Fedora

ElodieJones

Thanks for my bedroom !

The hat is more like Raiders, no?
In the site it is write :
"This one is allreday shaped by us to the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Style."

IndyJohan said:
sorry to say but that hat is awful...or were you being sarcastic.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. All the dimensions are exactly like the real Indy hat, unlike the "official" one that is being sold on a few websites. The price point is affordable compared to other high quality fedoras. And since it's straw, it be a good hat to wear during the Summer.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Hmm, I think that it looks more like LC. Could you post a pic of the front crease? This is what the different styles look like:

Raiders:
gear_hattu_1.jpg
gear_hattu_2.jpg
gear_hattu_3.jpg
gear_hattu_4.jpg

ToD:

gear_hattu_5.jpg
gear_hattu_6.jpg
gear_hattu_7.jpg
gear_hattu_8.jpg

LC:

gear_hattu_9.jpg
gear_hattu_10.jpg
gear_hattu_11.jpg
gear_hattu_12.jpg

No, I can't post a pic of the front crease because I haven't bought one yet. Michaelson over at COW has seen it. You could ask him what Indy style the hat is.

Ska

I believe the pics were to show Elodie that her's mostly resembles LC, even though it is supposedly a Raiders one.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Hmm, it looks like Raiders. But the front pinch doesn't go low enough. You could fix it easily with steam.

Sir_Winston said:
I was wondering what is about an average or good price for a fedora... on the whole.

Depends on what you are looking for. folks her seem to think you cna get a good hat for 100 bux but its truly ot possible. A good hat will cost around $450.00 - $2500.00 ,, That is in a custom hand made hat. Our baseline hats are 450.00 or 225.00 for first time buyers we give 50% off.

Akubra's are not a real fedora, but instead more of an out back hat that is full of stiffner.

A fedora will have .4- .7 degrees of stiffner and its all that is needed to shape the hat as it is a GOOD fedora. An Akubra has 4.7 -5 degrees of stiffner and does not qualify as a fedora accordingly.

Not to say its not a good enough hat for the money but it is not a fedora it just has a semi fedora shape to it.

The akubra is a rabbit fur hat and your better fedora's are fur blends or belly beaver. We offer hats up to 12,000.00 . I would not consider 100 dollars for a good hat a lot of money. That is 3 tanks of gasoline . A hat is an investment that should last at least a life time and if its sterling beaver it will last generations or around 200 years.

VP is correct . Fedora, is offering a pure beaver hat for around 250.00 in the IJ style and I understand all are delighted with his offerings. :whip: