Is it better than temple of doom?

Bantu_Wind

I Love Temple Of Doom!

No way is it better. TOD was great! I remember seeing it in the theatres and thought (still do) it was a great sequel. It wasn't a copy of Raiders like Last Crusade.

agentsands77

Overall, I find it a more satisfying watch than TEMPLE. But TEMPLE has the better individual moments... KINGDOM has nothing to match TEMPLE's first 15 minutes.

Peacock's-Eye

It lacks the relentless visceral quality of TOD, but scores for me with better characters (Mutt & Marion), more variety of locations, and a better ending (the coda). I also think the screenplay is better than Doom.

Crusade>Raiders

They are both really flawed movies, but I think Kingdom had a better screenplay(even though the script is balls) and a female sidekick who isn't annoying.

IndySeven

No, it is definitely not better than Temple of Doom!

TOD has a better storyline and is not as fast-paced as KOTCS is.:)

eroc

Two words...Magic rocks?:rolleyes:

The script of IJKCS blows IJTD away. The characters are deeper and there is a lot more going on in the new movie in terms of metaphors and analogies.

RocketSledFight

Temple loses big points in my opinion for not featuring indy in his professor mode. Crystal skull handled characters better, and although I'll always love the foreboding darkness of Temple, I will probably end up putting KOTCS in my DVD player more often when the time comes.

deckard24

RocketSledFight said:
Temple loses big points in my opinion for not featuring indy in his professor mode. Crystal skull handled characters better, and although I'll always love the foreboding darkness of Temple, I will probably end up putting KOTCS in my DVD player more often when the time comes.
He did wear the outfit though, and had a somewhat scholarly discussion over dinner!;)

After seeing KOTCS, what I thought would be the case came to fruition. It's nowhere near as good as TOD, but it's just about on par with LC!

Grave Robber

KOTCS beats neither ToD or LC. There was something missing from this new Indy flick, and didn't feel anywhere near as familiar as did the original three.

The CGI was too "bright and comic booky" (I compare it to that seen in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow) and I don't think Harrison Ford was the same Indy that we saw in the original three.

SwingingMonkey

TOD was fine. In fact, its probably Harrison's best ever performance (next to Witness). Indy 4 is a disaster for a Steven Spielberg film...its almost as if George Lucas directed it.

Jenos Idanian

At the moment Temple of Doom is my favorite of the four. I've rediscovered this movie recently. So no, Kingdom is a far cry from Temple.

Jim Tigernuts

I thought Harrison's performance in TOD was very cartoonish at times :)up:) but beautifully nuanced and 'heavy' in LC (and slapstick?*and badass!) in LC. So really, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is celluloid perfection.

Temple of Doom, on the other hand, is one of the most flat out entertaining films ever made, and fairly suspenseful at times. I don't get all these "too dark!" jibes; it's pretty over-the-top funny even during the 'scariest' parts.

I mean, Harrison Ford even starts to laugh after Willy spits on him, when he is in the Black Sleep of Kali!

Before the Amazon jungle camp, KOTC is a worthy and very entertaining film. After that point it becomes a forgettable, Mummy-style flick, not on par with its predecessors.

Mothy

FILMKRUSC said:
No. Temple of Doom is much better. Not even close in my opinion.

Agreed. KOTCS is ranked #4 out of the films for me, but it is not too bad. It is hard to reach the quality of the first three.

Kernunnos

KOTCS is miles bett than TOD in my opinion.

If KOTCS had been made in 84 and TOD was unleashed on us today, the fanboys would be busting their nuts about it.

RocketSledFight

Kernunnos said:
KOTCS is miles bett than TOD in my opinion.

If KOTCS had been made in 84 and TOD was unleashed on us today, the fanboys would be busting their nuts about it.

Fanboys have been doing that very thing ever since they started making sequels that weren't Raiders of the Lost Ark. This is no new trend.