2009 Indiana Jones Lego

Crack that whip

Wow, really? It must be a regional thing. Here all the 2009 sets are still on WM shelves, and not clearanced, though all the remaining 2008 sets were clearanced some months ago.

Jack Panix

I walked into Kmart this morning to find that they have many different sets in various themes on sale for $5 off, including Indiana Jones.

I picked up another Chauchilla Cemetery Battle for $14.99. Ten-dollar sets like the Ambush in Cairo aren't on sale, however (that one was sold out anyway).

My store carries all the new IJ sets except for the Temple of Doom. While not a great sale, every little bit helps, even if it's just five bucks off.

Crack that whip

Cool! :eek:

My local Kmart is generally in such dire shape that I tend to avoid it altogether these days, but if there's a chance of discounted Indy (and other) LEGO I'll definitely have to look into it ASAP.

Jack Panix

Speaking of sales, Toys R Us has the Jungle Cutter, Peril in Peru, and Fight on the Flying Wing discounted this week too. All three sets are 33% off TRU's regular price.

Crack that whip

Argh! My TRU is still out of commission. It's terribly frustrating to have missed out on all their sales for the past few months...
:(

Jack Panix

Then you're not going to like this:

Toys R Us [October 4-10, 2009]

"Bricktober" Sale: All LEGO sets are 15% off!

A few specially tagged sets are 30% off.

Free exclusive LEGO (Duplo) brick each week in October with any LEGO purchase. A new brick is released each Sunday. Collect all four and complete the spooky Halloween picture!

This week there are two bricks to collect: the Duplo block and the 2x8 base plate: front, back.

Jack Panix said:

I was able to pick up the Venice set and Airplane duel set today. They way the ad made it look they were supposed to be 30% off and I was a bit mad that they were only 15%. Well at least I got them, now I just need to find the Temple of Doom set and I think I have them all. I haven't been keeping up with the Lego all that much so I hope I didn't miss any. I did however have a $10 off coupon if I spent $100 or more and the two sets made it easier.

Does having all four brinks net you anything? If so I might have to go back over the next couple of weeks and pick stuff up. Not that I do Lego stuff anyway, but a few extra stuff might be worth it.

Jack Panix

Edward The Head said:
I was able to pick up the Venice set and Airplane duel set today. They way the ad made it look they were supposed to be 30% off and I was a bit mad that they were only 15%. Well at least I got them, now I just need to find the Temple of Doom set and I think I have them all. I haven't been keeping up with the Lego all that much so I hope I didn't miss any. I did however have a $10 off coupon if I spent $100 or more and the two sets made it easier.
I figured only the ones pictured in the ad were 30%, but I made the rare Sunday trip to TRU to find out what the other sets were going for. TRU's mark-up on certain sets tends to negate any benefits of getting them on "sale" there, so I try to be knowledgeable about MSRP and careful about what I buy at TRU.

Does having all four brinks net you anything?
You mean other than the satisfaction of owning a complete set? I may not get the rest of the bricks if they don't have any decent sales in the coming weeks. Had this 15% sale run for the entire month, I might buy a set a week. Otherwise I'm not paying TRU's mark-up just to get a few free Duplo blocks.

Here is a Indiana Jones set listing:

7195 Ambush in Cairo 2009
7196 Chauchilla Cemetery Battle 2009
7197 Venice Canal Chase 2009
7198 Fighter Plane Attack 2009
7199 The Temple of Doom 2009
7620 Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase 2008
7621 Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb 2008
7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure 2008
7623 Temple Escape 2008
7624 Jungle Duel 2008
7625 River Chase 2008
7626 Jungle Cutter 2008
7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull 2008
7628 Peril in Peru 2008
7682 Shanghai Chase 2009
7683 Fight on the Flying Wing 2009
20004 Jungle Cruiser [BrickMaster Exclusive] 2008
San Diego Comic Con Exclusive 2008
Lucasfilm Licensing Exclusive Star Wars / Indiana Jones - check this thread for more info

There are also LEGO keychains, magnet sets, and t-shirt(s).

Crack that whip

Jack Panix said:
Then you're not going to like this:

Toys R Us [October 4-10, 2009]

Free exclusive LEGO (Duplo) brick each week in October with any LEGO purchase. A new brick is released each Sunday. Collect all four and complete the spooky Halloween picture!

This week there are two bricks to collect: the Duplo block and the 2x8 base plate: front, back.

Indeed, I was most frustrated when I saw that in the TRU ad circular email (I'm on their email list). As a fan of LEGO in general, not just Indy, I really would like that (not to mention being able to take advantage of the sale - though of course given TRU's markups on LEGO, the sale might not bring them that much below their "regular" cost to begin with, but anyway...).
:(

Jack Panix

My TRU had nearly all the Toy Story sets out this morning. I didn't see the western one, Woody's Round-up though, which is probably for the best. As a big western fan, I think I want that one the most.

I did buy 7595 Army Men on Patrol. It's got 90 pieces and cost $12.99. It builds four green army men, complete with detachable display stands, and an army jeep. I'd like to see these display stands in different colors. The set features a new headgear element similar to the US M1 infantry helmet used during WWII. I see this set becoming a popular army builder among collectors interested in WWII dioramas.

The Army men could easily be integrated into a KotCS Area 51 display once the green heads & hands are swapped out for yellow or peach, whatever you prefer.

And the new Atlantis theme might work with Indy too...

Some box pics:
Atlantis Impulse Sets & Army Men on Patrol
Army Men on Patrol (back)

Jack Panix

I've seen all the January 2010 Star Wars sets at retail here, along with a few Ben 10, City, Atlantis, and Creator sets as well. Too bad Indy's not among them this time :dead:

SS Indy

A toy store over here in The Netherlands had two sets (Venice Chase and Cemetery Battle) in the bargain bins for half price! (y)
A few of the Hasbro figures were in there too.

Anyone else find any good deals in The Netherlands, or anywhere in Europe?

EddyW

What stores in the Netherlands? I take it there weren't any Last Crusade Hasbro figures right? I found a LC indy at Toys-R-Us some time ago, but that's all of the LC line I've seen here.

Rhys135

SS Indy said:
A toy store over here in The Netherlands had two sets (Venice Chase and Cemetery Battle) in the bargain bins for half price! (y)
A few of the Hasbro figures were in there too.

Anyone else find any good deals in The Netherlands, or anywhere in Europe?

Nice! I'd love to pick up those two sets on the cheap.

Forbidden Planet UK had the following in their January sale, but have now removed them from the site :-

Temple of Doom £29.99
Figh on the Flying Wing £19.99
Fighter Plane Attack £14.99

Argos are selling the Ambush in Cairo set for £6.99.

Off-topic, I got some Lego Toy Story sets yesterday. They are just as good as the Indy like, if a little pricy!

SS Indy

EddyW said:
What stores in the Netherlands? I take it there weren't any Last Crusade Hasbro figures right? I found a LC indy at Toys-R-Us some time ago, but that's all of the LC line I've seen here.

It was at Bart Smit, they had KOTCS Mutt and Spalko, Indy with Idol Trap, and the Sound FX Whip.
I've never seen any LC or TOD figures over here.

Weird thing is, I went to two Bart Smit stores yesterday and one of them didn't have any bargain bins at all, I think I got lucky on the Lego sets. :p

Crack that whip

The Wal-Marts around here have clearanced scads of LEGO sets from all themes, no doubt to make room for the 2010 sets (that's what clearancing is all about, after all, right?). The only Indy set I'm seeing at any of them now (clearanced or not) is Fighter Plane Attack, clearanced at at least two stores for $35, allowing me to finally pick it up today (and even at this price, I've gotten just one - for now).

Jack Panix

Not much clearance LEGO around here. After briefly carrying the '09 Summer releases, the Walmarts here dropped Indiana Jones completely with the holiday reset early in the Fall.

The only store in my area that still carries Indy is TRU (though I did see a lone Shanghai Chase at Kmart this morning). And TRU sales aren't really good enough to offset their price-gouging. I only saw one Indy set left on the shelf during today's visit - the Temple Escape, still priced at a ridiculous $71.