Area 51 or Hangar 51?

RaideroftheArk

Nurhachi1991 said:
Ok as far as the interrogation the Fbi agent says " You aided and embeded kbg agents to break into a top secret military installation in the middle of the united states" He gave no indication where it was alot of bases were top secret in the 1950s and still are today.

all Indy said was " Oh you mean that Airforce fisaco in 47" Than he explains he was thrown into a bus with blacked out windows with 20 people he was not allowed to speak to and shown wreckage of mutilated remains and none of them were ever given the full picture and charged with treason if they ever spoke about it again.

Still no indication it was area 51.

If anything, I think it is just suppose to be implied...like, "Whoa...by 51 on the doors, could this be area 51?...I don't know, the Government Agents are being very vague with what they say about the military sight."

I don't know though...Aliens, Government Secrets, Middle of the Desert, big 51 painted on the doors...I'm gonna settle on that they are trying to tell us something.

Nurhachi1991

Meh I still do not think it was Area 51. I think the numbers were painted on the door just as a referance to Area 51 kind of like the drag race was a referance to American Graffiti and 1950s culture.

RaideroftheArk

Either way...like I said, all the elements are there it's very easy to say that they might have been drawing in on the conclusion that it was area 51. Of course, you as the viewer are allowed to draw whatever conclusions you see fit, but personally, I think GL and SS were saying that it was Area 51.

Just one more of the popular 1950's elements.

bennihana123

Ugh. Hanger 51 = Area 51.

"That Air Force Fiasco in '47" The Roswell, NM alien crash supposedly happened in '47. The Hangar is called HANGAR 51. Area 51 is called AREA 51. 51. The Alien box says "Roswell, NM"

IT'S AREA 51

RaideroftheArk

bennihana123 said:

"That Air Force Fiasco in '47" The Roswell, NM alien crash supposedly happened in '47. The Hangar is called HANGAR 51. Area 51 is called AREA 51. 51. The Alien box says "Roswell, NM"

IT'S AREA 51

Wow...Ok...it's Area 51, lol. :hat:

Nurhachi1991

bennihana123 said:

IT'S AREA 51

NO IT WAS NOT!!!!!!!!!!! The Remains were taken to HANGER 18 at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

see I can shout to.

The box did say Roswell New Mexico but like I said it would not be immeditly shipped to Area 51.

RaideroftheArk

Nurhachi1991 said:
NO IT WAS NOT!!!!!!!!!!! The Remains were taken to HANGER 18 at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

see I can shout to.

Yeah, wasn't it the Spacecraft remains were taken to Hanger 18? I thought the bodies stayed at Area 15?

and...honestly, as stated before...all arrows point to Area 51 mythology within this movie.

eroc

Come on people. Of course it's Area 51. Roswell, alien crash in '47, Nevada? Area 51 borders the Nevada Test Site. It's not that difficult. The reason that the Hanger is called "51" is because it is the first time that theme is introduced. It visually prepares the viewer. We already know we are at a military base in Nevada, in 1957. Then we see 51.

Plus, what do we really know about Area 51? A restricted area in Nevada that no planes can fly over or people can access by land? Secretive military base? Test site for experimental aircraft? Somewhat near possible location of UFO crash? Warehouses? Underground shelters?
Guarded secrets!!!! Perfect Indiana Jones fodder!!!!!!!!!

Oh before you say, "how did the Russians get in so easy," let me answer. The grounds were evacuated and it was not as well guarded in '57 because no one knew about. Information traveled much much slower back then, like 20 years slower.

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

I live in Nevada! Lol sorry I had to say that

I still do not think it is Area 51 it did not mention Groom Lake or anything so it could of been any military storage warehouse.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:

I still do not think it is Area 51 it did not mention Groom Lake or anything so it could of been any military storage warehouse.

It <I>could</I> have been, sure, but after all the trouble they went to to suggest that it's related to the Roswell incident and Area 51? Just doesn't make sense. If they didn't want the suggestion, they wouldn't have done it that way, and it would have been really bad form to explicitly say, "well, this is Area 51, the place where the government keeps its alien secrets and that you've always heard about on the X-Files and junk."

eroc

Nurhachi1991 said:

Do they have to spell it out for you? No offense Nurhachi, we just celebrated your birthday and I loved the cake, and the alcy abuse, but you are not that dense. Just let your mind take it all in. Why do they have to mention Groom Lake? Accept it for what it is.

Behind Hanger 51 you could see buildings, an airstrip, and other warehouses. So it seems like more than a military u-haul storage locker.

Nurhachi1991

eroc said:
Do they have to spell it out for you? No offense Nurhachi, we just celebrated your birthday and I loved the cake, and the alcy abuse, but you are not that dense. Just let your mind take it all in. Why do they have to mention Groom Lake? Accept it for what it is.

Behind Hanger 51 you could see buildings, an airstrip, and other warehouses. So it seems like more than a military u-haul storage locker.

Dude its an internet message board I don't take offense you could flat out call me an idiot and I wouldnt care were all friends here :D

I still do not think it was Area 51 and most of the people I know agreed with me but it just seemed to small I did see the air strip and other facilitys but the one thing that gets me is if it was Area 51 and they had mummified remains of an Alien corpse........ Why the hell would they leave it lying around a warehouse??? It would be like 500 feet in an underground lab being examined by Top Men (pun intended) Same with the Ark why the hell would you leave the Ark of the Covanent in a Military warehouse......... Thats why I think it was merley a warehouse full of items that were seized by the government and they remain there untill they can be examined.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
=Same with the Ark why the hell would you leave the Ark of the Covanent in a Military warehouse......... Thats why I think it was merley a warehouse full of items that were seized by the government and they remain there untill they can be examined.

I mean, we know that's what the U.S. government did do with the Ark in the Indy universe. Why should the alien remains be treated any differently? If you don't pay them any special attention, then enemy agents wouldn't either, I suppose is some of the thought process.

Nurhachi1991

Attila the Professor said:
I mean, we know that's what the U.S. government did do with the Ark in the Indy universe. Why should the alien remains be treated any differently? If you don't pay them any special attention, then enemy agents wouldn't either, I suppose is some of the thought process.

True but the Ark was another story the only people that did witness it's power and live to tell the tale were Indy and Marion and they had their eyes shut so they did not even see what it did. So why would the government believe them? They could of thought they were both nuts and took the Ark away just for the hell of it there are many copies of it maybe the government thought it was a fake put it in a box and thats the end of it.

The Alien remains were different You think the Gov. would want to know everything they could about the saucer men from mars!

TheMutt92

Its Area 51. I mean, Area 51/Hangar 51 seems pretty interchangable. Like w/ the alien's being 'interdimensional beings', Spielberg probably didn't want to upplay the sci-fi aspect and just decided to find an alternative prefix.

Kooshmeister

Throwing my two cents in here, but if the base isn't called Area 51, but the warehouse is called Hangar 51, then this means it's the fifty-first hangar at that particular base, meaning there's fifty other warehouses there.

But that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

So to my thinking, it is in fact Area 51, and the warehouse is called Hangar 51 because one, it's a hangar, and two, it's in Area 51. Ergo, Hangar 51 at Area 51.

eroc

Nurhachi1991 said:
the one thing that gets me is if it was Area 51 and they had mummified remains of an Alien corpse........ Why the hell would they leave it lying around a warehouse??? It would be like 500 feet in an underground lab being examined by Top Men (pun intended) Same with the Ark why the hell would you leave the Ark of the Covanent in a Military warehouse......... Thats why I think it was merley a warehouse full of items that were seized by the government and they remain there untill they can be examined.

Well once they are done "studying it" they had to store it somewhere. Along with all of the other top secrets that the government doesn't know how to use.

RaideroftheArk

My thoughts exactly...

Still...Aliens, Nevada, Air Base, big 5 1 painted on the doors....sounds kind of familiar...putting it all together...and... :hat:

James

Nurhachi1991 said:
It would be like 500 feet in an underground lab

I think you may be trying to apply too much logic from other movies here. For all intents and purposes, Hangar 51 is what constitutes Area 51 in Indy's universe.

Spielberg has said he added the giant "51" so that audiences would know, "Okay, we're dealing with Area 51 here."

Lucas also cited Area 51 in interviews, when giving away clues as to what people could expect to see in the film.

Nurhachi1991

Ok if anyone here has an Rpg Indy figure in the package Handy read the back of it. It says something like " Having escaped Hanger 51"

Hanger not Area.