why is Mutt checking out guys?

caats

so at like 29:32 right after Mutt takes the beer off the waitresses thing, a female voice goes "nice jacket", and mutt turns around, looks up, sees a guy...looks down...back up..then down again in what looks like checking out his butt. i laugh every time.

James

Mutt thinks the girl is complimenting his leather jacket, turns, then sees she was actually referring to a Letterman jacket.

It was basically a way to distract Mutt, so that Indy could return the beer to the waitress' tray.

Indy's Fist said:
So caats would you have a problem if it were revealed that Mutt was bi or gay?

Uh oh,

Yeah I'd have a problem, much like the overt sex talk in Temple.

I have no problem with appealing to the raging hormone crowd. However there's a way to write dialogue that isn't so blunt and doesn't hit you over the head. He was supposedly a professor, it would have been more interesting for him to challenge her intellect and name the Primitive Rituals instead of dumbing it down. Having said that, he WAS talking to Willie, and Temple was ALL about hitting you over the head, dumbing it down and spoon feeding the story.

Anyway, I guess it wouldn't be a problem if they handled it tactfully and creatively. Unless it had some bearing on the story, why bother?

Shia DID play MacGruber's gay son when he hosted SNL, and it was hilarious.

Having said all that...Dr Mutt Williams, Transgender Adventurer is kind of catchy...
Mutt Williams and the Curse of Designer Clothing

:dead:

Everybody knows...

Short Round was the gay sidekick.

He hated Willie

Told Indy he loved him, while flaming him.

Gave the Maharaja THAT smile

and had the elephant hose Willie and Indy down so he wouldn't haveto see his man crush kissing a girl!

At least Mutt Checked out the girl in the Library...:dead:

Indy's Fist

Rocket Surgeon said:
Short Round was the gay sidekick.

He hated Willie

Told Indy he loved him, while flaming him.

Gave the Maharaja THAT smile

and had the elephant hose Willie and Indy down so he wouldn't haveto see his man crush kissing a girl!

At least Mutt Checked out the girl in the Library...:dead:

Shorty was NOT gay. He saw Indy as a father figure or maybe a close uncle.

DocWhiskey

Indy's Fist said:

Exactly.

The only part that made Shorty seem sort of *ahem* queer was when Indy tells him he's going to bring Willie some fruit and Shorty gives him that look and slowly backs up and whispers "That's all you better do" as he enter's Indy's bedroom.

But really he's-

WAIT, WHY AM I TALKING ABOUT THIS?!

The Man

DocWhiskey said:
Exactly.

The only part that made Shorty seem sort of *ahem* queer was when Indy tells him he's going to bring Willie some fruit and Shorty gives him that look and slowly backs up and whispers "That's all you better do" as he enter's Indy's bedroom.

Smart little Shorty: he even stole Indy's razor in the hope that Willie would be repulsed by the stubble-burns.

Indy's Fist said:

Come on he ran away from those dancing girls!

When the Maharajah didn't return his wave at the table, he told Willie maybe he likes Women...