How to do up an INDY themed wedding? Any thoughts?

A2Steve

Hi, all,

It's been a while since I was on here, but other things had my atention to the past few months... :D

Anyway, looking to plan a wedding reception back home in the USA; I'm in Korea right now, and the future Mrs. Steve will be a local. I want to take her back to see the wonders of America, then over to the yawns of suburban Michigan for a Reception. And believe me, URBAN Detroit and the 'burbs really are two different worlds....

But I digress. Any ideas on what to do? INDY has been a God-send to me out here- if you need an image overseas, he's pretty good. I already had the villain, so now it's just a good finale I need.

I was thinking of the reception in a park back home. And maybe some Korean food along the buffet. They have exceptionally good fried chicken, believe it or not. But beyond that I'm not too sure.

I think the Indy theme will be played at the start- either that or "Modern Love" by David Bowie. I have about a year and some friends to help with the nuts and bolts. I think the music will be off an ipod and some speakers. That's the trend at keeping it cheap and simple I think.

I'd say go to Disneyland for the reception, but we're doing that this fall, with Tokyo Disneyland. Though the Indy ride is at another park there- but the hero must be honored, no matter the cost! :whip:

DocWhiskey

Well for starters, for a meal there's monkey brains, snake surprise, eyeball soup etc. :p

Or if you really want to go crazy you could try and replicate Indy and Marion's wedding from KOTCS looks and all.

Perhaps the groom as Indy and the bride could dress as their favorite Indy gal?

Have William's love theme play when you kiss?

Instead of wine, you could drink blood out of a rotting corpse head?

Alright, I'll stop.

A2Steve

Rhys135 said:
You should both run down the aisle with a boulder chasing you.

But that's pretty much EVERY wedding, isnt it? as least metaphorically?

I would like to do up the opening shot of Temple of Doom. She said she wouldnt sing and dance like that. :mad: and dont even ask me what she said to doing up "She Blinded me with science' by Thomas Dolby... (n)

But I do want a kareoke stage for people to sing. In Korea, though, it's called LURHIBANG. I feel like Bill Murray in "Lost in Translation" too. :p

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
An Indy style wedding would certainly seem pretty subtle in Korea compared to some of the crazy weddings they have over there.

Yeah, the feast from ToD was the first thing that came to mind. Perhaps the ring boy dresses up as Short Round. And you and the bride dress as Indy and who ever is your (and her) favourite Indygirl.

I personally like the copy the KOTCS wedding myself, though it would be more Indy-esque and costume obvious. And she still can wear the traditional white (the dress from Raiders would be a more glamoourous choice over the KOTCS wedding suit dress) and you could do LC Indy with a tie to formalise the outfit a little.

The love theme could be played down the aisle. It's a nice song at least!

I can just imagine the wedding video now (I was in the wedding video business a few months back) and can easily suggest which themes go where.

A2Steve

Thanks. i don't want to EXACTLY re-enact a scene, but have the same ambiance. and forget about the TOD banquet. I want these people to like me and her, and chilled monkey brains ain't gonna work....

and the reception is going to be stateside, in suburban Michigan. she already said I can't wear the Indy jacket, bullwhip, or shirt. But I was thinking of his tuxedo from TOD's opening number. and she'll probably bring a traditional Korean wedding outfit. that should be enough to wow the midwest folks. :whip:

Morning Bell

You could always just copy the last five minutes of KOTCS. Just make sure you have a fedora that can blow down the aisle.:hat:

Gear

DocWhiskey said:
Or if you really want to go crazy you could try and replicate Indy and Marion's wedding from KOTCS looks and all.

So basically like an average wedding?

A2Steve

I'm really more thinking of just an Indy-themed reception back home.

We'll probably getting married in Las Vegas itself, as I told her about the stuff there we could do. Now that she's really excited about! :whip:

I think the TOD intro is probably the best to use as a template. The actual star of the show WONT be a blonde, but she'll still like it.

Too bad she won't let me call her "Miss Sakamoto," like in the Thomas Doby video.... OR paint violin strings on her back. Well, I guess they're technically Bass strings, but the principle is still the same! :p

I guess there is a Miss Sakamoto on "Heroes," but she'll do. :D
http://theryancokeexperience.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/nicole-bilderback.jpg

Kevin

Snap your bullwhip around her waist and pull her onto the dance floor for your first dance.

Goonie

Rhys135 said:
You should both run down the aisle with a boulder chasing you.

Mother-in-law could play the part of the boulder. :whip:

(sorry, couldn't resist a mother-in-law joke):hat:

A2Steve

That'll be my kid brother- but he's got to shave the goatee.... (y)

It actually has to have a kareoke moment or two in there, so I'm working to install some of "Lost in Translation" into the 'ception too.

I wanted to relive the david bowie "China Girl" video where they're at the beach, but that'll have to wait 'til we get back to Korea- there's a nice semi-tropical isand that fits the bill...

I'm told I've come down with a case of "Yellow Fever," and if so, please don't cure me! :whip:

Sir Galahad

My ideas for a Indiana Jones themed wedding??

*How about making a replica of the Sankara stones and when each of you open it, there are the rings ready when the time comes during the wedding ritual.

*The Indiana Jones March is a must!!

*How about a scavenger hunt at the reception with maps and all?

*An Indiana Jones themed wedding cake. It'll be expensive, but I think it would be an awesome sight. Ace of Cakes should have a few ideas on their page.

*Some replicas of Indy artifacts can be used as decorations for the tables, cake table and bride and groom table.

------------------

Let us know how it goes and congratulations!!!

A2Steve

;) Yes, I plan on getting the RotLA headpiece off ebay for her to wear after the couple's dance.

I'm trying to decide on the couple's first dance song. "I'm Beginning to see the Light" off of the Swingers soundtrack came to mind, but maybe because it's also a song off of "The Matrix." In the background, when Neo meets the Oracle.... I know- I'm a movie geek and trivia geek.

Which leads to the other contender, "The Best is Yet to Come," from an episode of DS9. I only put that as a contender because I met Capt. Sisko at a movie/comic convention last year :p

Attila the Professor

Staff member
A2Steve said:
Which leads to the other contender, "The Best is Yet to Come," from an episode of DS9. I only put that as a contender because I met Capt. Sisko at a movie/comic convention last year :p

Yeah, now, that's actually a decent song. But don't do something ridiculous like use a ripped copy from the Star Trek episode. You're talking about Vegas anyway - go with Sinatra.

And I'm with WillKill4Food on the "skeptical about the whole idea" angle. Especially since you've mentioned at least a few things now that your wife-to-be was less than keen about. Are you sure she's not just humoring you?

It's a wedding...it should have some class.