Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 08-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #51
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago103
I found it interesting in the article where he says he looks forward to doing "voiceover work" in the future having recently done one for an animated film.

This makes me wonder if Sean Connery would be open to being in Indy5 as just the voice of Henry Sr.'s ghost or at least what could be one interpretation as such via the supernatural McGuffin.

Nice thought.

When Indy's in peril in Siberia after seizing documents leading to the Nazi Atlantis, the spirit of his father will appear to him like Obi Wan to Luke after the Wampa attack.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #52
Major Eaton
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Nice thought.

When Indy's in peril in Siberia after seizing documents leading to the Nazi Atlantis, the spirit of his father will appear to him like Obi Wan to Luke after the Wampa attack.

Henry: Junior...Junior...
Indy: Dad?
Henry: You will go to Atlantis(or a mysterious place in Argentina in my vision).
Indy: Atlantis?
Henry: There you will obtain true fortune and glory.
Indy: Dad!!!!!!!.....Dad! (Henry's ghost fades as "Jonathan" Ke Huy Quan swoops in to reprise his roll as an older, much more sophisticated, and feistier than ever Short Round.)

How amazing and bizarre would this be? Holy Jumpin!
Major Eaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #53
chicago103
IndyFan

Indy5 might be the last major blockbuster that Lucas will ever make so self refrences to movies throughout his career if not done tacky would be appropriate.

Thats one reason I think setting it in 1962 makes sense since that references American Graffiti and its also the year Sean Connery starred as Dr. No as James Bond 007, the father of Indiana Jones. A star wars inside reference like described above would be cool to as would an obvious 1138 reference.
chicago103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:42 AM   #54
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago103
Indy5 might be the last major blockbuster that Lucas will ever make so self refrences to movies throughout his career if not done tacky would be appropriate.

Thats one reason I think setting it in 1962 makes sense since that references American Graffiti and its also the year Sean Connery starred as Dr. No as James Bond 007, the father of Indiana Jones. A star wars inside reference like described above would be cool to as would an obvious 1138 reference.

The Da Vinci code of Indiana Jones movies!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #55
Joosse
IndyFan

Quote:
The Da Vinci code of Indiana Jones movies!

I predict it will feature a dog called Chewbacca...
Joosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #56
moon_tan
IndyFan

Sean Connery has officially retired from doing any movies and public appearances. Michael Caine says Connery is not moving much these days.
moon_tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #57
EvilEmperorZoRG
IndyFan

It would be nice if Indy finds his old father now after thinking he was killed in the war or something like that. He was actually captured for something {can't think a reason now}and he was on the run hidding somewhere....and the story goes on
Seems nice to me, what you guys think ?
About Connery's retirement, I think he can make an exeption for Indiana Jones. It's not a new movie, it's a special movie for us and for him too IMO. It will be nice to end his acting career on an ending scene like the one from Last Crusade !
EvilEmperorZoRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #58
moon_tan
IndyFan

Lightbulb

Going off topic for a few seconds, I was hoping Sean Connery would have been able to make an appearance in the new James Bond movie, SKYFALL (2012), since they are going to be filming scenes in Scotland and it is the 50th Anniversary movie.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #59
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_tan
Going off topic for a few seconds, I was hoping Sean Connery would have been able to make an appearance in the new James Bond movie, SKYFALL (2012), since they are going to be filming scenes in Scotland and it is the 50th Anniversary movie.

I believe he now spends his time on roses, Tanagra figurines, and Debussy.

As to the subject at hand, I fail to see why you'd want to overwrite Henry Sr.'s established death. Do we really expect that if he had simply gone missing that Indy wouldn't have found him?
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #60
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

They need to let poor Henry go. I love his character but they made it pretty clear he died. Connery was great in LC but I want them to avoid going back to the old films. Leave the dead dead. I wouldn't mind Sallahs return or even Marion if its not all jokey dialogue between her and Indy but leave Mutt in school and let Sr R.I.P.
No more nods to the previous films. Let's do something fresh this time. And bringing back Sr will take away from a serious adventure and lead to a movie full of two older guys bantering. You might as well make a movie about those two guys in the balcony on the Muppets.
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #61
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry W Jones
You might as well make a movie about those two guys in the balcony on the Muppets.

I'd pre-order tickets.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #62
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
They need to let poor Henry go. I love his character but they made it pretty clear he died. Connery was great in LC but I want them to avoid going back to the old films. Leave the dead dead. I wouldn't mind Sallahs return or even Marion if its not all jokey dialogue between her and Indy but leave Mutt in school and let Sr R.I.P.
No more nods to the previous films. Let's do something fresh this time. And bringing back Sr will take away from a serious adventure and lead to a movie full of two older guys bantering. You might as well make a movie about those two guys in the balcony on the Muppets.

It's a pity really because I thought they killed off Henry Jones Senior too cheaply i.e. without any dramatic effect/consequence in KOTCS - other than Indy feeling a bit isolated and down. Better if they'd kept him alive, and off screen, or have some significant on-screen ramification of his death that drove Indy through the quest. Besides... we all know that Henry Jones Senior should have lived into his 100's after drinking from the Grail.
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 AM   #63
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile
It's a pity really because I thought they killed off Henry Jones Senior too cheaply i.e. without any dramatic effect/consequence in KOTCS - other than Indy feeling a bit isolated and down. Better if they'd kept him alive, and off screen, or have some significant on-screen ramification of his death that drove Indy through the quest. Besides... we all know that Henry Jones Senior should have lived into his 100's after drinking from the Grail.

I can see why they did it, apart from Connery not wanting to be involved: Indy having reconciled his relationship with his father in 1938, we might expect that to be reiinforced in 1957. They gave us that with the photo on the desk, while at the same time making a clean break: there's no going back.

It wasn't an ideal situation, as the relationship of the father and older son (Indy) was more compelling than that of the father and the younger son (Mutt).

KOTCS was creating a climate of isolation for Indy, readying him for marriage and family. That wasn't ideal either.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #64
EvilEmperorZoRG
IndyFan

Quote:

Oh yes, the greatest issue of KotcS for me was that Sallah was missing. If Indy 5 has Sallah in it it's already gonna be a much better movie than the 4th one !
EvilEmperorZoRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #65
replican't

Yeah - more comedy arabs!
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #66
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEmperorZoRG
It would be nice if Indy finds his old father now after thinking he was killed in the war or something like that. He was actually captured for something {can't think a reason now}and he was on the run hidding somewhere....and the story goes on
Seems nice to me, what you guys think ?
About Connery's retirement, I think he can make an exeption for Indiana Jones. It's not a new movie, it's a special movie for us and for him too IMO. It will be nice to end his acting career on an ending scene like the one from Last Crusade !
If you pay attention to the dialogue in "Skull", Henry Sr. died well after WW2 was over. Plus, Connery is now in his 80s and his health is failing. Don't expect to see him in a new Indy movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_tan
Perhaps you aren't aware but Connery lives comfortably in the Bahamas* and won't go back to Scotland until it seperates from the U.K.

*(My best friend goes to the Bahamas once a year and has met him numerous times. He has even been to Connery's house. No joke.)
Quote:
Connery was great in LC but I want them to avoid going back to the old films. Leave the dead dead.
A sentiment we both share. Henry Sr. is dead.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #67
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo

*(My best friend goes to the Bahamas once a year and has met him numerous times. He has even been to Connery's house. No joke.)

That sir is impressive. I don't think I'll ever get that chance considering he's 80.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #68
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
I believe he now spends his time on roses, Tanagra figurines, and Debussy.
He also likes to golf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile
It's a pity really because I thought they killed off Henry Jones Senior too cheaply i.e. without any dramatic effect/consequence in KOTCS - other than Indy feeling a bit isolated and down. Better if they'd kept him alive, and off screen, or have some significant on-screen ramification of his death that drove Indy through the quest.
I, somewhat, agree with this, Darth. According to expanded-universe-Indy-lore, Henry Sr. would've been 85 in 1957. Had he still been alive at that point:

"I've jusht resheived thish shtrange letter from Harold Oxshley...but I'm a dying man, Junior. Thish is a tashk deshtined for you, boy."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
That sir is impressive. I don't think I'll ever get that chance considering he's 80.
Yes, I'm very jealous of my buddy since his sister is friends with Connery & lives in the same neighbourhood (this is the very 1st time I've ever mentioned it here at The Raven). He has some fun stories, that's for sure!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #69
emtiem
IndyFan

Oddly enough I also know someone who's been to his house there quite a few times! And yeah... stories...

I don't think I want him to bother doing any films or anything: enjoy your retirement Sir Sean.

I think this was the last time I saw him on telly and he sounded a bit frail then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtgAuy1rmA
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #70
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtiem
I don't think I want him to bother doing any films or anything: enjoy your retirement Sir Sean.

I think this was the last time I saw him on telly and he sounded a bit frail then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtgAuy1rmA

He does sound frail, but if you think about it, its not bad for 80-something years old. I will definitely shed some tears when Connery passes.
Dr. Gonzo thinks a moment
Wow that was morbid. Sorry I brought the conversation down that road
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #71
moon_tan
IndyFan

Well, all of us men will have to face Old Father Time. We have used our body so much, that eventually our hips and legs have had it. Michael Caine said himself, his friend Sean Connery was not moving around much.
I would love to see Sean Connery make an appearance in SKYFALL (2012), even if they have to use a green screen.
They are allowing Connery to have his dignity. Traveling in your 80's, can be embarrassing. It's important to stay home where you can be safe and near your medication and loved ones.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #72
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
I can see why they did it, apart from Connery not wanting to be involved: Indy having reconciled his relationship with his father in 1938, we might expect that to be reiinforced in 1957. They gave us that with the photo on the desk, while at the same time making a clean break: there's no going back.

It wasn't an ideal situation, as the relationship of the father and older son (Indy) was more compelling than that of the father and the younger son (Mutt).

KOTCS was creating a climate of isolation for Indy, readying him for marriage and family. That wasn't ideal either.

I agree - I see why they did it... I just thought the net result wasn't worth it. I also agree that they tried to recreate a dynamic in KOTCS that, unfortunately, could not match the one in TLC (as we've discussed in other threads).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
"I've jusht resheived thish shtrange letter from Harold Oxshley...but I'm a dying man, Junior. Thish is a tashk deshtined for you, boy."
LOL - I can just imagine it...
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #73
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Wait... theres an Indy 5?
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #74
emtiem
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Wait... theres an Indy 5?

Yeah, it was the best one yet. But we decided you wouldn't like it.
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #75
Toht's Arm
IndyFan

Connery in Indy 5 would never happen, and I seriously hope they don't go down the route of having Indy looking for a missing person AGAIN. Enough of that. I can deal with another family outing (we're never really going to have Indy on his own again, are we?) but at least make it that he isn't simply following in someone else's footsteps.
Toht's Arm is offline   Reply With Quote