What's in Indy's Bag

Pale Horse

Staff member
Many moons have passed since I have posted a thread, mostly because if you don't have something to say, why...(nevermind)

So here is a small thought I had, and it might as well fall into the category above...

What is in Indy's Satchel? It doesn't seem the sort of thing that a true archeologist would carry around; it's too small for any significant artifacts, with the exception of the grail diary, he doesn't carry any books in it. He never has it with him when he needs it, like in a library or in his classroom, and when it is with him it always gets in the way (see LC). So my question to all of us is "What does he have it for?"

Answers can range from the most sincere to the most bizarre, so that OT concerns are less of a problem...just don't say a car.

Indyologist

Good question, my man. Let's see...
* A change of clothes (possibly)
* His glasses (definately)
* notebook and pen (fashionable kept closed with a rubber band-- love the way he "snaps" it on in Raiders in the Well of the Souls)
* Address book with contacts (this could also be in his notebook)
* His money, passport, other important papers (although Indy also keeps money hidden on his person just in case-- like in the lining of his jacket. Indy knows the cardinal rule of toting money-- NEVER carry all of it in one place.)
* Pocketknife
* shells
* Khaki colored condoms
* Coupon for a 2 for 1 drink special at Hooters in Tanzania. (okay, I obviously those last 2 up, but hey, the condoms are at least a good idea. Wouldn't want to accidently make up an unexpected Indy IV plot line...)

MP3

Well, if you've ever played Emperor's Tomb, you'd know; he keeps just about everything other than his pistol and whip in there - canteen, extra ammo, medkits, knives, grenades (OK, the last three weren't realistic movie-wise, but in the game it makes sense ;)), small artifacts, and various plot-based items - e.g. in ET that would be things like the Pa Cheng, while in ToD he keeps the Sankara Stones in there, and in LC (like you mentioned) the grail diary.

BTW, Indyologist, he doesn't snap the rupper band on in the Well of Souls - he does that in the Map Room.

00Kevin

Indyfan
apalehorse said:
What is in Indy's Satchel?

The latest Issue of Playboy!, plus the receit for the lifetime subscription to playboy..........somethings no adventurer is comeplete without ;)

Yolegoman

00Kevin said:
apalehorse said:
What is in Indy's Satchel?

The latest Issue of Playboy!, plus the receit for the lifetime subscription to playboy..........somethings no adventurer is comeplete without ;)

*Raises eyebrows slightly*

Yolego, who likes TheRaider.net better than Brickfilms.com, because they don't care what your post count is here

00Kevin

Indyfan
what can I say? all really good forums and threads have been locked/deleted or soon will..or have been overrun by fasttalking newbies

so here we go.......

(yeah, I know finn would say something like 'yeah! deleted because they were OT like this one *lock*' but then again: NO THEY HAVN'T..there finn, I saved us both the trouble of 1 round of arguement...something this board sees too much of these days ;))

Yolegoman

00Kevin said:
what can I say? all really good forums and threads have been locked/deleted or soon will..or have been overrun by fasttalking newbies

so here we go.......

(yeah, I know finn would say something like 'yeah! deleted because they were OT like this one *lock*' but then again: NO THEY HAVN'T..there finn, I saved us both the trouble of 1 round of arguement...something this board sees too much of these days ;))

Want to see arguement? Head over to the Brickfilms.com forums... I migrated here cause I couldn't take it anymore! :D

Yolego

00Kevin

Indyfan
Yolegoman said:
00Kevin said:

so here we go.......

Want to see arguement? Head over to the Brickfilms.com forums... I migrated here cause I couldn't take it anymore! :D

Yolego

(dude...I've been complaining for a week about all the arguements on the raven!)

HovitosKing

The real answer...

Those term papers which STILL haven't been graded by Last Crusade. You know you always pack some work to take with you on these excursions, thinking that you'll find some time to catch up, but you never do. And do the students understand when you get back? No!

westford

Re: The real answer...

HovitosKing said:
Those term papers which STILL haven't been graded by Last Crusade. You know you always pack some work to take with you on these excursions, thinking that you'll find some time to catch up, but you never do. And do the students understand when you get back? No!

Wow! I think you're onto something here... Y'know, I asked my old lecturer to write me a reference before he went digging over the summer, but he only got around to it last week. It wasn't that he'd forgotten, he was just too busy beating up Nazis!

Anyway, we know he doesn't keep spare ammo in there (ToD), or one of those Survival Guides that tells you how to land a plane in an emergency* (LC). I reckon he must have some deodorant in there, cos no matter how hot and weaty he gets (calm down Canyon! ;)) the girls never complain about him having bad BO...

*I've got one, but I never carry it around either. Maybe I should, just in case...

Indy Benson

-The Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook
-the world's first GPS system (using birds instead of satellites)
-a magic map (a map that changes to whatever location Indy is in)
-a few rounds for his pistol
-some beef jerky
-a canteen of water
-a change of underwear
-a jar of hat cleanser/polish

Finn

Staff member
Jastro_Indy said:
A two foot long ramp. (Infernal Machine)
Not two feet. Two <i>meters</i>.

Plus all those other guns he's not holding on his back. Actually the thing with the gun changing to other irritated me so much that I played thru the nearly whole game by using only the machete and revolver.