I Kinda Like The 'Alien' Now

Flash Dixson

MaxPhactor23 said:
Wait...you're telling me to get a life? I'm not the one that's acting like anyone that disliked Crystal Skull is mentially ill. You're in dire need of the life. You act like this film is tied to your life force. If people hate it you'll die. Pathetic! Plus you might want to proof read your replies before you post them next time. Crystal Skull was not the same thing. Deny it all you like, fan boy loser. Now go get laid.
Max Calm the **** down.comments like that make you sound like a fanboy, because even though you are saying it to him it sounds like you are saying it to all people who liked the new Indy Movie. And people wonder why there is so much tension on these boards over the new movie, and it's comeback comments like this that just snowball into big aggressive arguements. So be Mature, don't get pissed, and ignore him.

IndyFan89

MaxPhactor23 said:
Wait...you're telling me to get a life? I'm not the one that's acting like anyone that disliked Crystal Skull is mentially ill. You're in dire need of the life. You act like this film is tied to your life force. If people hate it you'll die. Pathetic! Plus you might want to proof read your replies before you post them next time. Crystal Skull was not the same thing. Deny it all you like, fan boy loser. Now go get laid.

No your wrong, a fan boy is someone who eagerly awaits these films just so they can complain about them after they release, even Lucas knows that. I love how you got all that info from me out of just one sentence. You are sitting in a basement right now with nothing better to do than talk about how you hate CS. I was simply being optimistic as i was very dissapointed after my first veiwing. Now after i've seen it a couple more times and gave it time to sink in i like it more. Is it the best of the films? Not at all. Is it as bad as you say it is? Not at all. So don't try to turn the fan boy thing around on me, fanboys are angry little people like you.

Oh and by the way, this is me and my fiancée:

139561819269_3300.jpg

139638130693_3300.jpg

139638557061_3300.jpg

Sankara

Wrong!

Fanboys are like this: "Everything is sooo great!!! Everythings looks good!!! Amazing!!! Everything is perfekt!!!!"

True Fans are critical.

To the Aliens:

Ford and Spielberg were right. Aliens in an Indymovie was a bad idea by Lucas...

Quickening

IndyFan89 said:

139561819269_3300.jpg

139638130693_3300.jpg

139638557061_3300.jpg

Nice. Lucky guy. But just how DO you keep your Indy fandom a secret? ;)

Just kidding, actually Ive found that with me being obsessed with Highlander and Conan, loving Indiana Jones is the least of my problems when it comes to women. Nearly everyone loves Indy.

IndyFan89

Sankara said:
To the Aliens:

Ford and Spielberg were right. Aliens in an Indymovie was a bad idea by Lucas...

I totally agree with that. My point is that my post was attacked for simply being optimistic about it and trying to get over that Aliens was a joke. Go back and look at my old posts where i said that Aliens would ruin it, and alot of people faught with me for that.

Quickening said:
Nice. Lucky guy. But just how DO you keep your Indy fandom a secret?

Just kidding, actually Ive found that with me being obsessed with Highlander and Conan, loving Indiana Jones is the least of my problems when it comes to women. Nearly everyone loves Indy.

She loves Indy! She say's that she doesn't want me to be a robot clone that has to be doing what other guys are doing.

She also says that Indyfans are trendsetters because the fedora is coming back. Indiana Jones is to me as Fashion is to her.

MaxPhactor23

IndyFan89 said:
No your wrong, a fan boy is someone who eagerly awaits these films just so they can complain about them after they release, even Lucas knows that. I love how you got all that info from me out of just one sentence. You are sitting in a basement right now with nothing better to do than talk about how you hate CS. I was simply being optimistic as i was very dissapointed after my first veiwing. Now after i've seen it a couple more times and gave it time to sink in i like it more. Is it the best of the films? Not at all. Is it as bad as you say it is? Not at all. So don't try to turn the fan boy thing around on me. fanboys are angry little people like you.

139561819269_3300.jpg

139638130693_3300.jpg

139638557061_3300.jpg

Meh forget it. You're not worth it.

Last edited:

muttjones

Legendary Times said:
(y) (y) (y)
LOL Yeah, I know, my girlfriend thinks I'm nuts... and she's right!
:hat: :hat: :hat:

u go to the movies eight times and u hav a girlfriend???

wat mind control techniques are u using on this girl?

IndyFan89

MaxPhactor23 said:
Oh please! Don’t act like George Lucas has anything rational to say these days. Even his biggest of fans think that mans gone mad. Pssh! George Lucas probably wouldn’t even deny it. Don’t act like a mindless little lapdog. There are many kinds of fan boys. I’d deem any that think for themselves to be more respectable. You seem to think for Lucas. It’s like you’re inherently insulted if someone so much as dislikes a small aspect of Crystal Skull. Just how much does he pay you anyway? Oh and I feel the need to mention that you’re fairly humorous. You act like you know me so well, as if somehow your chubby cheeks have shown me up. You do realize that I actually rather like Crystal Skull. When did I say it was bad?!? I’d much rather do without the aliens, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Don’t put words in my mouth to benefit your abortion of an argument. I don’t hate the film and I certainly didn't think it was the apocalypse.

Only someone deeply self-conscious would actually feel the need to post pictures like this. The jokes on you. Please…don’t feel the need to lie about your sister. Maybe a kiss on the lips will do a bit more convincing, otherwise I’m guessing that by your acne scars…she’s a relative and not a fiancée. Girls aren’t from a galaxy far far away! I know it's hard to believe. I’ve never especially been fond of blondes anyway. They’re so incredibly overrated. I’ll opt for a woman with a brain and particularly not a member of my family. But hey, if it floats your boat then more power to you. Until then I suggest working on some things: <a href="http://www.proactiv.com/index.php?acnt=GHP00000&s_kwcid=acne%20cream|2539095138">Help!</a> Maybe it’s not too late. Does the double chin work on women these days? I knew standards dropped but this is a bit extreme. Hey...you opened yourself to critisism. And hypothetically if you’re not lying, which I find doubtful, brace yourself for her inevitable promiscuity in the future.

ROFL You should talk about being self-conscious, aparently i have struck a nerve with you when you have to attack my looks and my partners brain(wich has made me proud). Ask yourself, who's more bothered about this me or you?. You can beleive what you want, but i don't kiss my cousins and i don't have any sisters just one little brother.

When you say "You act like you know me so well" you have some nerve because i don't post much and i've never posted a review of the film, me and you actually have the same opinion on the film. "You do realize that I actually rather like Crystal Skull. When did I say it was bad?!? I’d much rather do without the aliens, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Don’t put words in my mouth to benefit your abortion of an argument. I don’t hate the film and I certainly didn't think it was the apocalypse."

"It’s like you’re inherently insulted if someone so much as dislikes a small aspect of Crystal." Skull So how do you know so much about me?

Anyways, i have a rule, i don't argue with people younger than 16 and and people that have nothing better to do than bash people on a forum for fun. You attacked my post before actually taking time to think about what i was saying and without knowing anything about me wich was very childish.

But whatever it's all good, lets just keep it friendly.

BTW Lucas is a retard and again you don't know what your talking about. LOL

(y) :hat:

Flash Dixson

Sankara said:
Wrong!

Fanboys are like this: "Everything is sooo great!!! Everythings looks good!!! Amazing!!! Everything is perfekt!!!!"

True Fans are critical.

To the Aliens:

Thats not true. You have to like things to be a fanboy? fanboys are anybody who makes too big of a deal out of there hobbies, or interests. For instance, a good example would be, the people who sent death threats to the writters of superman when they killed him in the comics. Or someone who gets way too pissed if someone says they didn't like a movie that they liked. Or another instance would be someone who gets realy pissed talking on message boards. You can be a fan of something, or be "critical" as you have stated, and still be a Fanboy. Infact most fanboys I know are way to critical, and trash people who don't like things they themselves like. So I guess you can say the average fanboy has both aspects.

P.S. If that was a shot at fans who liked indy, it was a little rude, because I liked it and I know many others who did, and we are not fanboys (though a few might be).

MaxPhactor23

Flash Dixson said:
Thats not true. You have to like things to be a fanboy? fanboys are anybody who makes too big of a deal out of there hobbies, or interests. For instance, a good example would be, the people who sent death threats to the writters of superman when they killed him in the comics. Or someone who gets way too pissed if someone says they didn't like a movie that they liked. Or another instance would be someone who gets realy pissed talking on message boards. You can be a fan of something, or be "critical" as you have stated, and still be a Fanboy. Infact most fanboys I know are way to critical, and trash people who don't like things they themselves like. So I guess you can say the average fanboy has both aspects.

P.S. If that was a shot at fans who liked indy, it was a little rude, because I liked it and I know many others who did, and we are not fanboys (though a few might be).

I would agree with this. Fan boys can go both ways. They can like or hate Crystal Skull.

Legendary Times

Audriana Jones said:
u go to the movies eight times and u hav a girlfriend??? what mind control techniques are u using on this girl?

Uhm, why yes. Are you telling me you haven't mastered any of the Jedi mind tricks yet? Hmmm. I'm so sorry, young padawan. :hat: :D

All kidding aside, going to the same movie eight times doesn't preclude anyone from having a girlfriend. Honestly, that's a weird opinion/viewpoint you have there, Audriana. But hypothetically, if I had a girlfriend who would get bent out of shape because of my movie habits, I'd drop her like a hot potato and move on. Immediately. My heart goes out to your boyfriend. Poor guy. :D

PS: She actually saw the movie with me 4 times. So yeah, my girlfriend's pretty badass herself!

Last edited:

muttjones

Legendary Times said:
But hypothetically, if I had a girlfriend who would get bent out of shape because of my movie habits, I'd drop her like a hot potato and move on.

yeh i just hate people who look at u differently because u enjoy something a bit more than others.

I saw your website
No wonder you hav a girlfriend.... youve met arnold schwarzenegger

Legendary Times

Audriana Jones said:
yeh i just hate people who look at u differently because u enjoy something a bit more than others.

Ooohhh, now I actually understand your comment! Scratch the your boyfriend remark then, even though it was meant in a kind-spirited, ribbing way! :hat: ...and go see the movie again!

Legendary Times

Audriana Jones said:
I saw your website. No wonder you hav a girlfriend.... youve met arnold schwarzenegger

Worked with him actually, for 6 years, but I'm also a tad older than you. Don't worry, you'll get there! :D

Grave Robber

I dunno I still can't accept the alien thing.

Although, what would have incorporated it better is George and Steven had pulled a Predator and had Indy fist fight the alien. I'm sure that would also be better than the fight with Dovchenko or w/e his name was lol.

michael

I thought it was going to be cheesy...maybe not cheesy looking...more like cheesy in the sense of being in an Indiana Jones movie...but I was really surprised how they pulled it off. The flying saucer taking off, I thought was awesome, a great scene visually with Indy on screen watching it...always being apart of some history.

Benraianajones

Michael24 said:
I liked the alien the first time I saw the movie. When we get to that close-up of it leaning in toward Spalko and getting that pissed look on its face, I actually got goosebumps. (y)

Same, I was actually surprised how tall it was next to Spalko when it leaned near her, looking quite meanacing.I felt quite sorry for Irina as she quivered in worry, I thought "What have you got yourself in to!". If you listen to the soundtrack also to where the alien is near her it does get quite tense, I just wish her death was a little more grusome (the fire lasted longer). I think if the film was a bit darker too, the alien could have come across as more evil than it does.

Athenee

To IndyFan89 and MaxPhactor23:

Are you idiots?!

Do your mothers know you write vulgar and hateful stuff like this on the internet?

And just how young are you guys, because neither of you are acting your ages!

If you want to talk about the aliens, fine. If you hate the freekin' aliens with a passion, what the heck are you doing posting on this topic?! Go to the 'we-hate-KCS' topics and let the folks who want to chat do so in peace!

If you hate KCS that much, why are you hanging out here? Seriously--why are you in this topic being negative if you could be in a different topic saying something constructive? Comments like "go get laid" and "don't take photos with your sister and lie about having a girlfriend" perpetuate the negative opinion of the general public that genre fans are teenaged boys who live in their parents' basement and have no lives. I've been fighting that image for most of my life, and forums like this continually perpetuate the myth of the geek genre fan. Why don't opera fans have this problem?

Let me explain how this movie got created: George and Steven wanted to make another Indy movie. They and Harrison and various scriptwriters couldn't agree on script topics for a long time. Given Harrison's age, they had to set the movie in the 50s. What movies were people watching in the 50s? B-movies consisting of mutant creatures, bug-eyed-monsters, the Red Menace, and anti-rock 'n' roll alarmist flicks. This is why Mutt is a rebel, the Russians are into ESP, and there's an alien skull.

The upside/downside: The length of time it took to agree upon a script defined the setting's era; that era defined the trappings and the macguffins. Now, if you wanted a movie set in a different time, you could have sent Harrison a few cases of moisturizer, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's vain or apt to lie about his age--or resort to cosmetic surgery to look younger. So you got what you got, and you have to deal with it. If you want the next movie to be different, write to Lucas and Spielberg--but be polite, and for Heavens' sake, check your spelling! (one of you spelled 'mentally' wrong)

What kind of movies do you think Indy would be going to in the 50s? We can guess that Marion would probably drag him to some musicals and romantic comedies, but what would Indy pick?

(p.s.: I kinda like the alien, too--but the title could've been shortened!)

Quickening

Athenee said:
If you want to talk about the aliens, fine. If you hate the freekin' aliens with a passion, what the heck are you doing posting on this topic?! Go to the 'we-hate-KCS' topics and let the folks who want to chat do so in peace!

Why is input from people who disliked the film less valid than input from people who liked it? The reason they are posting is because they love Indiana Jones and they were disappointed with the fourth film. That's all.

Flash Dixson

Quickening said:
Why is input from people who disliked the film less valid than input from people who liked it? The reason they are posting is because they love Indiana Jones and they were disappointed with the fourth film. That's all.
But there being completely rude, and idiotic. There not putting in input. There insulting each other, making fun of the others looks, they are acting mean and childish, and just plain pathetic. So if thats the kinda input they are adding to this discussion, they should definitley leave.