Introducing Jones!

Dayne

In all the previous Indy films, they've introduced Indiana in mysterious, almost omimous ways. Such as in Raiders, you never see Indy's face or hear him talk until he disarms and sends the dude about to shoot him screaming into the jungle. And even in Last Crusade; you don't even realize that the kid is Indy until after you realize that the guy who looks like Indy and at the same time is digging up the cross isn't Indy...

So, any creative ideas about how they could introduce Indy in the new one? Personally, I hope they don't try and make it comical by having it to do with his age or something stupid like that...

Avilos

That is my guess as well. We may see Indy from the back as part of that group of characters before that. But he will be unidentifiable.

Dayne

Yeah I would bet on that as well. That is an awesome intro. but it's already been scene in the trailer, albiet in a shorter, more choppy version... oh well ;)

GlasgowChivas

effin said:
I think it's when he picks up his hat in the trailer

Ray Winstone confimrs in Total Film that that shot - the walk, the pick up of the hat and the shadow - utilises no CGI.

He then states that Indy turns to the camera and we close in for a massive close-up as Indy says......

"Russians...."

bonoferox

Same here. Looks like he's alone with Mac and the Russians in that scene, which would play well into the supposed correct synopsis that ends in "Doomtown".

Either way, the second we see him, you're assured a fair amount of applause in the theater.