General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Agent Z

No Mutt. No Indy. Just leave it well enough alone.

The next film should be Aliens VS Prairie Dogs:Requiem :hat:

Jones_Happens

Something tells me this will never happen. I don't think the "big 3" will be able to come together on anything before they all get WAAAY too old.

The Man

Agent Spalko said:
Ugh. Because we all know how mature the love story was handled in Crystal Thud. (n)

Any chance for a 'mature romance' was shotgunned to death when they turned Marion into a grinning, giggling psychopath. She'd make a fine Joker, though.

James

The Man said:
Any chance for a 'mature romance' was shotgunned to death when they turned Marion into a grinning, giggling psychopath.

Wrong definition, guys. Spielberg was referring to a love story involving two "mature"- as in older- characters. He wasn't suggesting Indy would suddenly be a serious-minded affair, or turn into "The English Patient".

Dovchenko said:
Something tells me this will never happen. I don't think the "big 3" will be able to come together on anything before they all get WAAAY too old.

The biggest obstacle to Indy 4 was Lucas' insistence on using aliens as the Macguffin. If they really are considering one or two more films, I suspect they already have a plan in mind. Everyone involved is aware that a delay of even 5 years is out of the question.

IndyCon

I?ve just come up with a brilliant opening sequence to Indy V now it?s very connected and many may not like it but here it goes...

Indy V opens in 1959 with Indy & Mutt in the heart of Russia, Moscow they are there to retrieve a great artefact that the Russians have stolen. Indy & Mutt sneak into a high security facility in some cool way that a writer can come up with and when they get to the artefact the artefact is none other than the Ark of the Covenant witch the Russians stole from the warehouse at the start of Kingdom. Indy & Mutt then race against time to get the Ark out of Moscow before the Russians capture them, so in a fantastic action sequence both Indy & Mutt escape from Russia with the Ark and that is the opening of Indy V. :whip:

Well what do you all think?

EddyW

And then what? They recollect the sankara stones and the holey grail to combine it into one super weapon? I think Indy V should introduce something new, having Marion in IV is a trick you can only pull once before it starts to look like the creators are out of idea's.

agentsands77

The Soviet government would not have any interest in a supernatural artifact. They discouraged religion. That's why it was appropriate to have them on a quest for extraterrestrial artifacts in KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL. However, that's the one context in which they're worthwhile as baddies.

Frankly, though, I think we need to drop the Soviets/Nazis/uniformed foreign goverment foes. We've had three films with them: RAIDERS and CRUSADE (both Nazi films) and KINGDOM (which had the Soviets, who are pretty much Nazis with a new coat of paint). It's time to come up with more creative sources of villainy.

DocWhiskey

Blue Jay said:
lara croft as a villian would be perfect:
i can hear mutt say to indy: whip that bi*ch :whip: :p

Yes she would. She'd be even better if she was the 1st Indy villain that was topless throughout out the whole film for no apparent reason other then to make male viewers crack their whip. :whip:

I can just here Indy:

"Check out the wubbayous on that one!"

protocida

I Imagined (And drawed/sketched) a fight scene between Indy and a villain, that i like to call Captain Cheslav (The baddie of the refused ''Saucer Men from Mars'' script).

Cheslav gets the Spear of Destiny and manages to fight Indy, but he is invencible. After a beat like he never had before (I Like to torture Indy... Just wait until i talk about the Spiders chamber scene). Anyway, Indy get's the Spear and impales Cheslav. He starts to absorv all the magic power, till he become a big blob of massy energy and explode. Indy runs away, while the whole temple colapses.

By the way, the characters i pitched for a ''Indy V'':

Indiana Jones.
Marion Ravenwood.
Mutt Willians.
Harold Oxley.
Charles Stanford.
Richard Levi.
Hannah Levi.
Captain Cheslav.
Sargent Veska.
Lietnaut Kroenen.
James Bolander.
Short Round.
Willie Scott.
Sallah.

Shortie

No Willie & have Sallah (he's probably too old now) & Ox for cameos.

Short Round all the way, for a full role!!!!

protocida

I Imagined a scene on a chinese bar, where Indy and his family are fighting with sovietics and Willie is there, singing.

WILLIE: *Screamsn*

INDY: Shut up... WILLIE!

WILLIE: Indy!

MARION: Willie?

INDY: Marion!

WILLIE: Marion?

MARION: Indy?

MUTT: Huh... I'm confused.

Melesse

protocida said:
I Imagined (And drawed/sketched) a fight scene between Indy and a villain, that i like to call Captain Cheslav (The baddie of the refused ''Saucer Men from Mars'' script).

Cheslav gets the Spear of Destiny and manages to fight Indy, but he is invencible. After a beat like he never had before (I Like to torture Indy... Just wait until i talk about the Spiders chamber scene). Anyway, Indy get's the Spear and impales Cheslav. He starts to absorv all the magic power, till he become a big blob of massy energy and explode. Indy runs away, while the whole temple colapses.

By the way, the characters i pitched for a ''Indy V'':

Indiana Jones.
Marion Ravenwood.
Mutt Willians.
Harold Oxley.
Charles Stanford.
Richard Levi.
Hannah Levi.
Captain Cheslav.
Sargent Veska.
Lietnaut Kroenen.
James Bolander.
Short Round.
Willie Scott.
Sallah.

why willie and short? and what about the hot chick for mutt? he cant always be chickless, he has to be like his dad!

Kyle

protocida said:
I Imagined a scene on a chinese bar, where Indy and his family are fighting with sovietics and Willie is there, singing.

WILLIE: *Screamsn*

INDY: Shut up... WILLIE!

WILLIE: Indy!

MARION: Willie?

INDY: Marion!

MARION: Indy?

MUTT: Huh... I'm confused.

That's really funny!!!

:hat:

Hanselation

Agent Spalko said:
It won't flop. Phantom Menace sucked and still made $430 million. Lucas will use that as proof people loved it.

But the better one is the enemy of the good one.
Still if here was no Jarr Jar, PM would have made about $500 million?

Same with Indy, it's a blockbuster movie, but I believe the benefit could still be much higher, if there was less "Lucas imagination" to see in that movie. (Living Alien, Ufo, Tarzan Scene,...)

protocida

Hannah Levi is Mutt's girlfriend. And Willie, Sallah and Shorty would have little cameos.

Cheslav would be the big villains, Veska, the thug, and Kroenen, the hot baddie chick that seduces Indy. Bolander would be a main villain also.

indytim

agentsands77 said:
Frankly, though, I think we need to drop the Soviets/Nazis/uniformed foreign goverment foes. We've had three films with them: RAIDERS and CRUSADE (both Nazi films) and KINGDOM (which had the Soviets, who are pretty much Nazis with a new coat of paint). It's time to come up with more creative sources of villainy.

My thoughts exactly. Spielberg made it quite clear that after 'Schindler's List' and 'Saving Private Ryan' he could no longer make a movie with 'comic book Nazis' (which is perfectly understandable), and so it felt like the Russians were just a direct replacement to compensate for this. That is probably why out of all the films Mola Ram remains the most iconic villain (with maybe the exception of Belloq) as all the uniformed bad guys have started to seem like one and the same foe.

A really strong and unique villain can work wonders in a film. The strongest and most memorable character to feature in the Star Wars prequels was Darth Maul, and throughout all three movies he can't have had more than 20 minutes screen time! Alan Rickman literally stole the show in both Die Hard and Robin Hood : Prince Of Thieves playing the villain. Actually, if Indy V goes ahead get Alan's agent on the phone ... he's be a great adversary for Harrison to play against (y)