KotCS James Rollins novelization

walker

Hi all
Just did an updated search on Amazon to see what new info might be listed for upcoming Indy literature. Some pretty cool stuff. I'll save the best until last.

The Complete Making of Indiana Jones
By J.W. Rinzler and Laurent Bouzereau
Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Del Rey (May 20, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0345501292

Indiana Jones Heroes and Villains Sticker Book
Reading level: Ages 9-12
Paperback: 16 pages
Publisher: DK CHILDREN (March 31, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0756634997

Indiana Jones Golden Treasure Sticker Book
ISBN-10: 0756634989

AND THE REALLY COOL ITEM:

Indiana Jones IV Movie Tie-in
By James Rollins
Audio CD
Publisher: RH Audio; Unabridged edition (May 20, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0739358987

The version listed is an audio book, but the actual book is already listed on the Amazon UK site. Here are the details:

Indiana Jones IV Movie Tie-In (Hardcover)
by James Rollins (Author)
Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Del Rey Books (20 May 2008)
Language English
ISBN-10: 0345501284

It was a no-brainer that they were going to do a movie tie-in. So why is this such a big deal? Two reasons: James Rollins is the real deal - a bestselling author who writes excellent books that are very much in the Indiana Jones vein. Rollins is a great choice - it's almost like hiring Clive Cussler. I'm amazed Lucasfilm is shelling out the bucks to get him on board. The second reason is that this tie-in is a HARDCOVER! No mass market paperback for this film. Great news.

Looks like they're pulling out all the stops to ensure that the merchandising for Indy 4 is bigger and better than it has been for the previous films. Good times ahead....

walker

walker

Just heard back from the author

I contacted James Rollins through his web site to confirm everything posted on Amazon. Here is his response (which, quite honestly, I wasn't expecting to get):

Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 11:28 PM
To: Sexton, Phil
Subject: Re: No Subject

Yep, I'm doing the Indiana Jones tie-in novelization. It's been fun to write. I've loved the movies (as you might suspect from my novels). So to be able to write internal monologue and go intimately on this journey with Indy is a blast.

Jim

Ohio Jones

Wow, so the tie-in will be hardcover? Nice.

I'd love to see a 'Visual guide' ala 'Star Wars' at some point too, but 'The complete making of Indiana Jones' should be neat. I can't enough of that kind of stuff.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Rollins sounds like a real pro! He probably has the inside track to the script and script changes. I hope he incorporates not just the soon-to-be deleted scenes Lucas will never show us, but all the other tangents considered for the story.

Indy's Fist

I'm surprised they keep making book tie-ins of movies. Same with comic adaptations. I mean back in then 70's 7 80's we had to wait years to see the movies again. Nowdays though we get a fully loaded DVD withing just a few months of the actual film's release.

fortuneandglory

walker said:
Hi all
Just did an updated search on Amazon to see what new info might be listed for upcoming Indy literature. Some pretty cool stuff. I'll save the best until last.

Indiana Jones Heroes and Villains Sticker Book
ISBN-10: 0756634997

Indiana Jones Golden Treasure Sticker Book
ISBN-10: 0756634989

AND THE REALLY COOL ITEM:

Indiana Jones IV Movie Tie-in
By James Rollins
Audio CD
Publisher: RH Audio; Unabridged edition (May 20, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0739358987

The version listed is an audio book, but the actual book is already listed on the Amazon UK site. Here are the details:

Language English

It was a no-brainer that they were going to do a movie tie-in. So why is this such a big deal? Two reasons: James Rollins is the real deal - a bestselling author who writes excellent books that are very much in the Indiana Jones vein. Rollins is a great choice - it's almost like hiring Clive Cussler. I'm amazed Lucasfilm is shelling out the bucks to get him on board. The second reason is that this tie-in is a HARDCOVER! No mass market paperback for this film. Great news.

Looks like they're pulling out all the stops to ensure that the merchandising for Indy 4 is bigger and better than it has been for the previous films. Good times ahead....

walker

Wow, sounds good! Looks like a new age of Indy!

My Christmas next year is going to be ALL Indy stuff...

Michael24

walker said:

I'm assuming this will cover the entire series? I know Rinzler's STAR WARS books are being done installments (still need to pick up the NEW HOPE one that's now out) and figured the same would be done for the Indy movies.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
My 20th next year is going to be pretty awesome... Indy stuff and the Olympics in Beijing all on the same day! I better have dinner at the Lost City to make my night complete.

Ska

James Rollins!!!

Sorry, I'm about a month late in replying in this thread. But after I read that James Rollins is doing the novelizations I had to post.

He, by far, is my favorite author. I picked up Excavation at a used book store a few years ago, and I've been hooked ever since.

His line about being able to tell he's an Indy fan put a smile on my face. For most of his books, you could easily see Indy in the locations...especially in Excavation and Sandstorm, which are more archeologically-related.

...although I agree that Matthew Reilly would have been great also...Temple and 7 Deadly Wonders are great reads. I based my fan film off of Temple... www.skabatula.150m.com.

Canyon

Hey, it looks as if some of the covers have started to come up on Amazon.com/uk :D

516q43jcmAL._SS500_.jpg

51YznwPfnUL._SS500_.jpg

51nCZ3i10DL._SS500_.jpg

Happy DR:D :D LING girls! (y)

metalinvader

fatima said:
Impressive books!!!! but will they be available only at Amazon, or can we get them on the shops?

All of the new books should be at bookshops within the next 4-5 months!(y)

DoomsdayFAN

walker said:
Hi all

Language English

walker

I will be buying both of these. The movie tie in novel Hardcover... will probably sell at B&N for $39.99 (n)

And the complete making will probably sell for $35.99 (n)

Oh well, its only Money.