Making of Temple of Doom PBS (1984)

Matthew1972

Looking for the Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I am looking for a copy of The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom that was aired on KCET PBS Los Angeles in the late spring or early summer of 1984. One hour program. KCET had a fire and has lost most of their archives. LucasFilm does not have it either. Anybody know where I can get a copy of it?
Thanks! Matt

Last edited:

Matthew1972

Looking for the Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I looked on ebay, but maybe I don't know where or how to search. Go to collectables? Film, video, dvd? I am at a loss. I know that PBS made the video, but got nowhere on the phone. Thank you for your help!
Matt

Finn

Staff member
Now that's nice. Let's just hope you're not trying sell it to us... do I have to recall our jolly patrons about this gig's stance of soliticing?

stevedav

The making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Greetings. I am looking to get hold of a copy of this television special which aired on PBS in 1984. I had taped it at the time but something weird happened and its all wavy/grainy. If anyone knows where i can purchase a copy please let me know. Thanks.

JerryKing

A restoration project of this video - and more - is being discussed and presented on the Original Trilogy forums...

JerryKing

Speak of the devil... from said forums:

"DF001: The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark
DF002: Great Movie Stunts: Raiders of the Lost Ark
DF003: The Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Type.................: Movie
Platform.............: VIDEO_TS directory
Video Format.........: MPEG2-704x480-NTSC
Aspect ratio.........: Disc 1: 4x3
Audio Format.........: Dolby Digital 2.0 256kbps
Main Movie Runtime...: 58 minutes
Original Format......: NTSC
1 Disc Size.................: 3.87GB"

stevedav

Forums?

I am sorry, new to this site. I can't seem to find the "Original Trilogies" forum. Are these files you speak of available? To download? To purchase? Thanks.

Issard

Totally off topic, but I used to have the Temple of Doom read along record. A full 12" vinyl with a story book included. Someone sat on it, so you could only listen to half the record at a time. It made the story much more intense.