Friday the 13th and Indiana Jones

The Drifter

If this has been mentioned before, I give Finn my blessing to delete this topic, and throw me to the dogs.

Has anyone ever noticed that Fedora is the same guy who plays the camp director in Friday the 13th part V? The actor's name is Richard Young.

I never knew that until I was watching the movie again today.

Nurhachi1991

I have see Last Crusade and Friday the 13th part 5 way to many times and I never knew that haha thanks for pointing that out!

DoomTown

Lonsome_Drifter said:
If this has been mentioned before, I give Finn my blessing to delete this topic, and throw me to the dogs.

Has anyone ever noticed that Fedora is the same guy who plays the camp director in Friday the 13th part V? The actor's name is Richard Young.

I never knew that until I was watching the movie again today.

THROW HIM TO THE DOGS!!!!!! haha j/k ;)

GoodFella

This may have been discussed before, but, if not, then I guess this thread is as good as any. Does anyone know why they made Fedora to physically resemble Indiana Jones so much. I always found that odd. They could have made him look like any other "grave robber" like his associates, but instead they made him almost look exactly like Indy. The jacket, the shirt, the pants, the stubble, and of course the hat. I understand they wanted to have him give young Indy the hat, but that doesn't mean his clothes have to resemble Indy's so closely. Any thoughts?

The Man

GoodFella said:
This may have been discussed before, but, if not, then I guess this thread is as good as any. Does anyone know why they made Fedora to physically resemble Indiana Jones so much. I always found that odd. They could have made him look like any other "grave robber" like his associates, but instead they made him almost look exactly like Indy. The jacket, the shirt, the pants, the stubble, and of course the hat. I understand they wanted to have him give young Indy the hat, but that doesn't mean his clothes have to resemble Indy's so closely. Any thoughts?

You'd have to assume that the young Indy used Fedora's overall style as a template of how to dress - not only the hat...

roundshort

and on this Friday the 13th!

I hope you all make it through the night!

I live off a road called Crystal Lake, which deos have a small lake (Guess the name) We might have to hang there tonight!

Dr. Gonzo

Well this has been quite an eventful friday the 13th for me. I just completed the first draft of my latest spec script. It clocks in at 161 pages which is way too long, but revisions are to come. And all day it was thunder-storming in Los Angeles. Quite fitting for the mood and ending of the script. Now as customary for me, champagne and a film to celebrate.

...and It's gonna be Friday the 13th part V just for the Fedora connection.
102510_2235_themanwhoma1.jpg

Oh and, stay safe Roundshort.

The Drifter

This has nothing to do with Friday the 13th, but I was watching Netflix last evening and started to watch Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd and was pleasantly surprised to see that Denholm Elliott had a very prominent role in the film.

I also watched Coming To America with Eddie Murphy and seen that Deborah Nadoolman as the Costume Designer for that film.
That's two Indiana Jones links in two Eddie Murphy films. Maybe there's more?
Also, I didn't wish to make a new thread just about this small bit of info, so I stuck it here. I hope the mods understand.

The Drifter

Sorry for the double-post, but Dan Akroyd is also a link from an Indiana Jones movie as he played Art Webber in Temple of Doom. That's three!