Rope Bridge Indy TOD 1/6

hemble

Hi All

When I did the 3-3/4" rope bridge dio I wanted to make a 12 inch Rope bridge dio just with Indy and after a finally completing a few other Indy diorama's decided to give it ago. I picked myself up another Sideshow Indy and got straight into making the dio and was more then happy with the end result.

I used Vallejo and GW paints on the figure and diorama and then used pastels to weather the diorama and Indy figure. I have to thank a friend of mine called MFisher over on Sideshow Freaks forums for putting me onto the pastels. These are without adoubt the best things to use when weathering models, scenery etc.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - Everything is from The Sideshow Toys Indy figure except the right arm which is from another figure and the shoes which are from Hasbro's 12 inch Indiana Jones figure. I removed the right sleeve and the small bead like buttons and replaced them using buttons from a Dragon WW2 American shirt.

2: Base - The cliff face I picked up from the local pet shop it's a foam back drop used in fish tanks, Once I got it home I cut out the desired length and height and used balsa wood as a frame and also for strength. Once the frame work was done I then used plaster of paris to cover the existing foam detailing to get the sand stone effect.

The rope bridge is a combination of balsa wood which was used for the blanks and a mixture of different sizes of rope which I got from the local hardware shop. The arrows were made using plasti rod and paper and once all the parts were connected and glued inplace I used Vallejo, GW paints and Pastels to paint and weather the entire diorama.

rb1.jpg

rb2.jpg

rb3.jpg

rb4.jpg

rb5.jpg

rb6.jpg

inky_skin

Awesome, awesome work Hemble. However, you might get better exposure if you post in the Customising thread of the Collecting section - I almost missed your post in here !

Looks like the one I did at 1:18th scale late last year...

group2.jpg

Last edited:

hemble

Hi All

inky_skin wrote
Awesome, awesome work Hemble. However, you might get better exposure if you post in the Customising thread of the Collecting section - I almost missed your post in here !

Looks like the one I did at 1:18th scale late last year...

Thanks for letting me know about the collection section I have to start posting them there as well. I really like your 1/18th scale indy items very professional work and thanks for the kind words.

michael wrote
Hemble, that is just amazing. Great work!

Appreciate the comment thank you.

Nurhachi1991 wrote
Fantastic!!!!!

Thanks heaps.

Ron