Indy-themed high school dance

mattzilla2010

We are having our first school dance of the year at my high school tomorrow, and I thought it would be worth mentioning here because it's Indiana Jones themed! :D

The posters around school are advertising it as "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Dance". When they first announced it on the... um... announcements, they started by playing the Indiana Jones theme, which got me very excited, and also attracted some "WTF" type looks from my classmates. :eek:

My friends and I are all going to wear Indy fedoras. Should be fun.

Just had to share.

TheMutt92

mattzilla2010 said:
We are having our first school dance of the year at my high school tomorrow, and I thought it would be worth mentioning here because it's Indiana Jones themed! :D

The posters around school are advertising it as "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Dance". When they first announced it on the... um... announcements, they started by playing the Indiana Jones theme, which got me very excited, and also attracted some "WTF" type looks from my classmates. :eek:

My friends and I are all going to wear Indy fedoras. Should be fun.

Just had to share.

Kinda weird (but considering out school thought up a Pirates of the Caribbean one, that not that bad). Any chance of replicating the opening of TOD :p ? Anyways, hope its a success! (Any chance of posting pics???)

DiscoLad

lol, better than our Micheal Jackson one..Which I was in..(Oh Yeah)...

the only reason I was in it, cause' it was manditory...

Indy's brother

I was in high school in the 80's... Our senior prom was titled "I had the time of my life," themed around the movie, "Dirty Dancing".

I did not make an appearance.

*Hey, that song title belongs in the "In My Pants" thread!

indy34

DiscoLad said:
lol, better than our Micheal Jackson one..Which I was in..(Oh Yeah)...

the only reason I was in it, cause' it was manditory...

Sssshhhh remember were not allowed to talk about it or it will come back for us....:eek:

:p

|ZiR|

I bet more than a few of the faculty are excited about this. Count me among those requesting pics.

mattzilla2010

Okay, well it turned out to actually be pretty lame :( . In the way of decorating the place, they had some fake vines, a couple inflatable monkeys, and a carboard Indy standup. And that was it. There was one guy walking around in a gorilla suit, which was pretty funny. But still overall very disappointing. I guess I was expecting the school to look exactly like the temple of doom, with lava pit and everything. Sadly this was not the case.

I don't own a camera, so I tried to convince one of my friends to take some pics with his cameraphone. He didn't really want to, so he only took one. It doesn't show much, I'm afraid, but it's the best I've got. Now I just have to figure out how to insert it into a post :eek:

The Man

mattzilla2010 said:
Okay, well it turned out to actually be pretty lame :( . In the way of decorating the place, they had some fake vines, a couple inflatable monkeys, and a carboard Indy standup. And that was it. There was one guy walking around in a gorilla suit, which was pretty funny. But still overall very disappointing. I guess I was expecting the school to look exactly like the temple of doom, with lava pit and everything. Sadly this was not the case.

I don't own a camera, so I tried to convince one of my friends to take some pics with his cameraphone. He didn't really want to, so he only took one. It doesn't show much, I'm afraid, but it's the best I've got. Now I just have to figure out how to insert it into a post :eek:

Inflatable monkeys, eh? Ahh, the young today...(y)

mattzilla2010

QBComics said:
www.photobucket.com

1.Join
2.Go to 'My Albums"
3.Upload picture
4.Copy IMG code
5.Paste IMG code

;)

Whew! Thanks!

So here is the one picture in all its glory:

dancepic.jpg

It was an outdoor event, as you can all see. I know it looks like no one is dancing, but that's because everybody usually waits until it is dark. Then there's lots of cool lights and stuff and it puts everyone in more of a "party mood".

Ai-Chan

Wow..

Lucky.

People have suggested themes like Indiana Jones, Twilight, Harry Potter, M*A*S*H, and POTC for dances at all school and they are never even considered by our student council. (Even if they were the school would say no anyway)

WE don't even have a hoilday dance for crying out loud!

However we do have a Mardi Gras dance which we always have at least one person arrested at for doing something stupid. :eek: That's the only real 'themed' dance there.

Crusade>Raiders

Wow, that looks incredibly disapointing. And like 99.9% of high school dances, everyone seems to just stand around and talk, looking awkward.

Muttette

Cool theme... it's just a pity no one seemed to be wearing any fedoras in that pic but hey, at least your school was good enough to try! ^_^ We just got shipped out to the nearest hotel with a dance hall and there was no theme at all!

mattzilla2010

Kinda weird (but considering out school thought up a Pirates of the Caribbean one, that not that bad).

Yeah, we had a POTC dance last year. But that turned out WAY better than the Indy one.

Wow, that looks incredibly disapointing. And like 99.9% of high school dances, everyone seems to just stand around and talk, looking awkward.

Well, at ours anyway, everyone stands around and talks for about the first 30-45 minutes. But by the end, everyone is dancing with a whole bunch of energy, getting all sweaty and everything. It's good stuff.

A Back to the Future theme would of been cool.

I agree. But then again, I am probably the only person of my generation who has seen those movies.