It's May 1st, where are the Indy toys?

IndySeven

QBComics said:
Still nothing except LEGOs (which I have all but one). I go check 5 days after stuff is supposed to come out and I get nothing! (n)

I hope you get some figures soon!:)

It's May 6th and you still haven't found anything?

Try Wal-Mart. All the ones that I've been to are stacked with Indy figures!:)

Vlad Dracula

Way of the dodo said:
Which Indy is that linked above? "Indy with jacket/aka Temple of Doom"?
I don't recognize it. (it doesn't have the giant holster the regular Raiders Indy has)

It's just the prototype of the Raiders Indy.

BlackSleep

Local Wal-Mart finally put out the Indy figures today...and I have to admit...they look absolutely ridiculous. I can't even tell you how disappointed I was, given the anticipation...but I didn't even buy any. I saw Dark Knight, Iron Man, Star Wars, Prince Caspian, even G.I. joe action figures that looked SO much better...these look cheap and rushed to market. The detail is a joke, and Indy looks like some goofball cartoon character. No likeness to Harrison Ford whatsoever. Absurd. Shame on Hasbro for a poor job.

BlackSleep

I went back to Wal-Mart and bought 3 action figures: Indy w/ whip cracking action (hand doesn't grip the whip well, so he actually throws the @#&*^ whip each time his arm does this action), Belloq, and Monkey Man (all from the Raiders wave). They came with some cool "hidden relics"...Indy with the grail tablet, Belloq with the fertility idol, and Monkey Man with Nurhachi's urn. Not sure I understand the pairing on this last one...

I saw all the action figures from Waves 1-2 except Marion, Spalko, and Cemetery Warrior. Anyone know whether some of the figures are being produced in higher numbers than others, or maybe these 3 are just very popular?

Also saw most of the deluxe figures (no Indy w/ ark, Marion & Cairo Henchman, German Soldiers, or Mutt w/ Motorcycle) and vehicles (no jungle cutter). My local Target still doesn't have anything out other than legos and 12" figures and that sound fx whip.

Vlad Dracula

BlackSleep said:
I saw all the action figures from Waves 1-2 except Marion, Spalko, and Cemetery Warrior. Anyone know whether some of the figures are being produced in higher numbers than others, or maybe these 3 are just very popular?

From what I understand, they're short packed right now with Marion and the Cemetary Warrior being the toughest to get so far followed by Spalko and the Ugha Warrior.

The Mutt with Motorcycle and the Jungle Cutter aren't out yet.

bonoferox

I'm still surprised that Marion is the tough one to find. I figured she would be the pegwarmer of the series.
Targets, Walmarts and TRU still have yet to replenish their stock so it's all a few Indy w/ bazookas and a lot of Mutt Williams left over in my area.
Regardless of these, I'm still happy to see the line doing rather well.

iLUVINDY

Vlad Dracula said:
From what I understand, they're short packed right now with Marion and the Cemetary Warrior being the toughest to get so far followed by Spalko and the Ugha Warrior.

The Mutt with Motorcycle and the Jungle Cutter aren't out yet.

Yeah, i really want the Mutt with Motorcycle, when are they going to release it, possibly with the next wave of figures in July????? Is it a rumored figure or has it been confirmed its an actual figure by hasbro????:rolleyes:

The Tingler

Okay, my Jacketed Indy arrived today!

For anyone who doesn't know (I certainly didn't), the figures aren't full-size action figures - they're Star Wars-style 3 3/4 inch figures. Which explains why Indy looks nothing like Harrison Ford.

Nevertheless, I'm impressed. He comes with two whips (one coiled, one "whipping"), pistol, Idol, and 'Secret Relic' in a 'Do Not Open!' box. I love how the pistol can go in the holster, which can then be buttoned closed, and how the coiled whip can be strapped to his belt!

Here's a couple of pics:

It's Indy!
Indy and, erm, Indy!

However, something surprised me - there is a major spoiler included for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It's a Free Figure you can send off for when you've bought six figures. It's exceptionally cool, and I hadn't planned on buying six figures before, but I will now! Haven't read all of this gigantic thread, am I right in thinking the Free Thing you can send off for with the US figures is the Ark of the Covenant? Well it's certainly not what we're getting here in the UK!

Here's a pic of that Secret Figure, but be warned, do not click on this next link if you don't want any spoilers for Indy IV! By the way, it's not "Abner Ravenwood" or "Mutt Williams as Indy's son" or an alien or a flying saucer.

SPOILER - The Secret Figure!

Last edited:

BlackSleep

Wow, the optional fedora accessory for Crystal Skull Indy (3 3/4 size figure) is HUGE on his head...it looks kinda stupid imo. Why wouldn't they make this figure with the hat attached to the head, with a more normal size? Did they include the hat as an optional accessory to show off Indy's gray hair? I'm bashing the action figures here, but honestly they're not all horrible...just the ones of Indy lol

http://www.theraider.net/information/collectibles/gallery/hasbro/series2/figure_indy01.jpg

BlackSleep

The Tingler said:
Haven't read all of this gigantic thread, am I right in thinking the Free Thing you can send off for with the US figures is the Ark of the Covenant? Well it's certainly not what we're getting here in the UK[/URL]

They're not free, the crystal skeleton w/ throne is $5.99 plus 6 stickers from the 3-3/4 action figures.

Crayfish

Did you guys see what they are shipping the relics in?

Another link over at TNI shows the 12 inch ark and AH Indy and horse and the mail away boxes they ship in ALSO look like crates minus the Hasbro logo and some other writing.