Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Neither - they are both perfect

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

graz

I am of the view that Temple of Doom's ending is ALOT cheesier than the Wedding at the end of KOTCS. You know, Willie attempting to run off, Indy dragging her back with the whip, Short Round squirting them with water etc.

This isn't about which film is better, but which ending makes you SQUIRM more? (y)

Mrs_Fedora

TOD by far!

I watched it a couple weeks ago and thought: d*mn! that IS cheesy.
Girl wants to leave, get's caught by the hero's whip, smiles at him and aaaaaahh, they kiss. Q a bunch of really happy kids around them. End of movie.

I think Marion made it at least funny by throwing the flowers aside. Oh, and there were no bunch of happy kids around them.

Quickening

KOTCS by a huge, huge distance. "Quick, lets have Indy and Marion get married out of nowhere despite the fact that they only just met again after decades, there has been no buildup and nothing has been resolved. It'll make the fans happy."

Quickening said:
KOTCS by a huge, huge distance. "Quick, lets have Indy and Marion get married out of nowhere despite the fact that they only just met again after decades, there has been no buildup and nothing has been resolved. It'll make the fans happy."

Precisely. I squirmed at that. What sort of resolution was that? Completely slap-dash.

graz

Quickening said:

I can sort of see your point, but the only thing I would say is - how long after they left the Amazon was the Wedding? I mean, presumably Indy had to prove himself to the Feds, the Dean of the College appears to have been reinstated - so we must be looking a couple of months down the line surely?

Anyway just a thought - this thread is really supposed to be just a bit of fun so I don't want to turn it into KOTCS thread! :D

Quickening

graz said:
I can sort of see your point, but the only thing I would say is - how long after they left the Amazon was the Wedding? I mean, presumably Indy had to prove himself to the Feds, the Dean of the College appears to have been reinstated - so we must be looking a couple of months down the line surely?

Anyway just a thought - this thread is really supposed to be just a bit of fun so I don't want to turn it into KOTCS thread! :D

Yeah maybe but regardless, in terms of what the audience sees (which is what counts), it was rushed. Don't see why they just didn't have Marion leave with Indy without finalising it so solidly. Ambiguity is often better in these matters.

Quickening

mutt willams said:
they just wanted to have a happy ending, what did you expect them to do?

They could have developed it better or had a different happy ending. Every ending to the Indy films is a happy one but none of them come out of nowhere.

mutt willams

Quickening said:
They could have developed it better or had a different happy ending. Every ending to the Indy films is a happy one but none of them come out of nowhere.

you do have a point there, do you have any ideas on other endings?

Quickening

mutt willams said:
you do have a point there, do you have any ideas on other endings?

Well I don't want to derail the topic, but I really think that just finishing beside the sunken Akator would have been enough with some more dialogue. Some implication that Indy and Marion were going to give a relationship a try and that Mutt was at least warming to the idea of Indy as his dad. This way it leaves it open for all the fans to decide in their own minds how things went. It also doesn't tie Indy down for further adventures either on film, in books, games etc.

Quickening

mutt willams said:
i am beginning to agree with, you have a good point!

Thanks. The only trouble is I think it was good to show that Indy had not only been reinstated at the college but been "promoted" and you couldn't really do that by finishing at Akator. Unless Oxley made Indy an offer.

jonesissparrow

The ending for KOTSC felt rather limp to me the only good part about it was Mutt about to put on the Fedora and Indy and snatched it away like, "not today, kid!"

mutt willams

jonesissparrow said:
The ending for KOTSC felt rather limp to me the only good part about it was Mutt about to put on the Fedora and Indy and snatched it away like, "not today, kid!"

ya that was a good part