Dark Horse Omnibus volume 1

phantom train

Quote:

"Indy 4 has got me stoked for a couple reasons. Of course the fact that we get to see a new movie, but I am equally excited about all the merchandise in different mediums it will spawn. Indy 4 will revive Indy stories in comics and novels, video games and toys for years to come....that excites me incredibly!!"

I agree 100%. Though I am really looking forward to the new IJ film, I may be looking forward even more to the new YIJC DVD's, the reprints of the Marvel comic, new IJ figures, etc. I think it's fairly obvious to everyone that if it weren't for the new film, we would almost certainly be waiting a lot longer for all of these re-issues (we may even have waited forever - ha ha).

LaoCheRules!

Omnibus sad news

I hope you guys do realize that the Omnibusses are smaller in size than regular TPBs, about the size of a Reader's Digest magazine (size, not length).

And there will probably only be 1 cover in the book per series and definetly not full size.

yodazone

I checked out the new Star Wars Tales of the Jedi Omnibus and it's real tiny too. Dark Horse keeps pushing the smaller manga size format and it's affected the omnibuses line.

:whip: :whip: :whip:

metalinvader

Little Indy said:
So did I understand that right, Marvel is reprinting some of the old Indy issues?

Dark horse is reprinting the whole series in a Omnibus.I wonder if it includes the movie adaptions?

phantom train

Quote:

"I hope you guys do realize that the Omnibusses are smaller in size than regular TPBs, about the size of a Reader's Digest magazine (size, not length).

And there will probably only be 1 cover in the book per series and definitely not full size."

Thanks for the info. I knew about the smaller size of the book.

However, I didn't know about the covers - do you mean that they won't reprint all of the covers of each individual comic they are reprinting? If so, that would be unfortunate. I'm a completist, and it's the covers that really make some comics exciting (even if the covers don't match the action inside completely).

This would especially be unfortunate in the Marvel comic Indiana Jones series, since Marvel typically had some fantastic (though exaggerated) covers. With the Dark Horse IJ series, it seemed like some of the covers were reproductions from scenes in the films. Though cool, they weren't always that original.

Arab Swordsman

phantom train said:
Quote:

"I hope you guys do realize that the Omnibusses are smaller in size than regular TPBs, about the size of a Reader's Digest magazine (size, not length).

According to Amazon, the Star Wars Omnibusses are 8.9 x 6 inches so if the Indy ones are the same size they shouldn't be that bad...slightly bigger than a Reader's Digest.

yodazone

Yea, alot of people call the smaller format the "brick" format where the size is literally the size of a brick. I've seen the new omnibuses from Dark Horse and the art panels have real shrinkage to them due to the new format.

I prefer the regular Trade paperback size or even an "Absolute Edition" format over the new "brick" books.

(n) (n) (n)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I am happy about one thing. I went to my favourite comic book store on Sunday and found out that they will be getting the Omnibuses and Sideshow figures! Yay!!!!(y)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The details in the Indy comics (which ceased a decade ago) aren't that lavish. The Marvels are worse. They could reprint even smaller and lose nothing. But the covers are easily the best feature and must be included.

yodazone

Here's another Omnibus article:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3821&Itemid=99

---------------------------------------------------------------
Indy returns in 2008 with Dark Horse's Indiana Jones Omnibus!
Monday, 03 December 2007

This February, Indiana Jones is back in a massive volume recounting three of the most important discoveries in the career of the twentieth century’s most adventurous archaeologist!

Containing the long-out-of-print stories, “Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis,” “Thunder in the Orient,” and “Indiana Jones and the Arms of Gold,” this substantial anthology follows the intrepid Dr. Jones as he travels from Africa to Asia and nearly everywhere in between in a race against the Nazis for the world’s greatest treasures.

From lost cities, to ancient temples, to artifacts of legendary power, Indy will stop at nothing to preserve these prizes from the grasp of Adolf Hitler’s evil minions. With Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in theaters in May 2008, now’s the best time to catch up or brush up on the story, and the Indiana Jones Omnibus I is the perfect starting point.

“Three amazing adventures no longer lost in time,” says Jeremy Barlow, editor for the collection. “For Indiana Jones fans and readers rediscovering these stories, the release of this collection will be like unearthing forgotten treasure.”

The Indiana Jones Omnibus I collects the first three stories of the Indiana Jones comics series, and will be available in February 2008 for $24.95. Fans can be expecting new volumes of the omnibus to be released on a quarterly basis throughout the year. A comics adaptation of the film will be released simultaneously with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in May, followed immediately by an all-new Indiana Jones comics series. Indiana Jones Adventures—a digest-sized graphic novel designed for the enjoyment of young readers as well as adults—will be available this summer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When is the Dark Horse interview with the Indiana Jones comics creator team going to be up??

Dr.Sartorius

Does anyone think there will be any stores that will have Omnibus 1 in stock tomorrow (Jan. 30, the publication date)? If I can't find any place that has it I'll just buy it on Amazon...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Feb 6th? Australia shouldn't be too far behind that.... March maybe? I'll drop by the comic store on my way home from uni when I get back to uni.