Should Henry Jones Sr., Sallah, Shorty, or Willie have been in KOTCS?

Which one would you have liked seen in KOTCS

• Total voters

dgrove02

Out of all of the other movies, I wish Sallah would of been in KOTCS or at least have been acknowledged.

I believe these are the only still living characters who have not died
-Herny Jones (Indy's Dad)
-Shorty
-Willie
-Sallah

SixKadamHigh

dgrove02 said:
Out of all of the other movies, I wish Sallah would of been in KOTCS or at least have been acknowledged.

-Shorty
-Willie
-Sallah

Henry Sr. is dead, mate

Shorty wouldn't be the same.

Willie was terrible.

But Sallah would have been great. Too bad they didn't go to Egypt.

sunshinestate1992

dgrove02 said:

-Shorty
-Willie
-Sallah
Yeah
PHP:
henry sir did

Lao_Che

Remember that Henry Sr. only died because Connery didn't want to come out of retirement.

The only way any of their presences would be missing is at family function where cameos would have been appreciated. Except maybe Willie Scott, implications are she and Indy went their seperate ways.

Peacock's-Eye

Gee why stop there?

Where was Jock?!?
And Katanga?!
And Dennis Muren as "Nazi Spy On Airplane"?
Dan Ackroyd as Earl Weber (he'd be into all that UFO stuff!)!
Or Indy could have told "Fedora" how much he inspired him!!!

Enough is enough.

LostArk

Shorty, or at least Sallah, should have been at the wedding in the end. How awesome would that have been?

We know Short Round found the Peacock's Eye (diamond from Temple) in 1957, he could have shown it to Indy and everything.

AHegele

we didn't need anymore trips down memory lane. It needs to at least try stand on its own two feet.

ben85

As much as I would have loved to have seen the return of Willie or Short Round or Sallah etc, I thought maybe the film would have been better if it just left the past behind and had new characters, not new old characters. Marion didn't really seem to have any point being there expect for marrying Indy, and the other "old friends" we never even really knew about in the first place and the lack of character development made them irrelevant.

Shortie

They should of replaced Ox with Shortie. Or atleast have Shortie & Sallah (as cameos with no dialogue) in the wedding scene.

Yes, I know I'm becoming obsessed with wanting Shortie in a new movie.

Dr Jones

I didn't miss them in honesty. I don't see where they would have fit in.

Sallah or Shorty pop up in Peru, or meeting Willie in a club on Academia Campus?

:p

If anyone that made sense without it being a 'fan-boy' homage to all Indy's loved sidekicks, then Sallah would make sense in helping search for cave/tombs.

I liked the subtle touch for Henry Jones Snr, that was enough for us never to forget but not over indulge.

(y)

IndySeven

It would've been nice to have Willie, Shorty, or Sallah make cameos, or Henry Jones, Sr., if he was still alive. It's a shame that none of the three were in the wedding.:)

eroc

If they would have brought back those characters for cameos, the movie would've been a joke. There was no need for any of those characters in this particular film. It would have done nothing for the story or the movie.

Indyologist

I can understand having Henry Jones Sr. pass away because he would be too old character-wise for the film and thus wouldn't fit very well.

However, the wedding scene at the end of KS would have been the absolutely, positively, perfect excuse to put Sallah, Willie and a now-grown-up Short Round in the church, all waving happily to Indy as he glances out over the pews and flashes them a smile while he takes his vows with Marion.

But, they totally exclude (or don't think of) what would have been a precious moment for fans.

Thanks. a. lot. :mad:

James

The problem with including Sallah, Willie, or Short Round in the wedding scene is that it would've made Indy's universe suddenly appear very small. It would be different if any of them had been in all three of the original films- regardless of the story's locale.

For example, if we'd seen Sallah in Peru, Cairo, India, and later Iskenderun...then, yeah, he's probably someone you'd expect to get an invite to the wedding. Otherwise, he's just a good friend that you expect Indy to visit in a certain part of the world.