Summer Movies so far

roundshort

Personally I thought War of the WOrlds blew although it might be one of Tom Cruises best acting preformances, but I feel no need to watch that movie ever again. Batman begins, like I said ok movie, but am so sick and tired of the Top Secert Mt. Top ninja school think (although Kim Possible does it best, love that Monkey Power!)
Willy Wonka was so-so, I think they wanted Jim Carry (sp) for the part not Johhny Depp.
Fantastic Four was fantasticlly lame, possible the lames superhero/super villian show down ever, (script wriritng 101 see Spider Man)
please help bored and looking for movies!

Well, I got dragged to 'Dukes' for a chums birthday (The things I do for my f-n frends, maaawn)

I'll give it this... some of the blooper reel at the end was funny... The movie however stank like a dock-side hooker at low-tide....

indifan101 said:
Here's mine.

1. War of the Worlds
2. Star Wars
3. Cinderella Man
4. Fantastic Four
5. Batman Begins

I didn't really like Fantastic Four nor did I care for Batman Begins. Although War of the Worlds was thee best movie Iv'e seen this summer. Cinderella Man was great too.

Mine would be as follows...

1. Batman Begins
2. War of the Worlds
3. Star Wars
4. Fantastic Four
I wanted to see Cinderella Man but I didn't get a chance.

Did anyone see House of Wax? It sucks, oh boy, does it suck!

KDuncan

Yeah, although I'm not sure how long you would want to watch penguins walking for miles... and miles... :whip:

Although I am into ornithology a bit, so it does look somewhat interesting.

HovitosKing

I forgot to mention Cinderella Man...which some of you are interested in seeing and others have already seen. It was a great flick, definitely one of the better movies of the summer. Let's face it, though...Hollywood's biggest slump in history didn't come without just cause. Stop spending more time planning the advertising campaign than the script and we'll come to the theaters.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
My ranks...
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 8.5
Fantastic 4 - 7.5
Epsiode III - 9
Batman Begins - 8

I haven't seen many movies this summer, but this fall/winter will be different. With Harry Potter, Narnia, Zorro, and others coming out I'm going to be busy watching movies!

Paden

HovitosKing said:
Stop spending more time planning the advertising campaign than the script and we'll come to the theaters.

Couldn't agree more. Hollywood has been infected for some time with a horrific lack of originality.

Personally, Batman Begins has been the highlight of the summer thus far. The best film treatment of the character thus far, in my opinion. Revenge of the Sith was a close second: the best film of the three Star Wars prequel films. I saw Fantastic Four at the insistence of my son. It was visually interesting, loud, momentarily entertaining, and ultimately forgettable.

I have a longtime interest in boxing, so Cinderella Man has piqued my interest for a while, but I haven't managed to get to the theatre to see it. Everything I've heard about it has been positive.

roundshort

Thank you, I liked the Island, and was it just me, as I don't watch T.V., this seemed like a movie that did not have a mega advertising pitch.

indifan101

Paden said:
Couldn't agree more. Hollywood has been infected for some time with a horrific lack of originality.

Personally, Batman Begins has been the highlight of the summer thus far. The best film treatment of the character thus far, in my opinion. Revenge of the Sith was a close second: the best film of the three Star Wars prequel films. I saw Fantastic Four at the insistence of my son. It was visually interesting, loud, momentarily entertaining, and ultimately forgettable.

I have a longtime interest in boxing, so Cinderella Man has piqued my interest for a while, but I haven't managed to get to the theatre to see it. Everything I've heard about it has been positive.

Paden this is the movie for you. Cinderella Man was a wonderful heart warming movie. I rate it 5 stars!