Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Old 04-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #26
joebloggs
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiano Jones
Wested is the true, more "authentic" jacket since the original movie jacket blue-prints are used as a basis for each jacket. I personally own one, the raider's style, and could not be more pleased. I've seen a Todd's and they just are not the same. The color of the leather was off and the jacket was rather thin. I suggest to anyone looking for the best looking and the best quality Indy jacket to go with a Wested; Hands down the better choice.
I would have to agree with you there. Wested, to me looks more accurate and is a lot more durable. A wested is meant to be worn. I also own the raiders version in cowhide, and plan on getting a lambskin one, though I haven't decided on which style...raiders or TOD. I wont be going for LC as I prefer the earlier ones.
joebloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #27
eazybox
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiano Jones
Wested is the true, more "authentic" jacket since the original movie jacket blue-prints are used as a basis for each jacket. I personally own one, the raider's style, and could not be more pleased. I've seen a Todd's and they just are not the same. The color of the leather was off and the jacket was rather thin. I suggest to anyone looking for the best looking and the best quality Indy jacket to go with a Wested; Hands down the better choice.

Since Wested lost the original patterns years ago, their claim to authenticity, at least with the Raiders jacket, is questionable. They are also not the same company they were when "Raiders" was made-- they were called "Leather Concessionaires" at that time.

They did reproduce an original TOD jacket recently, which they borrowed from the family of Noel Howard, who had just died. Profiting from someone's death, though, seems rather ghoulish to me and I wouldn't own that jacket personally.

Todd, G&B and Tony Nowak offer the most highly accurate Raiders jackets available, reproduced from original, screen-used samples.

Wested had a video on their website in which they appeared to take credit for making the CS jacket, which was entirely the work of Tony Nowak.

Jack
eazybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #28
indyclone25
IndyFan

well i plan on buying a todds standard and i hope that it isn't to windbreaker like i have one of the indy jackets from the texas lottery and i liked the material enough (wasn't sure if it is lambskin or not ) but it did keep me warm enough during the winter and the chicago winters can get pretty cold. if the todds is close enough to the material like the lottery jacket i will be happy i just want the jacket in a dark color cause i love my lottery jacket but the color is a light brown --- here is a pic in the jacket

indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #29
Indyfan4ever
IndyFan

Hey Indyclone25,

I live in Chicago too and with this kind of weather, you need a nice thick jacket. I own a U.S. Wing jacket also (two actually) and a Todd's.

Looking at your coat, it looks like my U.S Wings cowhide. They are great coats and they are built to be tough. But I didn't like the light color of mine. So I heard good things about Todd, and I bought one. They look nice, they are cheap, but they won't keep you warm in the winter. It's a nice jacket in the spring, but it is really thin.

So, I saved up for yet another jacket and I wanted to go back with U.S. Wings (glad I did). This time I bought a lambskin, and I am very very very pleased with it. It has the thickness (not too thick though) like my old cowhide and the nice rich/dark color you see in the Indy movies.

If you like the feel of the jacket you have now, you will not find that with Todd's, although they are nice jackets. If you wants something to keep you warm in the Windy City and looks like the real deal, go with U.S. Wings.

I'll post pic. comparisons of the 3 jackets if you want
Indyfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #30
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

I live in Chicago and my Todd's standard suffices.

Then again it's hard for me to get cold and this winter wasn't as bad as the previous ones.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #31
indyclone25
IndyFan

i'm just hoping to get a jacket darker in color and i hope that todd's will be ok even fore the fall and spring seasons
Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #32
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Wested and Todds both look fantastic but I already have an Indy style jacket I got for my birthday last year and can't justifty buying another one.

I'm thinking very hard though about buying this jacket

http://www.wested.com/x-men-1-wolver...acket-65-p.asp

It's already distressed to and it's boneified badass.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #33
indyclone25
IndyFan

looks nice ---
Old 04-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #34
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Yeah it does!

Hopefully I will be able to get it soon. It's the jacket from the first X-men though I wonder if Wested will do the jacket from X-men Origins.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #35
indyclone25
IndyFan

well i ordered my todds standard today i should see it by next tuesday. then basically the only thing i have to get next is the boots and i will have the whole costume .
Old 04-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #36
theinterchange
IndyFan

I briefly owned a off the rack Wested ROLA lamb. The sizing on the thing seemed strange, it was long in places and too short or tight in others.

There's a Todd's on it's way to me now, I'll post an opinion of it when I get it. [I saw pics from someone who just purchased a Todd's and it looked fantastic compared to the Wested I had. ]
theinterchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #37
indyclone25
IndyFan

should be recieving my todds tomorrow on monday the 27th --- can't wait
Old 04-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #38
indyclone25
IndyFan

i love the todds jacket ----it doesnt feel to much like a windbreaker but it is light --- which is good for those spring days and hot summer days
Old 04-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #39
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Looks great, Indyclone! And I feel the same way about the weight. It's very light but not windbreaker light. Mine fits me like a glove. It's perfect.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #40
eazybox
IndyFan

You have chosen wisely, Indyclone25!

Jack
eazybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #41
indyclone25
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazybox
You have chosen wisely, Indyclone25!

Jack
thank you --- it took me awhile to get one ---- now just to get the boots and i'm all set , the jacket fits nice and not to snug --- i will be wearing this from now on . i must say if you are looking for a nice jacket and don't want to spend alot the todds standard is the way to go --- best 150 bucks i ever spent!