Adventurebilt Beaver CS Experience

Glenville86

No pictures at this time as I am moving and everything is packed until the week of July 11th.

Got my Beaver AB with a CS bash in today. The box looked damaged and when I opened it, I freaked as the fedora was about 2-inches tall and folded over to one side. After throwing a temper tantrum as the wife was not home and thinking how much money I had in the fedora, I resigned myself to trying to get it back in some presentable manner.

I wet it down (not soaked) and went about creating the bash as it had no memory of the one Steve put in (must have been squished on the whole trip over from the States). What surprised me was it was not as difficult as expected considering how it looked from the box. It kept wanting to revert to the way off center bash it had from being squashed. Anyway, it all finally came together after awhile and now looks fine. Only thing off is the felt has a few small places on the top of the crown where it was rubbed that do not match the rest of the felt.

What surprised me was in comparison to my other beaver ones from AdVintage and Northwest is how floppy the brim is. I figured it would be stiffer like the others. The beaver used is soft and very nice.

So - success. The fedora was not the bust I thought when first viewed and should only look better with time. It already has a head-start on having the worn and used look. I think Steve should pack them better as this was the first one from the many I have that got damaged and the packaging was not on par with my others.

Impressions of the Adventurebilt: Nice fedora and very good materials. Value for the money is where I am not so sure. On one hand, you have a fedora made by the man who made the CS fedora(s). My size is the same as HF and my hat was done on the same block as his. On the other hand, I have beaver Indy ones made by Northwest Hats and AdVintage that I seem to like more. Northwest charges 250 dollars and Advintage charges around 310 dollars. The Adventurebilt by Steve Delk is 650 dollars. All are very good Indy hats and I suppose it depends on how much you are willing to shell out. It is not only the fedora but jackets as well. I have a couple BK jackets and to be honest, I like my S&J jackets more.

Drones33

Sounds sounds massively disappointing and very frustrating. I'd have thrown a tantrum too.
I'm glad u managed to redeem it however.
Good luck with the move, by the way.