Lawrence Kasdan Raiders script

Z dweller

Moedred said:
The first draft. June 15, 1978.
http://www.theraider.net/films/raiders/screenplay.php

It's different and you've never read it before. Tracked it down myself. I dig Indy stuff from the seventies. Collecting is a bit more focused that way.
Thank you Mo !

I particularly liked some clever little details which didn't make the cut for various reasons, like the references to the second Sino-Japanese war in the Shanghai scene (which was cut altogether) and Jules' pointing out the necessity of taking precessional changes into account for the map room calculations (which was simply taken out).

They add depth to this first draft, and in a way offset Indy's less academic persona.

Stoo

Moedred said:
The first draft. June 15, 1978.
http://www.theraider.net/films/raiders/screenplay.php

It's different and you've never read it before. Tracked it down myself. I dig Indy stuff from the seventies. Collecting is a bit more focused that way.
HOLY MOSES! I just got back from vacation and this treasure was awaiting. THANK YOU, MOEDRED! You have a generous soul.(y)

Indy stuff from the '70s = YES from me, too.;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Moedred said:
I dig Indy stuff from the seventies. Collecting is a bit more focused that way.

Imagine an 85 year old Harrison Ford staring as Indiana Jones living in the decade of disco and decadence searching for the lost manuscript last seen in Hawaii...of his past life as another person.

Don't laugh. There are many here who would welcome the irony.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Some good interviews out there related to his new ILM documentary on Disney Plus.
"They knew he wore a hat. He had a whip. They knew his name was Indiana after George’s dog, but when they started describing the kind of guy he was, it rang many, many bells for me because my favorite movies have always been the Bogart movies where a guy has to … He doesn’t want to do the right thing, but he has to. And Westerns where someone is resisting engaging in the fight, like “The Magnificent Seven.” They do it out of altruism. And “Seven Samurai,” they’re not going to make any money — it’s the same story — but they can’t resist. What is good in them is stronger than what is reckless and uncaring, and I really relate to that kind of character."