Richard Perez playing Cortez?

Teke

Well, yesterday, I saw the IMDB Indy4 page, and it says Richard Perez is going to play "Cortez" in the upcoming movie.

I don´t know how the hell this guys have this information. As I remember, there wasn´t any official cast announcement.
I assume this is not bull****. The people in IMDB doesn´t put any names if they aren´t sure.

Well, lets see whats happens...

PD: It´s supossed to be "Hernán Cortez"? The Mexican conqueror? I wonder, because he lived in 1500-1600 I don´t remember.

PD2: sorry for the poor english :whip:

Finn

Staff member
I'd look into this with certain calmness. It's not the first time somebody manages to slip a false entry in IMDb.

Somehow I think it's not the first place the makers of this movie would announce a random cast name.

Abe Vayoda

It's really easy to slip one past IMDB... I think they'll post anything, if it slightly sounds true. About two months ago someone wrote IMDB telling them they had gotten Johnny Depps character name wrong in Pirates of the Caribbean, his name was supposed to be JOCK Sparrow. A couple days later I saw the listing, and they had changed it to Jock Sparrow. It was corrected later, but still... it's easy to fool them, because they rarely do any fact checking. They're the movie version of Wikipedia, only not as bad.

Grizzlor

IMDB is a great website, and it's probably 95% accurate, but on films like this which are barely in production, they are probably 10% accurate.

Abe Vayoda

IMDB is a great resource for older movies, and general information, but if you think something is suspect, chances are it is.
Virtually anyone can edit information on IMDB, they do very little research or fact-checking.