TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 01-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
herr gruber

Indy dying in 4 or Indy 5 without Ford? Choose!

Would you rather Indy died in Indy 4 rather than another actor replacing him in Indy 5? I personally love the character too much and would swallow my pride and go with the new actor. Indy must not die, whatever the cost, in my opinion.

(If this has been covered then discard this thread like Tom Selleck's audition tapes).
herr gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
sarah navarro
IndyFan

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Why do you have to make the decision so hard? Either way it would make me sad.I guess we cant ever let Indy die so i'd have to go with new actor ...i cant beleive i just said that.
sarah navarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
WhipItGood
IndyFan

So... how can Indy die in 4 if he lived to be an old man in YIJ? Unless you throw out the series all together in the character's timeline.

That aside, my preference would be Indy lives (as expected) and the film series ends with 4. If G&S want to start something new in the future, then fine. But the Indiana Jones movie series concludes on its own terms.
WhipItGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #4
sarah navarro
IndyFan

Anyway if Indy dies how could somebody continue it as
INDIANA JONES AND THE........? It wouldnt even be Indiana Jones anymore!It would be a whole diffrent situation it couldnt even be called the same thing .
sarah navarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
herr gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah navarro
Anyway if Indy dies how could somebody continue it as
INDIANA JONES AND THE........? It wouldnt even be Indiana Jones anymore!It would be a whole diffrent situation it couldnt even be called the same thing .

Sarah, I mean the series would end with Indy's death - OR - he would survive into Indy 5 with another actor playing Indy.

herr gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
DoomsdayFAN
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipItGood
So... how can Indy die in 4 if he lived to be an old man in YIJ? Unless you throw out the series all together in the character's timeline.

The old version of Indy was Retcon'd out. Which means Lucas erased him from "Official" continuety. Which means the 90+ year old version of Indy DOES NOT EXIST within the Indiana Jones Universe.

I'd rather Indy Died and Shia take his place as the Future of the Franchize.
DoomsdayFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:23 AM   #7
No Ticket
IndyFan

I'd rather Shia died at the end so he can't take his place. Ha.

I certainly don't want to see this franchise continue on (bastardized) with movies about Shia as Mutt Jones or something.

Indy can't die. This movie can't end on such a downer as the hero the movie is named after being dead. The whole point is that he is an everyday guy getting himself into situations he can't handle but getting out of them somehow. If he doesn't make it. Well damn. That's a bummer.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
WhipItGood
IndyFan

Was the Harrison version of "middle-aged Indy" also retcon'd out of the series? Btw, "retcon'd" is a new one to me... sounds ominous!

I still think there's no way Indy dies in the film (or the series), period. And without Ford, I don't see a need to continue the films either. There's something to be said for getting out of the game at the top of one's form and letting the work stand for itself thereafter.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

These are are fun movies whose only intention is to give the audience a great time. Killing Indy would not make audiences happy, so they won't do that.

Lucas and Spielberg aren't retards, in so far as I can tell.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
Shortie
IndyFan

I'd rather see a Mutt movie than Indy die.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #11
DoomsdayFAN
IndyFan

Me too. Indy wont die though. Im 100%. They wouldnt do that to us.
DoomsdayFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #12
replican't

He was still alive when they filmed the wrap video on the website, so I think we all know he won't die.
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #13
WhipItGood
IndyFan

Except the final 'wrap' shot of a film is rarely the last shot or scene in the film. Watch that video on the official site again and you'll see the wrap shot for RAIDERS was Marion's "death", and for LC it was a shot of the animatronic rhino on the train (of all things!). The fact that Harrison was there for the last shot simply means he is in the scene -- but the scene itself could take place early in the film, we don't know yet.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #14
Rivers
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayFAN
The old version of Indy was Retcon'd out. Which means Lucas erased him from "Official" continuety. Which means the 90+ year old version of Indy DOES NOT EXIST within the Indiana Jones Universe.

I'd rather Indy Died and Shia take his place as the Future of the Franchize.

No, it doesnt means that. He just didnt like the way they turned out and choose to leave them out. It doesnt change the fact that Lucas has established that Indy lives to a ripe old age. Plus they didnt fit in with the 2 hour format they adapted putting single episodes together as movies.
Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #15
Attila the Professor

Whatever the reason, Rivers, that Lucas did have George Hall's performances removed with no further references to them certainly does leave open the possibility that he no longer exists. He might, but there's certainly no proof. Disestablishment is an option.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:48 AM   #16
Dr. HenryJones.jr
IndyFan

ah no hell, no dying Indy. Remember it: Young Indiana Jones has been a old man: Indy with right eye patch. This movie will not see anyone, It's 1950... not enough, later we know when Indy 5, or not... what will to be Steven Spielberg again Indy 5???? wait...
Dr. HenryJones.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #17
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ticket
I'd rather Shia died at the end so he can't take his place. Ha.

I certainly don't want to see this franchise continue on (bastardized) with movies about Shia as Mutt Jones or something.

Indy can't die. This movie can't end on such a downer as the hero the movie is named after being dead. The whole point is that he is an everyday guy getting himself into situations he can't handle but getting out of them somehow. If he doesn't make it. Well damn. That's a bummer.

No Ticket has got it right! The series ends with Ford!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:53 PM   #18
UCFKevin
IndyFan

I would rather see Indiana Jones get torn apart by a pack of ravenous wolves at the end of Indy 4 than see an Indy 5 starring Shia LeBouf.
UCFKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:47 AM   #19
ben85
IndyFan

No, Indiana Jones can never die. Sure, he can 'retire', but his character can't die. He is timeless.

And, Harrison Ford is the only Indiana Jones.

If he quits, then they shouldn't make any films, nor should they attempt any spinoffs cashing in on the name, like they're doing with Terminator. I'd hate to see young hotshots like Shia LeBouf 'leading' in a new film or a spinoff television series.
ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:47 AM   #20
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFKevin
I would rather see Indiana Jones get torn apart by a pack of ravenous wolves at the end of Indy 4 than see an Indy 5 starring Shia LeBouf.

Was he delicious?
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #21
Kingsley
IndyFan

The only possibility to do an Indy 5 without Ford is a prequel. Why change the actor if the character is in his sixties?

I'll go for the Dying option... in an epilogue in the 90's, still played by Ford. That could be a reason to remove the George Hall's scenes.
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:16 PM   #22
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFKevin

If there is any Mutt spin-off it better not bear the Indiana Jones name - unless Harrison Ford is the lead actor or main character.

And I will be if Indy gives his hat and whip to Shia.

Having said that I'm not against any Mutt Williams solo movies. As long its separate from the Indy series and doesn't try to make Shia into a new young Indy.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:42 AM   #23
ben85
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
If there is any Mutt spin-off it better not bear the Indiana Jones name - unless Harrison Ford is the lead actor or main character.

And I will be if Indy gives his hat and whip to Shia.

Having said that I'm not against any Mutt Williams solo movies. As long its separate from the Indy series and doesn't try to make Shia into a new young Indy.

I guess there is a possibility of Indy "retiring on screen", by passing on his legacy in a symbolic manner (as suggested by the poster above - giving his hat and whip to Shia), but if thats going to happen they better leave the series right there and not make any more films under the "Indiana Jones" name, unless Indy 5 is a prequel or something

I have faith though that those involve appreciate and respect who is the man behind the name and legacy of Indiana Jones, so they won't do something as stupid as making an "Indiana Jones presents" or "Indiana Jones: A New Legend" or some spinoff like that.
ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:16 PM   #24
Mutt285

Quote:
Originally Posted by herr gruber
Would you rather Indy died in Indy 4 rather than another actor replacing him in Indy 5? I personally love the character too much and would swallow my pride and go with the new actor. Indy must not die, whatever the cost, in my opinion.

(If this has been covered then discard this thread like Tom Selleck's audition tapes).

Well then you are naive. All great heroes die at some point and if there is ever going to be an Indiana Jones 5 then it shouldn't be called Indiana Jones it should be called the Adventures of Mutt Williams and the Journey to Atlantis or something crazy like that . He has the hat that Indy gives him and Indy is dead.

That is the only way we could have an Indy 5 movie if not then they should stop at 4 because the fourth film is most likely going to be disappointing anyway. I mean it is brought to you by the guy who made another Star Wars Trilogy that was the most disappointing thing since prom night for some trek fan.
Mutt285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #25
Michael24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt285
I mean it is brought to you by the guy who made another Star Wars Trilogy that was the most disappointing thing since prom night for some trek fan.

If Lucas was directing, I'd be worried. But Spielberg is, so I'm not. Even though Lucas created the character, he's always seemed to pretty much let it be Spielberg's series and more or less take a backseat.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote