Indiana Jones Adventures Volume 1

Indy fan 235

You know, I was watching an episode of Young Indy on the History Channel last night (I still need the DVDs) and I was thinking how I miss the Raiders march, and how, while I like the history angle, I would liked to have seen more things from Indy's past, like meeting Sallah and falling in love with Marion and all sorts of cool stuff.

Hopefully these Indy Adventure books will do something like that.

Still, I'd love to see an issue where he is with Short Round!

Stoo

Dr.Sartorius said:
INDIANA JONES ADVENTURES VOLUME 1
Phillip Gelatt (W), Ethaen Beavers (A), and Ronda Pattison (C)
On sale July 23
FC, 80 pages
$6.95
TPB, 6" x 9"
The French version (France, Belgium, Switzerland & Canada) will be published by Editions Delcourt with a price of 6.95?.

DocWhiskey

RONDC20 said:
Have any of you seen the Heritage card sketches? thoes designs would be prefect for an animated series.

I agree. It's the year 2008 and we've never gotten an Indy animated series. That's a crime.

yodazone

A 3-page preview of the new "Indiana Jones Adventures" book is out:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=15-020

ijadv1p1.jpg

ijadv1p2.jpg

ijadv1p3.jpg

:whip:

Snakes

Woah, that looks awesome! I'm glad they're using Forrestal too, I really want to read the rest of this comic!

Stoo

A story with Forrestal? Oh, man, this is going to be goooood!!! (even though Forrestal is spelled incorrectly.)
Gotta love that line, "at least not 'til this storm lets up." Straight out of Mystery of the Blues!:whip:
I'm not crazy about the artwork but am looking forward to the story.

Again, yodazone, THANKS so much for these previews!:hat:

Little Indy

WHOOOAAA Did I just read that right? Forrestal!!?? Awesome, This is going to be so cool. I have always wanted a story with Forrestal. Amazing, I can't wait.

yodazone

Little Indy said:
WHOOOAAA Did I just read that right? Forrestal!!?? Awesome, This is going to be so cool. I have always wanted a story with Forrestal. Amazing, I can't wait.

Rob Williams (new Indy comics writer) over at the Dark Horse forums said that the "Forrestall" character also has a mention in the "Tomb of the Gods" series too!

The new Indy comic line sounds like it's going to deliver big time to Indy fans!

(y)

Dr.Sartorius

Is the release date June 18 (stated on the DH site as the publishing date)? The Diamond comics website doesn't mention Indiana Jones Adventures as being in comic shops on June 11th. Its also not mentioned as a June 18th upcoming release.

yodazone

The Dark Horse site isn't totally reliable when it comes to their listed dates. Sometimes they're 4 months off on some titles too...agh!

Next Monday's Diamond lists should tell for sure if the comic will come in on the 18th or the following week.

But the posted 3-page art preview is a good sign that it will at least be released within the month......hopefully with the "Tomb of the Gods" issue #1 shipped quickly after!

(y) (y) (y)

Last edited:

|ZiR|

Okay, I'm getting excited after seeing that 3 page preview.

Not crazy about the art style but it's not bad by any means (kinda reminds me of Hellboy) and it's certainly leaps and bounds ahead of that first bit of artwork we saw. Notice that they still haven't got Harrison's eye color right, though brown is better than blue.

The story has much potential. I am officially hyped! (y)

lightsyder

hmm, this books isn't on diamonds release list for the week. Guess I'll have to run to the comic shop to see if it is there...

JimmyPSHayes

lightsyder said:
hmm, this books isn't on diamonds release list for the week. Guess I'll have to run to the comic shop to see if it is there...
I forgot to post-it did NOT ship this week.(I'm the manager of a comic store)

Dust McAlan

It's really frustrating when:

(A) The original release date of the comic is September.

(B) The release date gets changed to June 18th.

(C) Newsarama releases an interview which confirms a release of June 18th.

(D) Diamond Comics has no release info for June 18th.

(E) I told my son he'd have the comic when he got home from school today.

Diamond Comics hasn't been very reliable at all recently, claiming release info on some comics that don't get released until the next week or so. That happened to me with Hellboy: Darkness Calls. Diamond had info for a May release, but it didn't ship until June, and the week it DID ship, Diamond had no release info.

We'll just have to see.