Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Perhilion said:
There's some interesting information on this wallpaper:
Indy_StaffOfKings_Panama-4_1024x-1.jpg

First of all, what's on the pillar? It seems to be that jade sphere mentioned in the story walkthrough video. So how is it projecting these notes on the wall?
The notes mention guardians of the staff and four "shepherds" which seem to be needed to find the staff. There's also coordinates on the bottom right. Anyone know what location it is? There's also mention of a cistern on the top left, a "trek of thousands of miles" on the top right, and something that looks like the headpiece to the staff of ra on the right. Very interesting...

Is that the Death Star bottom left? Lol.

The Tingler

Rocket Surgeon said:
Find Archie?

That's one of the missions...what could the sphere be projecting, (whos notes) if it says find Archie? A competitor? Colleague?

Archie Tan, Indy's friend in San Francisco. See the Facebook video!

These are Indy's notes I believe.

The Tingler said:
Archie Tan, Indy's friend in San Francisco. See the Facebook video!

These are Indy's notes I believe.

I'm way ahead of ya! The question regards the jade sphere and it's function. From the picture, (and without ANY background on it) it's not projecting some ancient text...the journal entries and name archie bring the the "projection" into the 30's. What is the purpose of the sphere, how did it get the notes,(are they UNDER the sphere and the light source is the stand? Is the sphere just a big green lens/amplifier?)

You're probably right about them being Indy's notes...

DocWhiskey

indyjones2131 said:
Also, I'm afraid that the combat looks so repetitive, with just a few moves. Hopefully it's paced well.

It looks like it has more moves than ET and I still find the combat enjoyable in that game even though it can get repetitive.

Morning Bell said:
The lady in the wallpaper looks like she's holding Indy's satchel. Is she possibly a traitor or double agent? Makes me wonder.

She also has a camera. In a game developer interview it's revealed the Indy girl is an Irish photo journalist.They gave here name too but I forgot it. It's was posted a page or so back.

indyjones2131

Doc, true, of course you also had several different guns to pull out as well AND a machete. I still have high hopes for this game and REALLY hope they pace out the action set pieces in such a way that just when you might get close to being tired of fist fighting, you're shooting or swinging or solving puzzles or exploring.

Irfaan

I really want to see some PSP gameplay. (and the satchel in action, since he seems to somehow have it.)

I wonder if Han Solo makes it across all platforms as well, not that I'm bothered much about him.

Well on the bright side, at least the game is less than a month away. I'm still planning to buy the PSP version, play and upload the first Young Indy level for all you guys to see (and as soon as that level is over, stop), then buy the novel adaptation and read that instead, then finish the rest of the game.

I'm crazy...I know :(

DocWhiskey

indyjones2131 said:
Doc, true, of course you also had several different guns to pull out as well AND a machete. I still have high hopes for this game and REALLY hope they pace out the action set pieces in such a way that just when you might get close to being tired of fist fighting, you're shooting or swinging or solving puzzles or exploring.

Completely agree (y)

RaidersoftheArk

I think Staff of kings is more platform puzzel in comparison with ET. Also the story will be much better, i mean come on in the videos you can see directly references to the movies what ET missed execpt that Indy could put on his hat when it fell off..:hat: I only think it is a bummer that you cannot pull out the gun:gun: As shown in the movies,these will be seperatly parts within the game..(n)

The Tingler

DocWhiskey said:
She also has a camera. In a game developer interview it's revealed the Indy girl is an Irish photo journalist.They gave here name too but I forgot it. It's was posted a page or so back.

Maggie O'Malley. It was rumoured ages ago.

Perhilion

Am I correct in thinking that the PSP version will be just a bunch of mini games and not the actual story? 'Cause that's what "burst gameplay" sounds like to me:(