TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #26
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Not Indiana Jones, but this little guy just came in the mail and I wanted to take a pic of him, he rocks.

Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #27
Indy fan 235
IndyFan
 
Indy fan 235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 321
LOL Very nice. Do you have a lot of items from other films?
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #28
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy fan 235
LOL Very nice. Do you have a lot of items from other films?

Not yet but im starting to collect others now. I preordered the Flux Capacitor from Back to the Future and Im talking to a guy about getting the Barbasol Can w/ Dino Embryos from Jurassic Park. Im also trying to get a few Blade Runner and Cloverfield pieces.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #29
Indy fan 235
IndyFan
 
Indy fan 235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Not yet but im starting to collect others now. I preordered the Flux Capacitor from Back to the Future and Im talking to a guy about getting the Barbasol Can w/ Dino Embryos from Jurassic Park. Im also trying to get a few Blade Runner and Cloverfield pieces.

I've seen the Flux Capacitor, very nice piece.

The Barbasol Can with Dino embryos sounds awesome. You'll have to post a picture of that when you get it.
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #30
deckard24
IndyFan
 
deckard24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Not yet but im starting to collect others now. I preordered the Flux Capacitor from Back to the Future and Im talking to a guy about getting the Barbasol Can w/ Dino Embryos from Jurassic Park.
Quote:
Im also trying to get a few Blade Runner and Cloverfield pieces.

I would hope some Blade Runner pieces would be top on your priority list!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #31
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
I would hope some Blade Runner pieces would be top on your priority list!

They are but theyre so expensive. I wanted the $1500 blaster, but instead Im going to settle for a Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion, and then the cheaper $300off world metal blaster. I want the Smirnoff bottle too, but an empty one runs over $100. I still need to recover from spending so much on my Indy stuff. (Im only 21 and don't work everyday)
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:54 AM   #32
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
I took a whole bunch of new photos earlier and a few turned out rly well.





I should hopefully get a few new pieces in the mail today that I will post later.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #33
Indy fan 235
IndyFan
 
Indy fan 235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 321
Awesome collection. Just an awesome collection.
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #34
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Heres a new one that arrived, Not Indy.



Its Slusho, which was created by J.J. Abrams and has been in Heros, Lost, and Cloverfield. Still waiting on a few more Indy pieces I thought would be here by today. I still need a Nur Hachi then Im going to start to focus on Back to the Future props and Blade Runner props for a while.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #35
Indy fan 235
IndyFan
 
Indy fan 235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 321
Where do you get these props from?
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:10 AM   #36
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy fan 235
Where do you get these props from?

Mostly ebay.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:33 AM   #37
Indy fan 235
IndyFan
 
Indy fan 235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Mostly ebay.

Do you have one seller you trust and buy from, or just jump around from seller to seller?
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #38
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy fan 235
Do you have one seller you trust and buy from, or just jump around from seller to seller?

No, I just buy it from whoever has it. I have nvr been screwed on ebay. Most of my pieces are very limited however, the Headpiece, and Grail are one of a kinds, and the Idol is part of a run of about 20 or so.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #39
Indy fan 235
IndyFan
 
Indy fan 235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 321
An extremely impressive collection. I hope to begin to start getting props like that soon. Keep us posted with your latest finds!
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #40
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
My new Diary arrived today from Germany and its the best Ive owned. It came to me addressed to Dr. Jones. The Diary itself is well written and ledgible, and includes a ton of inserts. I'm going to get more pics of the inside later.



Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #41
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Well finally, some Blade Runner props can be added to my collection.



Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #42
deckard24
IndyFan
 
deckard24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,589
That diary and the Blade Runner props are awesome man!!

You got a hell of a collection going there! You're gonna need some nice glass display cases soon, to keep all this stuff safe in.
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #43
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
That diary and the Blade Runner props are awesome man!!

You got a hell of a collection going there! You're gonna need some nice glass display cases soon, to keep all this stuff safe in.

Thanks, already on it, I just bought a huge Barrister Bookcase, which are the kind w/ glass doors to protect the contents. I can't afford one of those nifty acrylic displays, bcuz they are mostly custom and cost thousands of dollars.

Anyway, this is nothing, give me another 2-3 weeks, I just scored a Crystal Skull and a ton of Back to the Future stuff. Still waiting for a few other Indy props as well.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #44
deckard24
IndyFan
 
deckard24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Thanks, already on it, I just bought a huge Barrister Bookcase, which are the kind w/ glass doors to protect the contents. I can't afford one of those nifty acrylic displays, bcuz they are mostly custom and cost thousands of dollars.

Anyway, this is nothing, give me another 2-3 weeks, I just scored a Crystal Skull and a ton of Back to the Future stuff. Still waiting for a few other Indy props as well.
Check this out! Not bad for a dispaly case!
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #45
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
Check this out! Not bad for a dispaly case!
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055


That isn't bad, and thats exactly what Im looking for as far as design, the problem with that one tho, is the weight the shelves can hold. Only 13 pounds each, and that Idol I have weighs closer to 15-20.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #46
deckard24
IndyFan
 
deckard24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
That isn't bad, and thats exactly what Im looking for as far as design, the problem with that one tho, is the weight the shelves can hold. Only 13 pounds each, and that Idol I have weights closer to 15-20.
Yeah the weight could be an issue! I've had my eyes on one for toys and lightweight props. Your Blade Runner gun, headpiece, grail diary, etc. could work well in one of those though.

By the way, where did the painting of the grail knight making the leap of faith come from? EBay?
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:22 PM   #47
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
Yeah the weight could be an issue! I've had my eyes on one for toys and lightweight props. Your Blade Runner gun, headpiece, grail diary, etc. could work well in one of those though.

Ya thats true, I was looking at something just like that to have custom built for me with stronger shelves, and they wanted $1600.00. I was shocked. Thats more then I payed for the props themselves.

Oh and yes the painting is from ebay. It's only a printing but I still love it.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #48
deckard24
IndyFan
 
deckard24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Ya thats true, I was looking at something just like that to have custom built for me with stronger shelves, and they wanted $1600.00. I was shocked. Thats more then I payed for the props themselves.

Oh and yes the painting is from ebay. It's only a printing but I still love it.
$1600 is nuts!

Only a print huh? Is is framed though? It looks like it has a wood border and a laminate seal over the whole thing.
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #49
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
$1600 is nuts!

Only a print huh? Is is framed though? It looks like it has a wood border and a laminate seal over the whole thing.

Looks like he prints the image on a thick sheet of paper then glues it to a thin wood base like a canvas. The glue is something crazy, I mean that thing is on the base and not coming off. Then he attaches that to the big wood base which is weathered then sealed. It's pretty nice. It's also numbered 31 or 32 I forget which, of 300. There aren't 300 out there tho, I've only seen one other be offered since mine.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:43 PM   #50
deckard24
IndyFan
 
deckard24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Looks like he prints the image on a thick sheet of paper then glues it to a thin wood base like a canvas. The glue is something crazy, I mean that thing is on the base and not coming off. Then he attaches that to the big wood base which is weathered then sealed. It's pretty nice. It's also numbered 31 or 32 I forget which, of 300. There aren't 300 out there tho, I've only seen one other be offered since mine.
I'm curious how much you spent on it. If you don't want to flat out say, could you PM me. I'd love to get one if I can find one!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.