Indiana Jones Photo novel competition

hemble

Hi All,

There is a comp happening over at the indycast. Please read below info and if any questions send myself or Ed an email.

CONTEST - Win your own Deluxe Custom 3 3/4 Indy figure with thanks to Indycast Ron Hembling aka Hemblecreations

Entrants are to create a photo novel story using existing figures and playsets or you can use custom figures and playsets - the choice is yours. The photo novel can use Photoshop work as long as it has action figures and playsets in them.

The story would be INDIANA JONES and the MAYAN SECRET and the story needs to include Mayans - For example it could do some sort of secret treasure, secret Nazi base, a curse, the fountain of youth or yes even flying saucers.

The photo novel must be 4-5 pages long but can be longer if you want and it can be in any year from 1936-1960 that way Indy is still around so the imagination is the only thing holding you back. There will be only one major prize winner and that winner can pick ANY kind of DX 3-3/4" Indy they want. Take a look at our http://www.flickr.com/photos/indycast page to take a look at Ron's DX Custom figure. These are incredibly detailed versions of the figures with display box and the accessories.

The contest will run till 20th Feb 2014. You can register your interest by emailing me at ed@theindycast.com

Ron

Lance Quazar

Wait, which figures are eligible to win? For a Hemble original, it definitely sounds worth it!

This sounds like lots of fun, but kinda wish they didn't tie our hands with that prosaic title.

But, I guess having SOME limitations and/or common elements amongst the entries makes sense......

hemble

Lance Quazar said:
Wait, which figures are eligible to win? For a Hemble original, it definitely sounds worth it!

This sounds like lots of fun, but kinda wish they didn't tie our hands with that prosaic title.

But, I guess having SOME limitations and/or common elements amongst the entries makes sense......

Hey LC,

If I'm understanding you correctly you can use any figures 3-3/4", 7", 12" ect and they can either be figures/playsets you brought or figure/playsets that are custom made.

I thought of the title solely for the limitations aspect, I wanted to see what people could come up with and yes I know I'm evil;)

Ron

Lance Quazar

I'm sorry, I meant "which figure(s) are the PRIZE????"

Like I said, the chance to get my hands on another original Hemble Creation™ is very tantalizing!

hemble said:
I thought of the title solely for the limitations aspect, I wanted to see what people could come up with and yes I know I'm evil;)

Yeah, I understand the desire for the limitation. Just means I can't use any of the ideas I've been kicking around in my head since the toys debuted in '08!*

*(or can I???)

Lance Quazar

hemble said:
Hey LQ,

Sorry mate I got your initials wrong.

Ron

No worries!

But please clarify - which figures are eligible for the PRIZE???

(SO many pictures on that link....couldn't figure out which ones are available to win!)

hemble

Hey LQ,

The figure and dio is up to you as the winner you let me know what type of DX figure and dio you would like and I will build it for you.

The only limitations is the size of the dio which I still need to decide on but I will let everyone know within the week.

Ron

hemble

Hi All
I have had people email me and ask me what type of materials you can use for their photo novels and the question to that is anything you want.

I have made a small interior of a Mayan Temple and have done a tutorial for it here http://www.hemblecreations.com/tutorials.htm so you can get an idea of what to make and what goes into a custom dio.

I have also made a small and crude photo novel and I do mean crude ;D as well for a little fun and tha is here http://www.hemblecreations.com/indy photovovel contast.htm.

The pics are a little on the large side as I have no idea how to minimaze them without loosing the quality of the writing, I do apologize for this so enjoy and LMK what you think.

Also I have been asked about the size of the dio and I have decided that the dio can be as follows

1 - 7" long x 6" wide x 7" tall for a single one sided dio.
or
2 - 6" long x 7.5" wide x 6" tall for a double sided dio

Ron

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

Said it elsewhere, but that Mayan dio is another Hemble masterpiece!

If it's even possible, you've made me even MORE eager to try to win!

However, as long as we get some cool entries, I'll be delighted either way.

:)

Get cracking, folks!

hemble

Hi All,

Hey LQ - Thanks again buddy and I recieved an email from ED today and there are a few people who are doing their photonovels including a 1/6 so this is looking to be a great comp indeed.

Ron

Lance Quazar

hemble said:
Hi All,

Hey LQ - Thanks again buddy and I recieved an email from ED today and there are a few people who are doing their photonovels including a 1/6 so this is looking to be a great comp indeed.

Ron

That is FANTASTIC!!!

I emailed Ed myself, realizing I neglected to "officially" announce my intentions.

Time to get to work!

hemble

Lance Quazar said:
That is FANTASTIC!!!

I emailed Ed myself, realizing I neglected to "officially" announce my intentions.

Time to get to work!

Well done mate I really can't wait to se wait you are doing.

Ron

hemble

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the comp has been extended till the 28th Feb 2014. So get cracking and can't wait to see all those great entries.

Ron

hemble

Hi All,

I have just been over to the indycast flicker page and Ed has put all the photo novels up. I thought it would be better to use the indycast lick instead of adding all the pics in this section so enjoy and as soon as I get the results back for the winner I'll post the lucky person name up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/indycast/

Ron

hemble

Hi All,

The winner has been picked and will be announced on the indycast episode 185 so keep an ear out for it on Monday.

Ron