More B.S. from Lucasfilm.......

Ken

Hello friends,

Exclusive: Star Wars And Indy IV
Rick McCallum on Lucasfilm's line-up

The big news is that George Lucas has approved an Indiana Jones IV script and returned it to Spielberg for more polishing, and that the Star Wars TV show is a go as Rick McCallum attended last night?s Sony Ericsson Empire Awards.

He was there because Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith was picking up Best Sci-Fi Film and Scene of the Year at last night?s Sony Ericsson Empire Awards, but he gave a few more tidbits on Lucasfilm?s next few projects.

First up, the Stars Wars TV series that we?ve been hearing about since Sith came out. ?That?s not going to happen probably for another year and a half while we develop scripts and everything else. But it?s fantastic; we?ve got some incredible writers. It?s going to be much darker, much more character-based, and I think it?s going to be everything the fans always wanted the prequels to be. They?ll be one-hour episode. It takes place between Episodes III and IV. It?s going to be all-new characters, maybe a few bounty hunters in there to start the series off.?

But where does this leave Lucas?s long-cherished World War II fighter pilots film Red Tails? Or, for that matter, a certain Dr Jones?

?We?re working on Red Tails right now. George is writing the script as we speak. He?s just finished the Indiana Jones script, and Steven?s having that rewritten and a few things done. And then we start hopefully in October or November looking for another writer for Red Tails when George puts together his ideas of what he wants it to be. Then hopefully next year we?ll start on that.?

Red Tails and Indiana Jones IV and a Star Wars TV show all lined up and headed our way? Has Christmas come early? Let?s just hope that Spielberg gets sufficiently fired up over this latest script to give up on that year long
holiday idea and make Indy IV already!

Ken

Ken

Hello friends,

You see....this is the crap I'm talking about. The first line in the article says that Lucas has APPROVED the script. But the quote by McCallum doesn't say that he APPROVED the script, but only that he's FINISHED it (finished writing w/ Nathanson). The reason Speilberg is probably having the script rewritten by Koepp is probably because he didn't like the writing Lucas did on it.

So to make a long story short, what we have here is another piece of uselss info just like we've been hearing for the last 13 years. Keep 'em coming Lucasfilm, u S.O.B.

Ken

Finn

Staff member
You know, this is old news for HC-Indyfans, let's admit that. But is it old for average Joe Viewer? Think out of the box, people...

Looks like somebody's made an official inquiry about the current status of the Lucasfilm projects, and they gave us as official answer. Kind of no surprise that there's nothing juicy here.

<small>And, we're all frustrated, let's admit that, but there's no need for an overly aggressive tone.</small>

Dene

This isn't bad news, it's just further confirmation of what Spielberg intimated last week after the Oscars.

IMO this is it, folks, it really is. Whatever happens with David Koepp's draft will be the end of the line -- the movie will either go ahead by the end of the year, or it won't, ever.

This has admittedly gone on & on & on, but I really think this is make-or-break time.

It's troubling that there seems to be little agreement between Spielberg & Lucas though, i.e. we know Spielberg liked Darabont's script and Lucas didn't, and now presumably Lucas liked Nathanson's script and Spielberg didn't. Let's hope these differences are finally ironed out.

P.S. I definitely remember Lucas saying last year that they had a chance to 'get' Steven Spielberg "next spring". Is it possible that Indy 4 was pencilled in and then got the bullet, once again, because Spielberg nixed the Nathanson draft?

IndyBuff

Now I'm confused. First, we hear that Lucas is still rewriting the script and touching it up; now we're told that Lucas has approved the script and Spielberg is busy having someone do rewrites.:confused:

In any case, at least they're still talking about the project, which hopefully means that they plan to start soon. Until then, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

indyt

Guys, this does sound like good news. I mean, if the movie was canned we should not be getting news like this on a semi-regular basis. Yes, the "year off" thing is not good, but its the only bad news we have heard in the last month. And he still may not take that year off, lets hope he doesnt anyway. I am sure that the big 3 know time is short and the movie needs to be made soon. Trying to continue to be optimistic.;)

San Holo

I think you're all f@#%! in the head. We're ten hours from the f@#$& fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a movie. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much f@#$%& fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our g@d*mn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're a$$holes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a man in a hat. Praise Indy Jones!! Holy Sh!t!!" Don't Touch!!!:mad:
-Chevy Chase/National Lampoon's Vacation

shenshaw

temple of john said:
I'm very close to giving up. This is just the same kind of thing we have been hearing for years now. How long does it take to write a script and if the story were that good, wouldn't they have done the movie already? I just don't see it anymore. Lucas has pratically destroyed Star Wars and now he'll do the same with Indy. :(

Stick with me temple.

couple of things to everyone for right now:

1) Spielberg says he's taking the year off. He might... except for Indy. He's tired, has had to put up with a ton of flack for Munich (deserved or undeserved besides the point), but for Indy 4 he's 100% go as soon as its ready to shoot. He also whines from time to time (great director, I'm a big fan, but he does whine a bit). So lets remove this "taking a year off" business from our concerns.

2) We have heard absolutely NOTHING substantial from Lucas' own mouth for quite awhile now. The man is not sitting on a couch staring at a wall, unless its a storyboard and he's sitting with Spielberg himself. I estimate that we'll be hearing something definitive from Lucas' own mouth within the next 2 months. (could be bad, could be good--- but then we'll at least have a clearer picture)

3) Harrison Ford is a joker. Which is wonderful. I love it. Let's just not take anything he says too seriously. Besides, we know he's at the bottom of the decision-making list when it comes to this picture.

Until we hear news from Lucas' mouth, all other news is just small potatoes.

Teke

Have you thinked that the "year off" might have begun when he has finished with Munich? If so... he should be ready to shoot Indy at the end of the year.

Believing he takes the year off, there is still a possibility that the filming begins this year.

IrishLuck1980

I'm sorry, but Lucas is pissing me off. Spielberg can handle Indiana Jones all by himself. Why is it taking so long to get a script together? Harrison is not getting younger! If I was Spielberg, I would've said forget it.

shenshaw

IrishLuck1980 said:
I'm sorry, but Lucas is pissing me off. Spielberg can handle Indiana Jones all by himself. Why is it taking so long to get a script together? Harrison is not getting younger! If I was Spielberg, I would've said forget it.

That got him. Salt on his wounds.
I'm sure Mr. Lucas is genuinely offended.

...one more thing. Its safe to say that all of us are glad you're not Spielberg.

Grizzlor

Hey I say that if they're talking about the film, that is a good thing! Silence would be much worse. I'm still confident.