Real LC?

dameain

Did you know that Hitler was, supposedly looking for the Holy Grail. Unlike in LC, In 1945? he supposedly sent am high ranking German named Hesse to a St. Rophels(Spelling)? chapel in scotland to search for the Grail.
I saw this somewhere on the net, and I will try to get a link to it so you can see it yourselves, I think it was "about.com" / Paranormal.

bob

I really doubt that Hitler ever went after the Grail, even he wasnt that mad....

Also Hess crahsed in Scotland in 1941 (is that what you are refering to?) there were a lot of dodgy rumours about that but it was not to go after the Grail...

dameain

Yes that is what i was refering to. there are some many rumors it is extremly hard to distiguise fact from fiction with this kind of artifact.

00Kevin

Indyfan
dameain said:
Did you know that Hitler was, supposedly looking for the Holy Grail. Unlike in LC, In 1945? he supposedly sent am high ranking German named Hesse to a St. Rophels(Spelling)? chapel in scotland to search for the Grail.

hmmmm, strange, that sounds ALOT like:

Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny

Dark Horse comic, 1995

in 1945, as a last ditch effort, hitler sends men to England + Ireland (with a pitstop in wales too :D) to try to find the "Spear of Destiny"

hmmmmm, wonder if this was based off what you said about the grail

dameain

It possably could be, I am niot surem but if you go under yahoo, and search Nazis or Hilter or Hess + and the Holy Grail you should find something. There is also metion of a german archaeologist Otto Rahaman(spelling?) that died supposedly looking for the grail.

bob

I really would not believe everything you read on the internet, look up some credible main stream historical information before you start believing these fantastical myths with no proof....

Randy_Flagg

There was a show on the History Channel a while back, and it focused on Hitler's obsession with such things. According to the university professors and historians on the show, Hitler did indeed seek the Holy Grail and The Spear of Destiny (among other things.) He also told his followers that they were descendants of Atlantians, and thus, a vastly superior race.

It's a known fact that he was very much into the occult, and was equally into art. It makes sense that he would seek such relics.

(there was no mention of The Ark of The Convenant, though.)

[Edited by Randy_Flagg on 05-30-2003 at 11:56 am]

VALIS

Hitler was obsessed with the occult, and one of the first things he had done when he came to power was send a massive delegation to Tibet for reasons yet unknown. He also had a number of teams seeking Atlantis, as well as any holy or mystical object he could think of, although the only one he managed to secure was the Spear of Saint Longinus (also known as the Spear of Saint Moritz).

otto rahn

Opinions are divided on Hitler's supposed "obsession" with the occult. Some sources quote it as "fact" others are more sceptical and attribute Nazi interest in the occult more to people such as Himmler.

VALIS said:
Hitler was obsessed with the occult, and one of the first things he had done when he came to power was send a massive delegation to Tibet for reasons yet unknown. He also had a number of teams seeking Atlantis, as well as any holy or mystical object he could think of, although the only one he managed to secure was the Spear of Saint Longinus (also known as the Spear of Saint Moritz).
The expeditions to Tibet were actually Himmler's idea. Try "Himmler's Crusade" by Christopher Hale for information on those expeditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

WilliamBoyd8

Adolf Hitler was a fan of Wagner's Operas, one of which features the Holy Grail.

He wanted to write his own opera.

:)

Montana Smith

otto rahn said:
Opinions are divided on Hitler's supposed "obsession" with the occult. Some sources quote it as "fact" others are more sceptical and attribute Nazi interest in the occult more to people such as Himmler.

Yes, in no serious historical book referring to Hitler have I found any evidence that Hitler had an interest in the occult apart from astrology.

Himmler was the one who promoted those investigations. He was caught up in the myths of Thule and finding a lost Aryan history in Tibet. He also, apparently claimed he was the reincarnation of Heinrich I.

otto rahn said:
The expeditions to Tibet were actually Himmler's idea. Try "Himmler's Crusade" by Christopher Hale for information on those expeditions.

That's a good book. I think it was in Shirer's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich where I read there were Asians (possibly Tibetans) seen in Berlin in 1945.

Last edited: