The Indy Cast

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Violet: Thank you so much for recording the Q&A session with Karen Allen!:hat: She always sounds like a delightful person and I'm glad that you bothered to ask John Rhys-Davis about "King Solomon's Mines". (Also great to finally hear the voice of our own Marion Fan Extraordinaire.):)

Thanks Stoo & everyone who listened to this edition (and every other edition before that) of the Indycast. Just one thing: having heard my voice now, could you please tell all those Aussies that have told me over the years that I sound American, that I don't!:gun:

However I do find it kind of funny that I'm still refered to as Violet (despite Ed saying my real name a couple of times!:p ).

And yeah, I myself enjoyed this edition- loved what everyone brought to the table for this one.

I probably should show off my autographs- J-RD put a very nice message on the autograph he gave me. And John loved talking about "Mines"- he seemed to have pretty fond memories of that one. And from the pics that I could have selected, he had one of him from that film with that big gun of his! I admit I was tempted! *where's the evil emoticon when you need it?* I'm glad someone appreciated hearing that!

Robyn said:
I know I haven't contributed in a long while, I just wanted say you guys are doing an awesome job!

Violet great to see you're a mod now(y)

Thanks, Robyn. I've been one for two weeks now. Glad to hear you enjoyed the show.:hat:

Stoo said:
Ed: I'm really shocked that you relegated Meco's disco rendition of "The Raiders March" to the very last 3 minutes.
However it was a reely reely really good kind of shocked...THANK YOU!

Stoo said:
Mitch: I'm sure a lof of fans are very jealous of your special trip.
No doubt...and that audio quality! :hat:

Stoo said:
Violet: Thank you so much for recording the Q&A session with Karen Allen!:hat: (Also great to finally hear the voice of our own Marion Fan Extraordinaire.):)
Bittersweet, great to hear and know she hopes like the rest of us. Thanks for "working" the show!:hat:

Stoo said:
Rob: The pace of your segments has definitely improved.(y) Personally, I'd welcome Tom Selleck in a small role for a possible Indy 5.
You're electric! I would also l enjoy seeing Selleck in a short bit. Maybe as a collegue/rival dressing down Indy for his methods, telling his students he would have done a better job, (at some dig site/protecting antiquities).

Stoo said:
Pat: The live Indy Jeopardy Challenge sounds like it was a HOOT and nice job on the Watson voice. How did you do it?:confused:
YOU of all people should play! What did you think of the difficulty? "He's" in town, just did a spot on The Daily Show on Tuesday night...

The Drifter said:
(Rocko, clean your PM box!)
Done.

Robyn said:
I know I haven't contributed in a long while, I just wanted say you guys are doing an awesome job!
The light is on...(Happy Birthday!):hat:

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
The light is on...(Happy Birthday!):hat:

Thanks again! :hat: And thanks for waking me up! As soon as I get a new audio device maybe I can start being a better sister to the Brotherhood :)

The Drifter

Robyn said:
Thanks again! :hat: And thanks for waking me up! As soon as I get a new audio device maybe I can start being a better sister to the Brotherhood :)

Glad to see you back Robyn. Also, Happy Birthday!

Stoo

Homage or Theft?

There is a French fan site that uses the opening of the IndyCast when you enter the site!:eek: It cuts off immediately after the 'Wilhelm scream' (just before Ed usually begins each episode's introduction). To the crew: Does this displease you or does it make you dance a happy, disco dance?

http://www.jones-jr.com

Stoo said:
There is a French fan site that uses the opening of the IndyCast when you enter the site!:eek: It cuts off immediately after the 'Wilhelm scream' (just before Ed usually begins each episode's introduction). To the crew: Does this displease you or does it make you dance a happy, disco dance?

http://www.jones-jr.com
Funny you should mention that!

I was looking through that site and saw a "deleted scene" picture of MINE!

I say this because I edited out the text from the magazine page and can still see the tell tale signs!

So c'est la vie...I shared their content with the Raven.

I can't hear the audio though...

Last edited:
Hmm, from the fact that there doesn't seem to be any mention of the show anywhere on the site, it certainly would appear to be theft rather than an homage...but hey, it's no big deal. :hat:

<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" style=" background-color: #000 ;border-color: #cccccc; color:#FF8000 ; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; padding:0px; border-width:1px; border-style:solid"><tr><td align="center"><embed quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000" width="140" height="173" src="http://www.esnips.com//escentral/images/widgets/flash/head_move.swf" flashvars="autoPlay=no&theFile=http://www.esnips.com//nsdoc/034d60e8-986a-4cdc-8cf8-36d6384c67d7&theName=5. I Hate The French&thePlayerURL=http://www.esnips.com//escentral/images/widgets/flash/mp3WidgetPlayer.swf"></embed></td></tr><tr><td style="font-size:11px" valign="bottom" align="center"><a style="color: #FF8000" href="http://www.esnips.com/doc/034d60e8-986a-4cdc-8cf8-36d6384c67d7/5.-I-Hate-The-French/?widget=flash_player_head_move">5. I Hate The Fren...</a></td></tr></table>

harvey

I say contact 'em and ask 'em to show some love (Hey Doktah Jones, time for love!) to the IndyCast on the Liens vers le site page. :whip:

It's the least they can do.

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
I can't hear the audio though...
Hmm...that's odd. Trust me, it's there. Which deleted-scene-photo was used?

@TheIndyOpinion (formerly known as robisindy): I have a very good sense of humour but was that little ditty really necessary, Rob? I'm not French but, geez, the site owner is just *one* guy!(n)
harvey (formerly known as something like harvey2929929) said:
I say contact 'em and ask 'em to show some love (Hey Doktah Jones, time for love!) to the IndyCast on the Liens vers le site page.:whip:
Bonne idée! (Great idea!)

Whole lotta name-changin' goin' on!:eek: Sarah doesn't even want to be called, "Violet", anymore!;)

Stoo said:
@TheIndyOpinion (formerly known as robisindy): I have a very good sense of humour but was that little ditty really necessary, Rob? I'm not French but, geez, the site owner is just *one* guy!(n)

:eek: Sheesh, it's just a joke, Stoo. Classic Rowan Atkinson - no malicious intent. As I said in the post, I don't even have a problem with the guy running the site, let alone the French in general.

harvey

Stoo - whatever you do, do NOT listen to Dennis Miller's rant on the French! :)

I think I may have mentioned a possible name change a while back, but can't remember. Looks like, as Rob just said to me...they must've processed a bunch at once.

Stoo

@TheIndyOpinion (formerly known as robisindy): Understood, my friend. Yes, it's just a joke but we can't forget that The Raven is an international forum.;)

@harvey (formerly known as something like harvey2929929): I actually would like to hear Miller's rant!:p

...and now, back to our regularly scheduled program...
Violet said:
Thanks Stoo & everyone who listened to this edition (and every other edition before that) of the Indycast. Just one thing: having heard my voice now, could you please tell all those Aussies that have told me over the years that I sound American, that I don't!:gun:
You DEFINITELY sound Australian, Vio-....I mean...Sarah.;)
Violet said:
However I do find it kind of funny that I'm still refered to as Violet (despite Ed saying my real name a couple of times!:p ).
In the past, you've been secretive about your real name so I didn't want to mention it publicly. Personally, I prefer using people's real names but you will always be Violet to the Raven veterans.
Rocket Surgeon said:
YOU of all people should play! What did you think of the difficulty?
The level of difficulty in the live Jeopardy Challenge the other week was fairly challenging but I'm afraid newbies would be left behind in the dust. The format suffers, though. I read through the entire thread and the winner of each question seemed to boil down to who has a faster internet connection/ability to submit posts quickly/ignoring proper punctuation. The categories & phrasing of the questions were EXCELLENT!:hat:

Stoo said:
Which deleted-scene-photo was used?
g_baiser_film_02.jpg

I still have the original with the text!

harvey

Stoo said:
@harvey (formerly known as something like harvey2929929)[/B]: I actually would like to hear Miller's rant!:p

I could never find the audio or video. There's one from Leno, and a different one from his old HBO show.

Stoo

RaiderMitch (formerly known as Mitchellhallock) said:
Next thing they'll be doing a le opinion d' indy!:rolleyes:
Maybe: "l'opinion d'Indy" or "l'avis d'Indy" would be a better way of putting it?;) (ANOTHER name change?!? What's going on around here, Mitch?:confused:)
Disco Muffin said:
I'd prefer the second. :)
You don't even listen to the IndyCast so, please, go do your disco dance in a poorly-lit corner on the other side of the room.:gun: