Dust McAlan and the Empire of the Serpent

Dust McAlan

Holy crow. It has been a long time since I've been on the Raiders forums. I was pretty active for a while back in 08-09 when Kingdom and Staff of Kings came out, but life and work and etc etc and all that happened. Now I've released a new book (which happens to feature a lead character with the same moniker as my user name) and when I Google search "Dust McAlan" guess what pops up? So, that said, I thought maybe the people of the Raiders forum might appreciate said book, as it's a historical fantasy in the vein of Indy.

Dust McAlan and the Empire of the Serpent is set in 1934, where treasure hunters make their fortune seeking artifacts and adventure. Dust McAlan is a daredevil racing pilot who spends his winnings to fund his own treasure hunting, and then donates his finds to the Los Angeles History Museum. But when a mysterious figure comes calling with the promise of discovering a mythical lost city, Dust finds himself racing the clock to prevent a powerful force from entering the wrong hands, and to save the life of the man who raised him. The book is designed to be an all-ages read, leaning towards the teen set, and features multiple illustrations throughout.

There's a Kindle version and a print version, and if you're reading this on May 3rd, the Kindle version is a free download today as a part of Free Comic Book Day. Anyways, that's my spiel, it's good to see the Raiders forums still thriving, and here's hoping Indy 5 actually sees the light of day sooner rather than later. Cheers!

kongisking

Good thing I saw this post today. Otherwise, it would have been too late for me to get a Kindle copy for free (I'm currently flat broke, so I wouldn't have been able to buy a proper copy). But seeing as its still the 3rd where I am, I'll gladly get the Kindle edition. May take a while to read this one, as I've got quite the list of books to catch up on, but at least now I'll have it. Huge congrats on getting published, man, and I hope I enjoy it!

Also, kudos for aiming at a younger audience. It often feels like the next generation is sorely lacking in interest in this genre, so its nice that your trying to reach them. Again, heart congratulations to you and your folks! :hat: