The Indy Cast

Robyn said:
And I too of course am diggin' your new avatar!;)
Ed there's never been a dull moment, keep on kickin' ass with all of your contributions and segments guys!:hat:

Nice Avatar yourself! :hat:

Didn't think you'd ever change it!(y)

You haven't given up on Marion, have you?

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
Alright! The Sallah Voice-Off competition! Connery was a stretch, but y'all are in trouble with this one!

Here's hoping listeners do the voting!

I can not wait to hear everybody! ;) So many good lines to choose from too! :cool:

Rocket I hope you like my avatar? I'm sure Marion will understand ;)

Last edited:

Jorbex

Great to have you here, Laird!

I haven't posted as often as I'd like lately, but I'll do my best to drop by now and then. :D

drwynn

Sharkey said:
Since you're the only one responding I'll just say:

That's too bad, I would have loved to beat you without your campaign machine.

But would you have? I guess you'll never know, will you?

The whole "campaign-machine" thing is pretty low too. Is it my fault that people I know who love and support me decided to vote for me because of word of mouth? And if they had done the same for you, would you call it a "campaign-machine"? That's pretty petty, if you ask me.

Whatever the case...have fun.

Last edited:

drwynn

robisindy said:
Maybe my next poll should ask everyone to vote on whether the Indy Opinion segment stinks or not. Or maybe I don't want to know the answer! :eek:

I hope everyone still finds good entertainment in the show each week. I know I do! I'd hate to be the reason anyone stops listening, but it seems to me that there's something for every Indy fan in every episode.

Don't worry about one person saying your voice is "dull" or whatever they said, Rob. I wouldn't describe it that way...I'd just say it's "mellow". And your impression of Indy (Ford) for Ed's adaptation of Keith's story was GREAT!

I might not contribute anymore, but I still listen. And as long as I'm around, I will. Cheers, Rob!

drwynn said:
Don't worry about one person saying your voice is "dull" or whatever they said, Rob. I wouldn't describe it that way...I'd just say it's "mellow". And your impression of Indy (Ford) for Ed's adaptation of Keith's story was GREAT!

I might not contribute anymore, but I still listen. And as long as I'm around, I will. Cheers, Rob!

Thanks, Lito! I appreciate you taking the time to post that, and I'm very glad you're still listening!

Sorry that there's still some mud-slinging going on from the Connery contest. I thought that with the passage of time everyone would just lighten up and move on. The fact that the same old argument has been drummed up by having another voice-off...if this is going to happen, then I guess I don't see the point of doing more of them. This should be a bit of light-hearted fun, not a source of contention.

Sharkey

drwynn said:
But would you have? I guess you'll never know, will you?

The whole "campaign-machine" thing is pretty low too. Is it my fault that people I know who love and support me decided to vote for me because of word of mouth? And if they had done the same for you, would you call it a "campaign-machine"? That's pretty petty, if you ask me.

Whatever the case...have fun.
I guess we won't ever know...

Yeah, not relying on your impression and soliciting IS pretty low!

Is it my fault? The cry of the guilty! Yes it is.

That's exactly why you won...word of mouth, not best impression.

Talk about scene stealing!More like fun thief!Enjoying the mug?

Why don't you take your own advise and let it go?

Robisindy I don't get you, he drained the fun out of the Connery and you apologise to him because of someone's negative opinion?

Sharkey said:
Robisindy I don't get you, he drained the fun out of the Connery and you apologise to him because of someone's negative opinion?

It's not just an apology to Lito, it's more that I'm just sorry this is being dregged up again. I thought the fun of the Connery contest was just hearing all of the impressions. What really ruined the competition was when someone started cheating to try and counteract Lito's votes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed when I saw that Lito had such a huge advantage over everyone and that no one had much of a chance of beating him, because a closer contest would have been more interesting. I just don't think it's worth making such a fuss over it, and I wish that we could just leave that in the past and enjoy some crazy Sallah impressions in this new contest.

I apologize to you too, Sharkey, if the joy of the contest was ruined by Lito's friends and fans voting for him. I just wish everyone could get along on this thing and not take it so seriously. It's disappointing.

drwynn

Sharkey said:
Is it my fault? The cry of the guilty! Yes it is.

That's exactly why you won...word of mouth, not best impression.

Talk about scene stealing!More like fun thief!Enjoying the mug?

Why don't you take your own advise and let it go?

Sharkey - I've said it before, I'll say it again...a lot of the votes I received were from people I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW. Co-workers, my niece, my friends, my wife...they ALL told people they knew about the contest and had people vote. And in many of the cases, apparently they were asked to vote blind (apparently my wife cued up the impressions at work, without telling people who was who, and let them vote based on their own judgment call. She laughed when telling me that two people didn't vote for me). My cousins in Indiana (who listen to the IndyCast as well) told THEIR friends without my knowledge...etc You get the idea.

A lot of these votes I found out about AFTER the fact. What was I supposed to do? take the votes back? Tell my eleven-year-old niece (who got her entire class to vote for me, apparently) to NOT be supportive? Tell my wife (who informed me AFTER the fact that she had her co-workers vote) that she should go and ask everyone to take back their votes?

Yes, some of the votes I did know about. But a BUNCH of them (I would say more than half, easily) were ones I had NO idea were even being cast and surprised even me when I saw them. (Bear in mind that by the time the whole thing had spun out of control, HUNDREDS of the votes for both me and Ed were farudulent)

Not that my goal is to please everyone, but HOW exactly would it have made you happier? If I had not participated at all?

Well, I will take some of my own advice and "let it go". I HAD done just that, as Rob and Ed can probably attest to. That's why I won't participate in this competition and why I didn't contribute anything to the IndyCast for the last three months. Because I knew people like you were still pissed about something that was beyond my control. I had let it go...and someone brought it back up a few posts back. And THAT bothers me because it shows that they clearly can't let it lie.

I was ready to just sit back and let the impressions sort themselves out on the next contest and was hoping it would help people "get over" what happened so I could hopefully soon make a return to the IndyCast. But, it seems no one who is angry at me will forgive me for what happened, and that makes me more upset than anything.

Rob - Thanks for the voice of support.

Sharkey

robisindy said:
it's more that I'm just sorry this is being dregged up again.
Yeah Rocket!
robisindy said:
the fun of the Connery contest was just hearing all of the impressions.
I agree, but I'm not alone in thinking the "cheater" had no real impact on the "competition". Lito used Steroids and his "win" will always have the "asterik" next to it.

robisindy said:
I just don't think it's worth making such a fuss over it, and I wish that we could just leave that in the past
Thanks for running the contest, I'm saying what others have emailed me about and I guess listening to Mark McGuire say he would have hit 70 homeruns without Steriods is bothering me too.
robisindy said:
and enjoy some crazy Sallah impressions in this new contest.
I can't wait to hear them!

robisindy said:
I apologize to you too, Sharkey, if the joy of the contest was ruined by Lito.
Don't apologise, it just sounds like YOU'RE being taken advantage of...I have a prioblem with that.

The voice off was still great, (can those enrties still be heard?), the "competition" turned into a Don King style promote-a-thon.

This is my last word on the Connery Voice-Off: Lito did not cheat. He did not break any rule of the competition. I know that some feel he didn't play fair, but he did not cheat. It's not fair to him to say that he did, because it just isn't true.

I'm not going to say anything more about the Connery contest. I will get all of the impressions back up on the site at some point, Sharkey, if you'd like to go back and listen to them (and if anyone else would like to hear them again too, of course).

I will say this: I hope everyone that votes listens to the show, too. Especially if we have as many vote as we did last time. That would mean we'd have a lot of listeners! I hope the Sallah vote is close, and I hope keeping the contestants anonymous helps everything unfold in a fair manner.

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
:eek:

uh, um...sorry

Nothing to be sorry about, you didn't even mention Lito's name! All you said was "here's hoping listeners do the voting" Nothin wrong with saying that!

Robyn said:
Nothing to be sorry about, you didn't even mention Lito's name! All you said was "here's hoping listeners do the voting" Nothin wrong with saying that!
Thanks...you're right, that's all I said.

robisindy said:
All of the entries for the Connery Voice-Off are back on the site now, so if you want to go back and check them out, feel free. There really were some good impressions sent in!

Thanks for putting them back up...what a lot of fun!

Mine was the best!;)

Robyn said:
I noticed that right after my other post.. quick aren't I? :sleep:
Milady, you are the snappiest!

Last edited:

ronthereviewer

keep goin

Hey Rob, you do a great job...Very excited here just got my account activated...just keep on truckin, we all get hit with some scrap metal....