Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 3? (Dark Horse)

UIMJ

I was happy to get the 2nd one, but the story was a little disappointing. I really hope they follow up with more of these, but I'm guessing that they won't. Any word on a third?

indyclone25

no word yet i went to the dark horse upcoming page and nothing!!!! let's just keep our fingers crossed tho.

UIMJ

Well, it's been 7 months since I posted this.... I have to assume that this is a dead series. It's an incredible shame too because these digests were fantastic. Great art direction and really fun stories.

What a waste to only go two volumes in.

I.M.J.

I can't believe it, but Dark Horse finally got back to me on this. Seriously.. I emailed their customer service team back on December 13, 2010 and they replied to me on February 18, 2011.

Their answer about the series?

Hi John,

Thanks for the email! Apologies for the delayed response.

Unfortunately at this time Dark Horse doesn't plan to publish more of the Indiana Jones Adventures Series.

We appreciate your interest in Dark Horse Comics.

Best,
Teresa

Dark Horse Comics, Inc.

Guess that's the end of that. Too bad because quite frankly they were the only Indiana Jones comics that I've read where I was excited to sit down with them.

Lance Quazar

Crap!!! The title of this thread is such a tease!!!

Well, I can't say that news is at all surprising, but thanks for going to the source.

I still say "Indiana Jones Volume 1" was the single BEST bit of expanded universe Indy material.....EVER. And I'm including Young Indy in that (though it's more of an apples/oranges kind of thing.)

Volume 2 was definitely a let down, but almost anything would have been. But I have learned to appreciate its (more limited) charms over the years.

A third installation would have been nice. But we need to accept the fact that Indy just isn't in the public consciousness anymore. The next generation doesn't care about Indy.

I'm finally at peace with that.

I.M.J.

Lance Quazar said:
A third installation would have been nice. But we need to accept the fact that Indy just isn't in the public consciousness anymore. The next generation doesn't care about Indy.

I'm finally at peace with that.

I agree... our generation can keep the spirit alive as much as we can, but a lot of properties like this one won't ever be as gripping to the younger generations as it was to us as kids.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
It's too bad that they gave a rather generic and long answer for "Not going to happen."

As for generations, yeah, it's a series that grabbed the attention of Generation X, but only coz they were there and Indy wasn't old frankly. I still think the series will have fans, just less and less as time goes on. Unless they do a *gasp* reboot. :rolleyes:

Canyon

So sorry to hear that Dark Horse will not be releasing any more Indy volumes. I wonder if this also applies to original comic series as well. :confused:

I actually got most of the Indy Dark Horse comics when they originally came out. There was a really cool memorabilia store near town and I used to get all of my comics there. :cool:

Darh Horse and Indy

I love DH but I guess Indy just doesn't make money for them. I remember back when in the 90s the planned Indiana Jones comic with Shngri La was cancelled I was very disappointed. After Tomb of the Gods, Adventures, and the old comic collections came out with Indy 4, hyped again, but I had a dreadful feeling it would be short lived.

Stoo

punisher5150 said:
I remember back when in the 90s the planned Indiana Jones comic with Shngri La was cancelled I was very disappointed.
Hey, 5150! Always good to hear from my fellow Indy & Van Halen fan.:hat: The Shangri-La story you mention: Do you mean "IJ and the Lost Horizon"?:confused:

punisher5150 said:
I love DH but I guess Indy just doesn't make money for them. I remember back when in the 90s the planned Indiana Jones comic with Shngri La was cancelled I was very disappointed. After Tomb of the Gods, Adventures, and the old comic collections came out with Indy 4, hyped again, but I had a dreadful feeling it would be short lived.
One every twelve months, isn't exactly a recipe for success...shame.

15020.jpg

yodazone

They should let the license go to Dynamite Comics instead of doing nothing with the character.

Dynamite would be a better fit for Indy anyway. Fans would get J.Scott Cambell drawn covers and multiple mini-series with alot of promotion. Or even IDW would be a good comic company for the character too.

I.M.J.

yodazone said:
They should let the license go to Dynamite Comics instead of doing nothing with the character.

Dynamite would be a better fit for Indy anyway. Fans would get J.Scott Cambell drawn covers and multiple mini-series with alot of promotion. Or even IDW would be a good comic company for the character too.

Amazing post here... I agree completely. Unfortunately it's not likely that it's going to happen. Dark Horse has those Lucas properties on lockdown.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
I'd kill for Zombies vs. Robots vs. Indiana Jones

Indy could stay with Dark Horse, and have a cool crossover with that other in-house paranormal investigator:

16942.jpg

And there could be zombies and robots, too!

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
Indy could stay with Dark Horse, and have a cool crossover with that other in-house paranormal investigator:

16942.jpg

And there could be zombies and robots, too!

Dude, our brains are on the exact same wavelength. Are we like the interdimensional beings, physically seperate but with a collective consciousness? Hellboy is one of my favorite pulp fictional characters ever, and to combine him with my other favorite pulp fictional character, it would break my Awesome-O-Meter.

And the coolest thing is that it could probably work, too! Hellboy began working as a field agent for the B.P.R.D. in the fifties, I believe, so we could see a rookie Red team up with the Jones family on a cool quest to stop Neo-Nazis.

Too bad Lucas is too protective of his franchises to allow official crossovers.

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
Dude, our brains are on the exact same wavelength. Are we like the interdimensional beings, physically seperate but with a collective consciousness? Hellboy is one of my favorite pulp fictional characters ever, and to combine him with my other favorite pulp fictional character, it would break my Awesome-O-Meter.

Yay!

Hellboy comics and novels are a great read - he's an engaging character (like Indy). Mignola has a fascination with myths from numerous cultures, so Big Red's world operates in a similar way to Indy's: all that weird stuff is happening just beneath the surface of normal life.

kongisking said:
And the coolest thing is that it could probably work, too! Hellboy began working as a field agent for the B.P.R.D. in the fifties, I believe, so we could see a rookie Red team up with the Jones family on a cool quest to stop Neo-Nazis.

Too bad Lucas is too protective of his franchises to allow official crossovers.

Indy would fit seamlessly into a Hellboy comic. Throw in a Kriegaffe and we could almost see Indy vs Kong!

Lance Quazar

I'm not sure I buy an Indy/Hellboy crossover.

After all, if they existed in the same universe, there's no WAY the government would have hired Professor Broom over Professor Jones to head up the BPRD!

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
I'm not sure I buy an Indy/Hellboy crossover.

After all, if they existed in the same universe, there's no WAY the government would have hired Professor Broom over Professor Jones to head up the BPRD!

That's okay, Broom could be it's Director of Intelligence and Jones it's Director of Operations. They'd have been a formidable team! ;)

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
That's okay, Broom could be it's Director of Intelligence and Jones it's Director of Operations. They'd have been a formidable team! ;)

As long as there's room in there for Marcus.

Ah, he and Broom were probably old roommates at Oxford or something...