-out after the meeting. :D

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
I wear my cruciform sword pin on the lapel of my brown carhardt and on the swatch tied to the zipper of my leather jacket.

I don't have one of those pins, Brother Rocket.

I told all potential customers that the IMCO Triplex 6700 was Marion's choice of lighter. I'm sure they got the inkling I was an Indy fan.

Sold all my spares. (Bar one ;) )

Montana Smith said:
I don't have one of those pins, Brother Rocket.

I told all potential customers that the IMCO Triplex 6700 was Marion's choice of lighter. I'm sure they got the inkling I was an Indy fan.

Sold all my spares. (Bar one ;) )

Yes I owe you one, but if you go to the facebook page you'll see there's an opportunity to for another exclusive...and I'd prefer to combine shipping!:hat:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Yes I owe you one, but if you go to the facebook page you'll see there's an opportunity to for another exclusive...and I'd prefer to combine shipping!:hat:

I'm not going to be painting my Willie!

Henry W Jones

Montana Smith said:
What inklings indicate this chap's Indy passion?

What set did that "Willie" come with? Did it take long to "erect" this figure? ;) Looks like it's "hard" to put together! :D

As for my Indy habits....They remain at home other than buying stuff thats Indy related and spouting off a line here and there when applicable. You could also look at my phone and figure out I'm a fan. I actually avoid talking SW and Indy altogether when possible because its annoying to others that don't have a real interest in it. Actually my girl and I went to a friends for dinner last month and they were doing a marathon of Indy on Sy-Fy and they were watching when we arrived. I looked at my girl and said......"Had to be watching Indiana Jones... I hate that guy!!!!" My girl looked at me with the "Yeah, right" look. But the new boyfriend of our friend got offended... "What!!!!! Your not down with Indy!!!!!" I laughed, showed him my phone with the Indy screen saver, had him push a button on the desktop that says "The Raven", and asked him of he wanted to watch any of the films on a 4" screen. He is the first person I have had a one on one, in depth conversation about Indy in a long time. But I'm tend to be a at home fan more than anything. That's why I love this place!!!! I can talk about Indy all day here and someone else wants to talk about him too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Montana Smith said:
What inklings indicate this chap's Indy passion? EDIT: Maybe not appropriate, then!
Didn't you write it before? Brain surgery with boxing gloves?

Like some of you, I'll throw a quote out in an imitation from great (attempt) to not even trying.

Indy Scout 117

Indy's brother said:
I usually manage to bring up relavent Indy quotes, trivia, and plot devices into conversations. I try not to, it's GOT to be annoying. But sometimes my fandom gets away from me. I'd talk Indy all day if I could. Kind of how some people can't shut up about their religion or politics. :eek:
hahahahaha its ok i do the exact same!!!!! (y)