NEW TOD figure at disney Parks

Montana Smith

Dr. Gonzo said:
The guy on the packaging as Indy is not Harrison Ford?

And neither is the figure inside the packaging!

review_disneytod_4.jpg

review_disneytod_1.jpg

Here's Michael Crawford's review:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_052311b.htm

tnswman

Yea, that's Harrison on the package, just weird coloring. It's a common TOD pose that we have seen many times.

I love the Disney figures and have very low expectations regarding likeness. The accessories are what makes these figures.

maybe in a few years, my dreams will come true and we will get a KOTCS Indy...Yes, I'm serious!

The Drifter

That is not Harrison on the packaging, IMO. The guy on the packaging has no five o'clock shadow, no cuts on the eyebrow or cheek, and his facial features are all wrong.
I will gladly admit my mistake if tnswman posts a better picture for us and proves me wrong.

Was this the shot they tried to mimic?

t94.jpg

Crack that whip

No, not that one; it's the same shot used on the movie's advance 1-sheet. It is indeed a photo of Harrison, it just looks funky there.

indyclone25

i picked up my figure of temple of doom indy back in june of this year , i never mentioned it cause it was mentioned i think on another thread of stuff coming to disney , like the mickey mouse as indy bank figure and goofy as sallah figure . things to look for this winter if they aren't already out at the parks . here a link to one of the threads http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=21552

Billy Ray

Man, I don't know...I really, really liked the first one, but this one just doesn't measure up IMO. The paint apps look pretty bad and the figure overall just looks cobbled together. Dissapointing, I was really looking forward to this one. If I was at the park, I would most likely still pick one up, but it just doesn't look as nice as the first one did to me.

tnswman

There ya go Billy Ray! Support new products. The disney line has always been our saving grace for new products. I may be the only one that loves the 5" line and I love this figure. For what it is, a NEW and official Indiana Jones figure that is on the shelves. As a life long action figure collector, I just don't have high expectations for mass produced figures. Just enjoy them for what they are :)

Dokta_Joenz

I saw this figure the other day when I was at Disney. I guess it's decent but I just couldn't bring myself to get one, I don't know it just looks really disproportionate to me for some reason. Maybe next time I'll grab one.

If they were still selling the first 7" though I probably would have gotten it, that one looks alot better to me for some reason.

Billy Ray

tnswman said:
There ya go Billy Ray! Support new products. The disney line has always been our saving grace for new products. I may be the only one that loves the 5" line and I love this figure. For what it is, a NEW and official Indiana Jones figure that is on the shelves. As a life long action figure collector, I just don't have high expectations for mass produced figures. Just enjoy them for what they are :)

I still love that 5" Disney line too. They aren't as nice as Hasbro's, but, other than vintage Kennner, they were all there were for a long time.

Lance Quazar

Hey don't buy something if it sucks. This figure looks friggin' terrible.

Which is too bad, since the original Disney Indy was actually pretty good.

But, man, I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot mouse pole.

Given Disney's desire to have some merch on hand at the Indy ride (no matter how compromised), I was disappointed they never made some kind of deal with Hasbro. Seems like a good opportunity to crank out more of the SDCC wave.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Hey don't buy something if it sucks. This figure looks friggin' terrible.

I suppose these figures are marketed more towards the children who go on the rides, but buying it will only discourage Disney from investing more time and effort into future figures.

Lance Quazar said:
Given Disney's desire to have some merch on hand at the Indy ride (no matter how compromised), I was disappointed they never made some kind of deal with Hasbro. Seems like a good opportunity to crank out more of the SDCC wave.

That's an excellent suggestion, and a big head-screatcher as to why they never got together. By now we could have had a huge range of 3 3/4" figures.

It's the stuff dreams are made of! :)

Billy Ray

Definitely weird, especially since they teamed up with Hasbro for all the Star Tours figures, which are exclusive to Disney and have several unique sculpts in the line.

I think I remember Gentle Giant having something to do with the first 7" figure, though I could be wrong. I thought that figure was pretty well done. It had some strange articulation, but over all was pretty nice. This one looks like either a cheap knock off or a poorly done custom.