• Raiders

Votes: 63 42.0%
  • Temple of Doom

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • Last Crusade

Votes: 44 29.3%

• Total voters

oki9Sedo

I might add, if you're anti-Temple of Doom or Last Crusade, or for reasons best known to yourself, Raiders, set those feelings aside. Which film has your favourite score?

oki9Sedo

I haven't voted yet myself......Raiders will probably get my vote, but Williams very nearly surpassed himself with Temple of Doom.

Last Crusade had a excellent score as well, although its not as hummable.

metalinvader

Temple of Doom for me.I love the songs "Fast Streets Of Shanghai" and of course "Short Round's theme''.Top notch soundtrack all around!

oki9Sedo

metalinvader said:
Temple of Doom for me.I love the songs "Fast Streets Of Shanghai" and of course "Short Round's theme''.Top notch soundtrack all around!

I really loved how William's integrated Short Round's Theme and the Raider March together during the end credits.

sandiegojones

I like them all, but I'd have to say Raiders. The Ark theme has a very "old testament" power of God vibe, and the chase music is great.

I love Temple of doom though. The travel music and the raft slolom music are great too!

Tsar

Last Crusade is my favorite, particullary the Grail Theme. I also have to say that some of the best tracks from the movies were unreleased and are only avaliable via bootlegs. I hope they release the Complete Scores for all Indy movies with KOTCS, much like they released the Complete score for LOTR FOTR, which featured every peice of music from the movie, including the elf chants and even Gandalf's humming.

ReggieSnake

Tsar said:
Last Crusade is my favorite, particullary the Grail Theme. I also have to say that some of the best tracks from the movies were unreleased and are only avaliable via bootlegs. I hope they release the Complete Scores for all Indy movies with KOTCS, much like they released the Complete score for LOTR FOTR, which featured every peice of music from the movie, including the elf chants and even Gandalf's humming.
I certainly hope so too; I don't even have the soundtrack from TOD because it is so expensive to aquire on Amazon and ebay, though I have the other two.

Raiders takes the cake, partially because of the Map Room que; one of the best from the trilogy, I think. LC would come next though, the Grail theme is suberb.

oki9Sedo

ReggieSnake said:
I certainly hope so too; I don't even have the soundtrack from TOD because it is so expensive to aquire on Amazon and ebay, though I have the other two.

Raiders takes the cake, partially because of the Map Room que; one of the best from the trilogy, I think. LC would come next though, the Grail theme is suberb.

I think the music for the various action scenes is the best in Raiders as well, such as the airplane fight and truck chase. But the score during the rescue of the slave children, Indy's fight with the Thuggee and the bridge finale all come close.

The music during the tank chase Last Crusade is excellent too, but it doesn't have the fast-paced intensity or provide the adrenaline rush of Raiders truck chase score. Its more slow and lumbering, although thats appropriate, since the scene itself is more like that. Whereas the truck chase is about speeding around dangerous bends at 60km/hr and ramming pursuing cars, the tank's threat is about being a large, powerful beast of a vehicle rather than its speed.

Also the truck chase music is much catchier and more hummable.

Adamwankenobi

I like the Raiders soundtrack best because of three things: the Ark theme, the Indy/Marion love theme, and obviously because it was the first use of the Raiders march. (y)

torao

Moderator Emeritus
oki9Sedo said:
I really loved how William's integrated Short Round's Theme and the Raider March together during the end credits.

It's a shame but I just noticed that most recently. It's wonderful!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Last Crusade for me. It has a real sense of majesty when it ought to but is also the most fun in other parts, as in cues like the Scherzo and No Ticket. Also, I think the Raiders March is most powerful when used sparingly.

Indy's Fist

I love them all, but Raiders is my favorite. The Map Room and the Ark's theme are very haunting. Is it God's ark? Is it something else? Very moving. John Williams is God!

WhipItGood

RAIDERS tops my list and got my vote, but ToD is darned close behind for many reasons already discussed. LC is no slouch, but I like pieces of it more than the overall entirety. I rank them in release order... we'll see where 4 fits in soon.

DaveTheHutt

If I had to choose one to take with me to a desert island, it would have to be Raiders as it's the best 'overall package' IMHO.

That said, each film has brilliant musical moments - from TOD I love the Slave Children's Crusade and the Mine Car Chase, and from LC Indy's Very First Adventure and the Grail theme.

Like others here, I hope they do a 'Complete Indy Soundtrack' collection of some sort, with full music from all the films - I would love that! There are many musical moments from the films that have never been saved on CD.