First INDY fedoras

lguerra

So I ordered the Federation IV to day and got the confirmation EMail , and it should b her in a week or so . I want to thank everyone's for there advice , It came down to price and wait time. It made me think of my very first Indy fedora, it was a Disney s adventure fedora, this was way before the Indiana Jones Ride and shops came to Disney. The hat was a C dent, snap brim Probably a DP. I wore that hat out made me want to go to Disney land and get a new one , But what fallowed was a Howard Hughes Fedora From the Queen Mary . Probably also a DP but it had a white liner. I got The official DP fedora a year after . Dose any one remember these Hats or What was their first Indy Fedora?:hat:

indyclone25

my first indy hat was my stetson from 1984 i bought it just after temple of doom came out , i have the indiana jones pin it came with somewhere. and then many years later i got my dp that was in 2008 and after that it was all todd's hats .

fenris

My first was a Christy's Adventurer I bought from a COW member, Texan Scott. It tapered on me so I reblocked it on my own... got the taper out, but shortened the crown in the process. It looks too short for an Indy hat now, but for the casual observer, I'm sure it still looks Indy.

Goodeknight

indyclone25 said:
my first indy hat was my stetson from 1984 i bought it just after temple of doom came out , i have the indiana jones pin it came with somewhere. and then many years later i got my dp that was in 2008 and after that it was all todd's hats .

Yeah, I just dug up my old Stetson. Not a good one. (Think it's a Stetson) Not SA at all. No lining, and a gold stamp of one-sleeve Indy resting the TOD sword on his shoulder.

Hat was really beat up from storage. Looks like some bugs or moths might have gotten at it and thinned the material in some spots. As I've mentioned in other threads, I'll clean it up, try to shape it a bit, and soon pass it on to my son as a surprise.

lguerra

indyclone25 said:

Wow i remember those when they came out, i really wanted one , but could never find , then a few years later after last crusade came out , i saw one at the Queen Mary with the Howard Hughes hat i got, the stetson was like $125 i could only afford the Hughes hat was like $45, they looked the same but the stetson didn't have a liner. So i got the Howard Hughes hat:hat:

lguerra

goodeknight said:
Yeah, I just dug up my old Stetson. Not a good one. (Think it's a Stetson) Not SA at all. No lining, and a gold stamp of one-sleeve Indy resting the TOD sword on his shoulder.

Hat was really beat up from storage. Looks like some bugs or moths might have gotten at it and thinned the material in some spots. As I've mentioned in other threads, I'll clean it up, try to shape it a bit, and soon pass it on to my son as a surprise.

I think i am going to do the same with my old Fedoras , I Have the better ones in boxes, and some of the old DP are on the shelf.That's a good idea to pass them on(y)

IAdventurer01

My first one was an old Disney Indy hat, which I guess I now know as the DP. It was actually more black than brown - but as a 5-year old I really didn't care.

Currently, it's residing underneath my Penman. It makes a surprisingly good hat rack, and even when I'm off wearing my good one it makes a nice ornament for my room. :hat: